Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koningin

Gentry
City
Greater Poland
Country
Poland
It's a time to start with new thread! :flowers:

"Pippa and James Matthews" sounds better :)

I'll have to get used to the new name!

LaRae

What is wrong with Philippa? Pippa is such a childish name.

:previous: Well Philippa is a rather more formal name with a lot of syllables and consonants. It's bound to have been shortened. And she's gone by Pippa apparently for all of her life. They may have called her Phillippa during the wedding ceremony since it's a formal occasion.

:lol: I thought some posters were unhappy with Pippa having her own threads since she's non-royal, and yet here's another one. I'm fine with it. The more the merrier. :)

Last edited:
:previous: I assume the straight Pippa thread is closed or will be. So once the wedding is done, there will be only one Pippa thread.

I thought Pippa thread could just simply have a title change to add James but guess not.

James has been added as is right and proper. Somewhere down the line here we'll be adding & Family to the title. :D

:previous: I assume the straight Pippa thread is closed or will be. So once the wedding is done, there will be only one Pippa thread.

I thought Pippa thread could just simply have a title change to add James but guess not.

Precisely. The previous Pippa thread will remain closed, this will be sole thread going forward to discuss Pippa and James.

The straight Pippa thread has been around since 2011 and has gotten huge - it takes forever to load on the mobile app now. Makes sense to open a new thread in general.

:previous: Well Philippa is a rather more formal name with a lot of syllables and consonants. It's bound to have been shortened. And she's gone by Pippa apparently for all of her life. They may have called her Phillippa during the wedding ceremony since it's a formal occasion.

During the vows the officiant would have said "Phillippa Charlotte, wilt thou have this man..." and when prompted she would have said "I, Phillippa Charlotte..."

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

I wonder if her husband has a nickname, since her brother is also named James. Could get confusing.

Not only are her brother and husband both James, they are both James M. (Middleton/Matthews.) What about middle names?

:previous:

James Spencer Matthews
James William Middleton

So they are in Sydney for their honeymoon! Video out on twitter and media
Pippa Middleton honeymoons in Sydney with husband James Matthews

They were in NZ last week? New speculation or rumors about Brando were wrong?

Sydney more my kind of holiday, more to do then just beaches.

So I guess the other article on the wedding thread, with pictures in Sydney were wrong. Not about Sydney, but saying the couple spent last week in NZ. The Brando island story was right.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've probably been in all three spots. Lovely honeymoon if you can afford it! Sydney might be a bit cool at the moment though. Here in Oz we are heading into winter. NZ too!

Seems unlikely, only been gone barely over a week. Only one article mentions NZ so far, and I haven't seen photos unlike Brando and now Sydney.

Edit looking at Brando sight, to fly from the island to Sydney, a layover in New Zealand is common. So likely people spotting her getting off flight from Auckland assumed they were there and not just lay over.

Last edited:
I imagine at the Brando resort they spent a lot of time recuperating from the wedding and then flying through many time zones.

The "Vivid" festival started in Sydney last Friday night.

Here is a youtube from 2015 giving you an idea of what Pippa and James are looking at from their hotel opposite the Opera House.

And it's fine, but freezing here - coldest May morning a few days ago, since record keeping began.

(But maybe that's not a problem for them, coming from the UK. :lol:)

https://youtu.be/Ps8K_lylYes

Last edited:
Why there is a special board for Pippa and her husband, she doen't belong to the eoyal family, she is only the sister of the future queen but we don't see a speciel board for the relativrs of other queens or prince consort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom