The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry for joining in on this conversation so late but I just got around to reading these posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i also can't see much of the royal family, apart from obviously kate, william and harry, attending. i highly doubt that charles and camilla will be there, or anyone beyond that.

regarding kate being matron of honour, i agree that it is not traditional and for that reason it is looking unlikely, but here's hoping :) i still wouldn't bet on it. which makes me wonder who will pippa choose as we don't know many female friends of her...
I also can't see most of the BRF attending. I even have big doubts about Harry being there, he wasn't at her 30th birthday bash, and he wasn't at her housewarming party earlier this year. The two appear to be friendly but not friends. The BRF member most likely to attend would probably be Lady Gabriella Windsor as she's in a longterm relationship with Pippa's close friend Tom Kingston.

I also want to point out that Pippa does in fact have several close female friends that she's known for many years. The most notable being: Alice St John Webster, Camilla Campion-Awwad, Camilla Hook, Rowena Macrae, Philippa Townley, and her unnamed friend whom she has been frequently pictured with since University - you can see her here http://abcnews.go.com/images/Enterta...0605_wblog.jpg

Only about three of those ladies are known to be married. Her cousin Lucy Middleton ( who she is close to) is also unmarried. So if she wants to go for the traditional unmarried MoH, she has plenty of options.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Courtier

If as has been already reported the wedding will take place in the local Bucklebury church with the reception held at her parents home, marquee style, it (the reception) can be as big or small as they, Pippa and James wish.

Not expecting to see any of the RF other than William, maybe Harry at a stretch as Kate's brother-in-law.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Harry will be invited: weddings are known to be good places to meet eligible singles!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Catherine's father-in-law and stepmother-in-law might be be invited. I think she get to invited guest too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why would the PoW and the DoC want or need to be included on Pippa's wedding guest list?

Are they known to socialize with the Middletons?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

The church is relatively small. You have to invite both families- aunts, uncles, cousins, friends of the couples, coworkers of the couple and then maybe some friends of the parents.

We haven't really seen the Middletons socialize with Charles and Camilla other than them talking to Camilla in the royal box at Wimbledon.

Also they may not want the security risk of having Charles, William, George, Charlotte and maybe Harry all in the same location. The security is going to be high just to cover the Cambridge family attending.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Majesty

I don't know what to expect. It could go either way. It certainly will be a 'society' wedding but with an intimate guest list.

Pippa moves in some pretty posh circles independent of her sister. Her room-mates at university included a Lord and an Earl
Old 11-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Majesty

I don't think Harry will turn up, actually. I think it will be just the Cambridge contingent from the BRF, minus Charlotte probably, as she is still just a toddler. I do expect George Percy to be present though, perhaps Lady Missy his sister, perhaps the Duchess of Northumberland as an outside chance, and various Innes-Kerrs, as Pippa has known these families for years.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know. An invitation might be extended to them. That's all I'm pointing out.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Majesty

The Mail is the only newspaper doing this.

They should leave her alone.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think it worries her too much.
Once the wedding is over I think things will calm down

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

OH my God can you imagine she walked down the street only the daily fail can turn this into news.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh but don't you understand???? She's out running errands! Most newsworthy when she pays her utility bill or mails a letter!!!!!

LaRae
Old 11-23-2016, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh but don't you understand???? She's out running errands! Most newsworthy when she pays her utility bill or mails a letter!!!!!

LaRae
What I love love love are all the comments screaming WHO CARES!

It never seems to dawn on those people that by doing this they are guaranteeing more of the same!
If they would just ignore the articles and resist the urge to respond, there wouldn't be so many. But when there's hundreds of comments to something as innocuous as Pippa running errands, you know the press won't let up.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Majesty

The trio were spotted leaving The Henry van Straubenzee Carol Concert

Pippa Middleton is joined by fiancé James and mother Carole | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Pippa Middleton's wedding date revealed

Royal Trio Updates Pippa Middleton & James Matthews will marry on the 20th May 2017 at St Mark’s Englefield in Berkshire!
Old 12-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

On this day eight years before I got married to the best husband of the world.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Courtier

My birthday.....
How nice ....
Old 12-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Pippa Middleton's wedding date revealed

Royal Trio Updates Pippa Middleton & James Matthews will marry on the 20th May 2017 at St Mark’s Englefield in Berkshire!
very exciting to have the confirmation. i guess then that the reports were true and she will indeed marry in her home town and celebrate in her parents' house! good choice IMO to maintain the intimate nature of the ceremony and to keep with tradition in hosting the wedding at the bride's hometown.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Looking forward to the big day.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton