Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps 20 years from now we'll still be calling this child Baby Matthews. They may have decided to name him Bartholomew Andrew Bertram Yusef. :D

Sorry..... just couldn't resist this one. :lol:

He could be, but I really haven't heard that form of address since about 1968!

Oh gosh, then I'm very old fashioned. I still address letters to children using Miss or Master. I'm super old fashioned to be still posting cards and gifts too.

There is something to be said about hanging onto some of the now "old fashioned" way of doing things. I also haven't heard the term "Master" used in many, many years but when I do see it, I think of a young boy. It seems to me that more and more, the language of today is getting more and more in the written word to resemble texting with abbreviations. But I digress.

Yes, I see your point.
Master Matthews probably has a very nice name but we might not know it for quite some time. His parents are not public figures.

Yes, I see your point.
Master Matthews probably has a very nice name but we might not know it for quite some time. His parents are not public figures.

Oh, don’t you worry, we’ll get that baby’s name soon.

He could be, but I really haven't heard that form of address since about 1968!

Peter Philips was addressed as 'Master Peter Philips' by the media and others until he was well into his 20s.

Oh, don’t you worry, we’ll get that baby’s name soon.

Oh for sure. The kid has to start school sometime. :D

We might not find out his name until he is christened :cool:

I wonder if he will be baptized at St Marks Berkshire where his parents wed?

I wonder if their might be a Times or Telegraph birth announcement

Do you think that Master Matthews will have only two godparents? Or might he have more than two godparents?

Do you think that Master Matthews will have only two godparents? Or might he have more than two godparents?

If they go the traditional route it would be three. Not sure how common now, but the Anglican Church used to say three was the prime number. A girl would have two godmothers and one godfather, and the reverse.

If they decide tradional, two godfathers one god mother would be custom. I don't see them going royal and doing more.

Master Matthews Godparents guesses:

Roger or Mirka Federer, Catherine or Prince William, Harry or Meghan, friend of James.
Two or three Godparents.

Master Middleton name guesses:

Charles Robert Francis Matthews
William Michael Spencer Matthews

I'm tipping that the name will be out there in about two weeks.
I used to think it would stay private but that's not likely.
They love tennis and the names are family related.

Any other ideas?

Fun ones:
Pipstar Jimbo Matthews
Michael Wimbledon Matthews

Last edited:
I am seeing reports that Pippa's son has been named Michael, after her father and James' brother.
I'm not certain that is official, though.

I saw that a few days ago...but nothing confirmed.

LaRae

What a cruel world we live in. The Fail ends by noting Pippa's occupation on the birth cert is "author" then reminds us her book was panned by critics.

I'll end by saying that seeing her wedding photo again, I thought she was such a beautiful bride. And he is no slouch as a groom.

Anyone know where Arthur is from? Is it popular again? :flowers:

Very nice name. I can see William becoming Godfather too.

Handsome old name ... and it's not too much of a tongue twister to say Master Arthur Matthews.

William is his Uncle's middle name so after two uncles.

Lovely names. Tradition now seems to be going back to "old" names whether family or just favorite names. Recently I have known personal friends grandchildren naming their babies Lillian, Jacob, Stephen, Sarah, Carol and Mary. All names common many years ago. I guess what is old is now new again.

What a lovely names! Especially the Arthur!

I don't particularly like it but he will grow into it; like all names really.

Michael was what I was hoping,for, do not like Arthur, Artie or,art in the us

Michael was a given. Not just Grandpa but James' late brother.

I could be wrong but I think there was a possible agreement between the two brothers not to use Michael as a first name. Both Spencer's son Theodore and Arthur have Michael. Though one using it as a first name wouldn't rule out the other using it as a middle. Arthur is one of Louis' after all.

I had wanted Arthur for Louis as a first name. Guess got used, not Royal ?

William is a nice nod to Uncle James. Honor uncle on both sides of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom