Kate Middleton - what does William like about her?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellefleur

Commoner
City
TO
Country
Canada
I am not writing about Kate's looks but rather about her personality - what exactly do YOU think Wills saw (or still sees!) in Kate?!?

I am guessing that she is an easy-going person who is nice, talkative (not overly so!), shares similar interests to Wills, and is basicaly different from many other upper class British girls (they are kind of self absorbed!).

What is your opinion on Kate?
And, do you think Kate & Wills are a good match?!

I wish I knew, I know nothing of her except for her appereance!

maybe it's her smile which is very sweet.and also I agree with you on Kate being an easy going person.

Im really like her because William still with her since College years in Scotland and she been watch William play polo every years and she been went with William and Harry, Prince Charles at Kloster for skiing Prince Charles accept Kate with William as "official girlfriend" but i think she very nice girls and he and Kate went skiing somewhere before both went with his dad and Prince Harry.

but i think she looks nice for William to be together!

Sara Boyce

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, she will not be for Wills, what Camilla was for Charles. But I think she is in love with Kate, as his father was for Camilla.

Truly, only time will tell.....some children learn from their parents' mistakes but others do not!!

She seems to be an extraordinarily restrained and discreet person. Aside from that, she's from the middle class, and, as we know, the middle class has different morals than the upper class (arguably better morals). Based on this, I'd doubt Kate turns out to be a Camilla.

Km

I think Ariel could be right, Kate could be what Cam was for Charles. I hope not though!

She seems to be a very down to earth, "normal" person. She doesn't seek attention and has her feet on the ground, and she and William shares the same interests. So that must be why they're together, they make a good match.

has she ever said a word to the press?
i have nerver seen a scandel about her
she seems like a sweet young women

She is intelligent, and seems kind. She convenced him to stay in college, so she must care about his well being. Even I like how she has never spoken to the press, and has kept their relationship private and special. She understands him and his role in history.

Harry's polo shirt said:
She is intelligent, and seems kind. She convenced him to stay in college, so she must care about his well being. Even I like how she has never spoken to the press, and has kept their relationship private and special. She understands him and his role in history.

I think she want's to secure her place in history.:rolleyes:

Disregarding that last comment, it seems most members are agreed that Kate appears to be made of "the right stuff". Discretion rates highly. And I guess it shows Wills has good taste and good judgement in his choice of steady girlfriend.

I've no idea what William thinks of her personally or what even attracted him to her but she seems discreet, quite sensible in some ways and when you're the Heir to the throne those are things you have to think about.

I think Kate appears to be independent, level-headed, respectful, modern, and extremely discreet - something which William will need in a relationship, and perhaps something he sees in Kate.

We don't know, but can reasonably assume she certainly is strong-minded, independent and discreet. As a future King, it's not always easy to know what people's motives are and I'm sure William cherishes her friendship and loyalty.

He's a long way from marching down the aisle with her though. A marriage is very critical for him and he knows that.

I know William is probably not going to get married in the near future but I think his relationship with Kate is good. It shows stability and commitment. I like Kate and think that she is a very capable person and has a pretty good idea what she's getting herself into. Even though the press backed off during college, she still had two years to deal with the whole "my boyfriend is a prince and i'll probably be attacked by the press." If she didn't I hope her friends supported and reminded her of that. In my opinion, the press can be brutal but if she walks into it on her own terms, than she'll do fine. Just keep being discreet and whatever happens will happen.

I think she makes him feel safe, because she seems devoted to him, and she is keeping things really really quiet!He can trust her:)

Last edited:
One of the "mistakes" everyone says Charles made was not marrying Camilla when he had the chance. He waited and waited, and she couldn't wait for him forever, so she took her chance marrying Andrew PB, and Charles was miserable and so began to sad tale. So maybe Charles is pushing William to marry this girl because he's afraid William will lose his chance to marry the love of his life. No one knows if Kate is that love, but that's what makes it more scary for people who know and love William. They want to make sure he seizes the chance to marry that love. Charles could be urging William to "marry soon, don't wait like I did, or you'll mess up like me." Maybe William hangs on to her because he thinks (or Charles thinks) if he loses her, he'll regret it forever. :confused:

Aussie Princess said:
I think she makes him feel safe, because she seems devoted to him, and she is keeping things really really quiet!He can trust her:)
chelsy keeps the "things" quiet too. I think any royal girlfriend would keep the " things qiet" if they don't want an "early divorce" from the relationship. It they speak too much, they simply will be forsed out ot the royal cirkle...my speculation only;)

segolen said:
chelsy keeps the "things" quiet too. I think any royal girlfriend would keep the " things qiet" if they don't want an "early divorce" from the relationship. It they speak too much, they simply will be forsed out ot the royal cirkle...my speculation only;)

From what I have read, Chelsy doesn't keep quiet. Her family is pretty vocal as well.

Kate's made of the right stuff...

I think she's made of the right stuff...she's handling it pretty well so far and that's like 4 yrs...a lot of time. whoa.

Shes Very Pretty and seems fun to be around

She seems to be pretty level-headed, not flighty or easily upset. Also she's athletic and active and William seems to like that. I think they make a very attractive couple.:)

I think William likes Kate because she seems to know who she is even though they are relatively young. She seems to know what she wants out of life and has dodged through the obstacles thrown at her pretty well. I know it's nothing compared to what will happen if they get engaged/married, but she's doing well in the preliminary rounds. Plus, she's not bad to look at.

I think the problem that people have with Kate is that she is not the tall, thin, blonde model type that everyone would think he would be with. She is a smart, nice attractive girl who is discreet. She is not controversial, and is not interested in attracting attention. When she is with William it isn't "look at me, look at me! They are well suited.

I think they are well suited but William is mind-numbingly boring and it seems Kate is also a naturally boring person. I mean, are people going to fall asleep in their prescence?

I think they are good for each other. Both cherish discretion and seem to enjoy the other's company.

Christo's Girl said:
I think the problem that people have with Kate is that she is not the tall, thin, blonde model type that everyone would think he would be with. She is a smart, nice attractive girl who is discreet. She is not controversial, and is not interested in attracting attention. When she is with William it isn't "look at me, look at me! They are well suited.

Couldn't say better myself. That's what I think too. I mean, is it that important to know why he likes her? What matters is that he loves her and there are good chances that one day she will become his wife.

Kate

I'm from Britain and I think most British people like and approve of her.

To me Kate appears to be confident, easy-going, a relaxed personality with a caring nature besides beeing very attractive and stylish. I think that is why Prince William likes/sees in her. To me Kate looks as if she has quite a magnetic personality where people are drawn to her, that is how I certainly view her anyway. She seems like a genuine individual.

I expect overall it is Kate's personality and above all he knows this about her - he can trust her. Since trust is a major thing when you are a future king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom