Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they are now said to be on a flight to Darwin if @Peter Ford is right

Why there is a special board for Pippa and her husband, she doen't belong to the eoyal family, she is only the sister of the future queen but we don't see a speciel board for the relativrs of other queens or prince consort

I was thinking the exact thing. Neither of them are royal or part of the nobility. If anything put this in the celebrity forum....never mind I see she is in the DoCs family thread, that is where she belongs. Having a thread for her wedding in the noble marriages thread made me roll my eyes.

Last edited:
I was thinking the exact thing. Neither of them are royal or part of the nobility. If anything put this in the celebrity forum....never mind I see she is in the DoCs family thread, that is where she belongs. Having a thread for her wedding in the noble marriages thread made me roll my eyes.

Tom Parker-Bowles and Sara Buys wedding thread is also in the Noble marriages forum. Does that make your eyes roll, too? Or is this a Middleton specific annoyance?

Why there is a special board for Pippa and her husband, she doen't belong to the eoyal family, she is only the sister of the future queen but we don't see a speciel board for the relativrs of other queens or prince consort

Well, we have thread for the weather, for what irks us and for speculation about Megan Markle. We thread about gems, children, lookalikes and genealogy. We thread about future and past monarchies. About friends and employees of monarchs. We thread about buildings and causes. We also thread about holidays and festivals. We thread for help, prayers, understanding when we take breaks. So the Matthews also get a thread.

You were post 65, I will be post 67 on this thread. It's not as if there is no interest.

BTW and speaking from experience, when I created thread and no one showed up, the Mods killed the thread off. Interest counts.

You were post 65, I will be post 67 on this thread. It's not as if there is no interest.

BTW and speaking from experience, when I created thread and no one showed up, the Mods killed the thread off. Interest counts.

Perfectly true; it's all about the interest!

When commenters complain about the Pippa articles, they never seem to notice that the articles are clickbait! That is the reason they are so ubiquitous, because people feel compelled to click on them and comment.

I'd rather read about Pippa than some obscure person who is 99th in the line of succession, but that's just me. ;)

:previous: Then stay out if the Norway thread. The Norweigans take up the last 20 or so spots in the top 100. One of Princess Astrids grandchildren was 99 in 2011 but they would have all dropper further. That close to the throne, no ones that obscure.

The difference between an 'obscure' heir and Pippa, is they are an heir. This is a royal board. Aristocracy goes hand in hand.

Comparing her to the Bernadotte thread is wrong. The Bernadottes are royals by blood. Not in laws. No comparison. Camillas children would be a fairer comparison though one could argue stepkids are a closer link then inlaws. Laura and her husband, like the Spencer's, belong in their own right. They all belong in the aristocracy thread. Laura's husband is noble on both sides.

But who cares. We have a celebrity thread. Arguably she belongs there. As she is popular for being popular, not royal. But either way there is interest.

No one likes every thread. If you don't like Pippa, or don't want to read about her, ignore her thread. I highly doubt everyone likes every thread. Move on.

Back to Pippa

I highly doubt she accepted money to go there. But even if she did, why would it be needed investigation :ermm:

She is a private citizen. Celebrities are paid to attend events all the time. Good promotion for them and event. Pippa owes no explanation of what she does. Not like she is being accused of taking bribes to sway the queen on something.

Last edited:
Perfectly true; it's all about the interest!

When commenters complain about the Pippa articles, they never seem to notice that the articles are clickbait! That is the reason they are so ubiquitous, because people feel compelled to click on them and comment.

I'd rather read about Pippa than some obscure person who is 99th in the line of succession, but that's just me. ;)

It's not just you. I'm only interested in those in line from the top through the Kent branch. Past that I would rather read about the non-royal relatives of Camilla, Diana, and Catherine. :D

Last edited:
I highly doubt she accepted money to go there. But even if she did, why would it be needed investigation :ermm:

She is a private citizen. Celebrities are paid to attend events all the time. Good promotion for them and event. Pippa owes no explanation of what she does. Not like she is being accused of taking bribes to sway the queen on something.

I agree. :huh: I am puzzled why the government should be involved to 'investigate'. That would cost money. Why spend money on a private citizen? :sad: Could look like harassment.

Thank you, royal rob. :flowers: Why would there be questions of government as you suggested if this were true?

The sunrise tv show have a good video about if it's paid or not but I can't copy it. Vivid haven't denied it. Anyway I'm sure they are having a good time. A $1800 a night hotel suite would be rather nice.

I'll say! :flowers:

Check out the youtube I posted a few pages back Lady Nimue.

Understood. :flowers: Thank you, Sun Lion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it was part of a promotional visit but they are private citizens and can set up a promotional visit if they want. The Tindalls go to Australia yearly as part of an endorsement deal for the Magic Millions race.

The Australian government paid 3 million for Oprah and her audience to come.

Does Pippa have a regular job ? I know she wrote the book about giving a party and a couple of articles in a magazine. I have never heard about a regular 9-5 type job

She writes a monthly column for Waitrose Weekend. She writes sporadic articles for Vanity Fair, The Spectator, etc. I don't know if she'll continue with this post-marriage. She might focus on having a child(ren), and I think she'll be strongly involved in the Michael Matthews Foundation.

I do feel confident that she will continue with her charity commitments. She’s an ambassador to a few charities, The British Heart Foundation, The Mary Hare School for the deaf, and Disability Snowsport UK.

She’s probably continue training for her various sport endurance challenges every year.

Only Pippa and her husband likely know what her longterm goals are.

After arriving in Darwin a couple of hours ago, Pippa and James have now taken off on a chartered plane.

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.n...Matthews arrive at Darwin International A.jpg

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.n...Matthews get on a charter plane from Darw.jpg

Some other passengers of the charter company not impressed about being locked outside of the waiting lounge in the sun, with their groceries.

And some TV coverage showing the Aussie fun this is getting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/870130403964633088/video/1

Last edited:
After arriving in Darwin a couple of hours ago, Pippa and James have now taken off on a chartered plane.

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.n...Matthews arrive at Darwin International A.jpg

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.n...Matthews get on a charter plane from Darw.jpg

Some other passengers of the charter company not impressed about being locked outside of the waiting lounge in the sun, with their groceries.

And some TV coverage showing the Aussie fun this is getting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/870130403964633088/video/1

I officially love the Aussie news :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for making me laugh so hard I snorted pop out my nose :ROFLMAO:

Sadly never made it to NT. Just Victoria, NSW and Queensland. I was volunteering with CVA Melbourne. We spent month planting trees in the islands south of Melbourne, mainly Philip and French, weekends in the city. Then flew to Sydney, sadly missed Canberra, and took two weeks drive up coast ending in Cairns.

Last edited:
Thanks for making me laugh so hard I snorted pop out my nose :ROFLMAO:

Sadly never made it to NT. Just Victoria, NSW and Queenstown. Was volunteering with CVA Melbourne. We spent month planting trees in the islands south of Melbourne, mainly Philip and French, weekends in the city. Then flew to Sydney, sadly missed Canberra, and took two weeks drive up coast ending in Cairns.

"NT News" newspaper front pages are worth checking out on Google Images, if you ever want some Aussie humour Countessmeout.

Hope Pippa gets a copy and has it framed.

Gotta love the NT News telling it like it is

Pippa will never live down that bridesmaid's dress!

I doubt she and James accepted any payments from Vivid or anyone else. If they turned down big bucks for wedding pictures, why would they?
Not like they need the money!

(I really like that blouse she is wearing; maybe she should be added in the fashion thread?)

Pippa will never live down that bridesmaid's dress!

I doubt she and James accepted any payments from Vivid or anyone else. If they turned down big bucks for wedding pictures, why would they?
Not like they need the money!

(I really like that blouse she is wearing; maybe she should be added in the fashion thread?)

I'm not understanding why the Aussies are so excited about the Duchess of Cambridge's sister visiting them on her honeymoon. I love Pippa but this is really strange.

I also doubt they are receiving any payments. Apparently, they turned down a "name your price" offer from Hello for wedding photos/interview so why would they agree to payment for this? I don't think Vivid could afford to pay more than Hello/People could. And, even if they are receiving something (payment, hotel) why should it be investigated? Zara does it all the time in her capacity as a showjumper.

I like her blouse also and I think Catherine has one like it. (In fact, Pippa could be wearing Kate's blouse. They've been known to share clothes.)

I don't think they are stalking them. The pictures are up close and Pippa seems awfully smiley and wavey in a few of them. Someone pointed out on twitter that Pippa is wearing Kate Spade clothes and Aspinal bags in every one of the pictures. Its possible she was given these clothes by the designer to wear for free in exchange for her being photographed wearing them.

Even so, honeymoons to me should be photographer-free occasions since they are meant to be a private holiday between the couple.

I usually try to avoid replying to the comments about she's smiling and she likes the attention but I'm in a stupid mood! Catherine and her family have always given the impression of being polite, they know they are going to be photographed and they are on a hiding to nothing - if they smile 'they love the attention', if they ignore 'they're too stuck up'! I think they've always reacted appropriately but hey ho, I suppose the world would be better boring if we all had the same opinion

I totally agree with this.

I'm not understanding why the Aussies are so excited about the Duchess of Cambridge's sister visiting them on her honeymoon. I love Pippa but this is really strange.

I also doubt they are receiving any payments. Apparently, they turned down a "name your price" offer from Hello for wedding photos/interview so why would they agree to payment for this? I don't think Vivid could afford to pay more than Hello/People could. And, even if they are receiving something (payment, hotel) why should it be investigated? Zara does it all the time in her capacity as a showjumper.

I like her blouse also and I think Catherine has one like it. (In fact, Pippa could be wearing Kate's blouse. They've been known to share clothes.)

Most people here in Australia couldn't care less about Pippa and are not excited to see her here.

Most people here in Australia couldn't care less about Pippa and are not excited to see her here.

That's what people say, but there's hundreds of comments on any item about Pippa.

(If nobody was interested, she'd simply fade into obscurity. But someone is clicking those articles and commenting).

That's what people say, but there's hundreds of comments on any item about Pippa.

(If nobody was interested, she'd simply fade into obscurity. But someone is clicking those articles and commenting).

Yep a few hundred if that. Not thousands.

I think the Oz media is just having a bit of fun with Pippa and Jame's visit.

There was a lot of attention yesterday about her white top - now dubbed the "Seinfeld Puffy" shirt.

So much attention in fact, that Pippa got the political cartoon in today's Sydney paper.

The cartoonist has her modeling "The Seinfeld Collection" - the "Elaine", "George Costanza", "Kramer" and "Soup Nazi, (complete with cooking stains.) :lol:

One of the TV shows managed to get some footage of James on the balcony of their hotel while they were in Sydney and billed it as a "scoop".

But even the hosts couldn't keep a straight face about their "scoop" and it's true value as a media worthy bit of footage.

That's now spread across other media outlets, as we're all in on the joke. :lol:

I think the Oz media is just having a bit of fun with Pippa and Jame's visit.

There was a lot of attention yesterday about her white top - now dubbed the "Seinfeld Puffy" shirt.

So much attention in fact, that Pippa got the political cartoon in today's Sydney paper.

The cartoonist has her modeling "The Seinfeld Collection" - the "Elaine", "George Costanza", "Kramer" and "Soup Nazi, (complete with cooking stains.) :lol:

One of the TV shows managed to get some footage of James on the balcony of their hotel while they were in Sydney and billed it as a "scoop".

But even the hosts couldn't keep a straight face about their "scoop" and it's true value as a media worthy bit of footage.

That's now spread across other media outlets, as we're all in on the joke. :lol:

Joke or not, why even bother? Someone said "nobody cares" but if the media in Australia are running story after story, SOMEBODY must care? I'm puzzled, that's all. If Pippa and James had spent time in the US during their honeymoon, I assure you it would not make any of the papers, not even as a cartoon. They were photographed at LAX only because there are photographers at that airport 24/7 because of all the celebs who come through. The photographer took a couple of photos of Pippa and James and sold those photos to the Daily Mail. There were no stories on the evening news in the US about them. I don't watch those entertainment shows so I don't know if they had anything.

Oh well, I am enjoying the photos from Australia and they are harmless, I suppose. At least the honeymoon at the resort was totally private.

Check out the youtube I posted a few pages back Lady Nimue.

I don't think Pippa was needed to promote it.

It's already bigger than Mardi Gras and the New Year's fireworks.

Has been going for quite a few years and draws international visitors already.

Promoted as the biggest light show in the world.
Thanks for sharing; I highly enjoyed watching Vivid!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom