Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband was in Paris back in the 80's...it was filthy then too....so don't think it's just dog poo that's the problem.

Anyone I know (in real life) that's been say the same thing ..even within the last 10 years.

LaRae

My husband was in Paris back in the 80's...it was filthy then too....so don't think it's just dog poo that's the problem.

Anyone I know (in real life) that's been say the same thing ..even within the last 10 years.

LaRae

I've been to Paris several times, beginning in 1972 and I didn't think it was all that dirty. I have traveled extensively and, at the time, it was the same as most metropolitan cities in Europe and the States. New York wasn't exactly pristine and neither was London. These days, I would definitely call Paris filthy, though.

Maybe that's what Paris is the "City of Lights". You need to see where you're stepping. :D

Pippa should be happy some of her popularity died down :whistling:

A few months ago they would have followed her until they got the mother load shot, her scooping poop. From behind of course :lol:

Fortunately for her it was only a slow news day and a simple shot was enough.

Good point Countessmeout. Things have died down. Its the slow season for news. We get news like "Andrew was seen leaving the restaurant" and Pippa takes her dog for a walk.

At the height of Pippamania, that mother lode photo would not only be worth a lot of money, they could have retrieved said poop from the public waste bin and sold it on Ebay and people would have bought it. ?

A few months ago they would have followed her until they got the mother load shot, her scooping poop. From behind of course :lol:

She's probably very happy that they aren't following her every move. I think she wanted her life back and, right now, she has it. I think the paps will start to follow her more once she's pregnant, though.

I thought the same. Or the DF press room are full of sumemr interns and the regulars are away

I think the paps will start to follow her more once she's pregnant, though.
I am surprised the covers of the trashy mags haven't started yet. I can see it now, splashed all over New Idea: "Kate and Pippa SHOCKING news - We're BOTH expecting triplets!"

Assuming Pippa has children...we'll see.

LaRae

Yes, I am assuming a young woman from a close-knit family would want children. Why wouldn't she? It's only an assumption though.

So only women from broken or distant families don't want kids :ermm:

Not saying pippa doesn't want or won't have kids but that is a very narrow minded assumption. Many modern women don't picture kids, even when married. It's not a sign of how they were raised. It's a sign of their personal goals. It's archaic to think all women automatically want kids.

So only women from broken or distant families don't want kids :ermm:

Not saying pippa doesn't want or won't have kids but that is a very narrow minded assumption. Many modern women don't picture kids, even when married. It's not a sign of how they were raised. It's a sign of their personal goals. It's archaic to think all women automatically want kids.

I never said anything about women wanting or not wanting children. We (at least I) were talking about Pippa Middleton Matthews and I was replying to the statement "assuming Pippa has children." I am assuming she does want children because many women who experienced happy childhoods want to have children of their own. Not ALL of them, certainly. I have no clue, and neither do you, what Pippa and James Matthews plan to do regarding children and I have no intention of getting into some stupid discussion about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I am assuming a young woman from a close-knit family would want children. Why wouldn't she? It's only an assumption though.

She may want 10 of them...she may want 0 ...none of us have any idea. That was my point.

LaRae

I'm betting that Pippa and James will want children, and sooner rather than later.

(Take a close look at what she is wearing).

It's just a shirt and jeans/pants....similar to what she has worn before, I wouldn't read that much into it.

LaRae

She's never been one to wear extremely tight clothing?

Frankly, I get tired of that narrative that all married women should have children and want them. She's not a broodmare and I blame the media in this. F*cking bumpwatch. :bang:

She's never been one to wear extremely tight clothing?

Frankly, I get tired of that narrative that all married women should have children and want them. She's not a broodmare and I blame the media in this. F*cking bumpwatch. :bang:

Well I suppose we just think she will want a family. It's not like she has some fantastic career. And we would think James would want a family too. No need for all to get their knickers in a knot.

Well I suppose we just think she will want a family. It's not like she has some fantastic career. And we would think James would want a family too. No need for all to get their knickers in a knot.

All that was asked is that people not make assumptions about women they don't know with regard to something as personal as whether or not they want (or can have) kids. It's not about Pippa so much- it's more that it can be incredibly intrusive and difficult when people ask questions as personal as those around kids and married women who don't have kids have to fend those off constantly.

It was a reasonable request and a good reminder about how difficult it can be.

You are ridiculous!!:bang: I never said anything about women wanting or not wanting children. We (at least I) were talking about Pippa Middleton Matthews and I was replying to the statement "assuming Pippa has children." I am assuming she does want children because many women who experienced happy childhoods want to have children of their own. Not ALL of them, certainly. I have no clue, and neither do you, what Pippa and James Matthews plan to do regarding children and I have no intention of getting into some stupid discussion about it.

I assume as a young woman from....

This was a pretty generic statement referring to women from close families. You made the assumption that all women want children if from a loving family.

Make sweeping generalized assumptions you are going yo get a debate.

No one can assume anything. A woman could come to, a close knit family if ten kids and work as a nanny and hever want kids. Assumptions based on ones family background are faulty.

Hrh and empress totally agree. Coming from a woman in her thirties with no kids, it is both intrusive and rude getting asked when you are going to have kids or why not. Some don't want. Some want and can't have. Some are trying and not yet. It is the business of the couple.

I absolutely agree we shouldn't ask someone when they are having a baby etc. that wasn't what was implied
To refer that was calling her a broodmare is ridiculous. From a simple comment someone wrote to this is a big jump.

The *Media* must really be hard up with this kind of news......girl buys birthday card.......good grief! Someone needs to write the owner of the DF for he is doing a lousy job of reporting.:bang:

Ummm.... no. The reporters and editors are not failing at doing their jobs. They specialize in drivel. Its their lifeblood and most likely those up and coming young 'uns with the urge to have ink stains on their fingers and make lots and lots of money would line up to intern at the Fail to learn the ropes on how not to stick to facts, look for the silliest drivel to write about and on how to twist words to mean something totally different. :D

I absolutely agree we shouldn't ask someone when they are having a baby etc. that wasn't what was implied
To refer that was calling her a broodmare is ridiculous. From a simple comment someone wrote to this is a big jump.
Obviously you totally misread my comment? Or only read the word broodmare and then jumped to typing?

The role of the media in this entire fascination with women and them being pregnant, giving birth and having children in general is simply bizarre, intrusive and sexist. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've read a headline on the Daily Fail where an actress with loose clothing was perhaps hiding something, or a big meal immediately means a baby bump, or she is showing off her bump because god forbid after a few months you can't exactly hide it anymore? Ask the likes of Jennifer Aniston how lovely it is to constantly be reminded of the fact that she hasn't had children and if she's still going to, even though she is nearing 50.

It's not that crazy to assume Pippa might want children. She is still young, newly married etc. However, is it that hard to listen to the posters here (that I assume are mostly women) who tell you that this ''will she, won't she?'' or the ''is she, or isn't she?'' debate/fascination needs to stop. It's nobody's business.

It is nobody's business.

It won't come as a surprise to hear a baby is on the cards at some stage. Why not? Lots of couples do, some couples don't It's a personal choice.

A friend of mine discovered she was pregnant after being married about 10 years ..... definitely not a happy surprise to say the least for either of them! Five years later as little Charlie embarked on his career as a formal student, baby number two (a girl) arrived, definitely planned!

Pippa is only in her mid thirties and has had the experience of having George and Charlotte around, so am expecting it will be yes rather than no to extending the family unit.

Then again, only my opinion. For all we know both Pippa and James could have strong opinions regarding children, either way.

It is no one's business whether Pippa has children, just as her wedding was no one's business.
She is a private citizen.

But at the same time, she is in the public eye, and you can't blame people for being interested! Maybe they shouldn't be, but as someone mentioned, such speculation is rampant whether it's a Royal, a celebrity, or a politician.

I don't see that changing.

I really like the dress too!

LaRae

I love the dress. And the dog!

Apparently, according to the article, fellow shoppers were not thrilled w/ the dog(s) licking their toes. Is it allowed to take non service dogs into shops in London? I'm personally not a fan of dogs approaching me in places like shops, if I wanted to interact with dogs then I'd go to a dog park.
Regarding speculating about Pippa's future children, my son & his gf plan to not have children and seem confident in that choice and thus aren't upset if some one asks, so I fail to see why the subject would be inappropriate in discussions about the couple. I do dislike tabloid speculation based on a woman's weight or clothing choices along the is she/isn't she pregnant vein as that seems dehumanizing in a way, but I see that as an entirely different thing than wondering whether a couple plan to have children and if yes, when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom