Kate Middleton - what does William like about her?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gita,

I couldn't say it any better.:)

Christo's Girl said:
I think the problem that people have with Kate is that she is not the tall, thin, blonde model type that everyone would think he would be with. She is a smart, nice attractive girl who is discreet. She is not controversial, and is not interested in attracting attention. When she is with William it isn't "look at me, look at me! They are well suited.
Yes! That is the real issue people have with Kate. Everyone assumed William would date a bunch of Di-denticals. The tabloids would much prefer that as well. I don't know if he will marry her but he's on the right track in terms of who deserves to be in his life. Kate is worthy of him and he of her and she would make a great future princess/queen.

Ariel said:
Hopefully, she will not be for Wills, what Camilla was for Charles. But I think she is in love with Kate, as his father was for Camilla.

I hope she is for William, what Camilla is to Charles.
His true love, soulmate, trusted companion and confidant.:)
Thank goodness the days of 'picking' a bride for someone have passed and thank goodness we wouldn't have any say in it.
Few of us would agree.:D

Anybody brought the latest Hello! magazine with Will and Kate on the cover and would like to share what the article is about please? :p

Would like to know who's in this 'panel of experts'?
How can there be experts on people's private relationship? :confused:
Unless they are talking about royal experts like Jennie Bond. :rolleyes:

Gita said:
I'm from Britain and I think most British people like and approve of her.

To me Kate appears to be confident, easy-going, a relaxed personality with a caring nature besides beeing very attractive and stylish. I think that is why Prince William likes/sees in her. To me Kate looks as if she has quite a magnetic personality where people are drawn to her, that is how I certainly view her anyway. She seems like a genuine individual.

I expect overall it is Kate's personality and above all he knows this about her - he can trust her. Since trust is a major thing when you are a future king.

I also think it says a lot about her, that nobody who knows her has anything bad to say about her. She it seems, inspires loyalty within her own circle of friends.

I think Kate and William were friends first and that always helps. After all, if you can't be friends, what hope is there for a long term relationship or marriage?:confused:

Kate is a strong, independant woman and William needs that because of his mother having problems when she was alive and died when he was a teenager.

My brothers went to Eton with him and Harry and told me one time when William was a child, Diana was crying in the bathroom and William pushed a letter under the door that read 'Don't cry Mummy'.

William needs a woman who can emotional take care of him, like maternally.

As I said in the other thread, we don't encourage personal revelations by people claiming to know royals or to know people who know people who know royals. We have no way of knowing if those claims are true.

While I'm sure it's very nice for you that your brother went to school with William and your friend went to school with Kate, I'm afraid those personal anecdotes fall under the heading of gossip on this site, which isn't permitted.

Elspeth

British forum moderator

I don't think the royal family will prevent Will or Harry from marrying who they wish as long as the girl wasn't an ex prostiture or something that severe. I think given the track record of various other royals in the family I think the queen will be far more lenient.

Skydragon said:
Thank goodness the days of 'picking' a bride for someone have passed and thank goodness we wouldn't have any say in it.

I totally agree with you. Either of them make each feel comfortable in their skin and not have to worry about whether they are 'sexy' enough for others. With Wills receding hairline and need for glasses, he has lost his 'little boy' looks and Kate is 'sexy' to William. And, she isn't plastic with blonde locks like so much of the media is passing as sexy bombshells to the public.

Yes I think that Kate is a nice quiet but independant young lady. I usually dont approve of rich people marrying one another (i think that it is more political than heartfelt) but they actually seem to be suited for one another.
< ed >

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that story about William pushing tissues were from that Morton book.;)

It's more natural for people of approximate means to get together and feel comfortable about having a relationship than for two people from vastly different financial background. For one thing, one party will always be labeled as gold-diggers. Kate's family seems to have sufficient means to support her up to now. My guess is she probably doesn't feel inferior to other rich offsprings when she goes on holidays with them.

Skydragon said:

I just hope they don't take as long to figure it out. That will save them both a lot of heartache, and give them much happiness

LadyK said:
I just hope they don't take as long to figure it out. That will save them both a lot of heartache, and give them much happiness

It's interesting because he could have picked the superficial 'model' type that many men need to have at their side to compliment them. The one with flowing hair etc. She isn't what I ever imagined he would have (may) ended up with at the end. I always thought he would end up with a 'glamorous type'. However, Kate is beautiful in her own way and seems to keep the prince happy and content.:)

I guess he likes that she seems to have his modern Sloaney style, share his easygoing, laidback personality, but also have a serious side, wants to be a 'good' person. I think he was attracted at first to Anna Sloan and Jessica Craig, but in the end, those women paled next to Catherine because they just failed to have that 'sticking' power that Catherine has with him. Whatever it is, maybe it's loyalty, or commitment, or both. I like how William and Catherine have tested the relationship by having periods of dating others. That they have always found their way back to each other shows that they have a meant-to-be, solid sort of bond. I'm guessing that William has met loads of flighty women who just offer him a wild night but then they go off squealing about their experience to a tabloid or just spread the word among friends, and the rumors fly from there. Catherine has been a model of discretion, as they say, and I think he highly values that, just like his father valued so much in both women of his life, Camilla and Diana. Well, of course, even Diana eventually spilled the beans to Andrew Morton, but that's another bag of chips entirely, isn't it?!;)

That sounds entirely right on point CasiraghiTrio!
I do believe Catherine has staying power because William feels most comfortable and happiest with her, otherwise he wouldn't bother. Whatever he sees in her, maybe it's just right for him. :)

Arobers1 said:
Yes I think that Kate is a nice quiet but independant young lady. I usually dont approve of rich people marrying one another (i think that it is more political than heartfelt) but they actually seem to be suited for one another.

There's really not anything wrong with a rich person marrying a poor person as long as they are in love with each other and are compatible, but I find there isn't anything wrong with two rich people marrying. But, I do agree with you when old money marries with another who has old money. And, all of this is inherited unearned money usually leads a hedonistic life, which is what is happening right now with both of the boys escaping to other parts of the world vacationing whenever time permits. Pure gratification. I don't recall hearing Bill Gates taking alot of vacations.

I think that perhaps the army and their charities are a front to a lifestyle that is beyond yours (whoever reads this that is royal) and mine that we could never imagine.

What circumstances do you feel that two rich people should marry?

Last edited:
he probably just finds taht something special which makes his heart beat faster...and by time he still finds himself comfortable. i think, and hope, taht they are a normal couple with 'simple' feelings...though aware of his, and her potential, responsabilities. i think that he has lived his mother's pain, and his own pain when his parents marriage came to an end, so i think that he is fully cautious and will only get married at the right time, and when they will both be sure that hopefully their marriage will last forever and ever.

HRH Kimetha said:
What circumstances do you feel that two rich people show marry?

I don't know. I have wondered how Catherine will adjust to the "duty" part of the deal. In the years of her being the "girlfriend," as she has become more acquainted with the 'Highgrove set,' I think she has mastered the 'jet set' or hedonistic aspect. Of course, in all fairness to her, that is the easy part, and certainly no one would blame her for loving it. :lol: But it might be a rude awakening when she is going on State tours and she can only put her head down for a few hours before going to an Embassy breakfast, followed by a meeting with the Prime Minister So-and-so, and a walkabout or whatever, then a speech/luncheon event, a ribbon-cutting, and finally a banquet for the host royals or head of state, all the while during which Catherine still has terrible jet lag...But she won't get much sleep after the banquet, since she has to dance with numerous dignitaries and stays there until 2am, and the next day she and William have to travel to a neighboring town or village...
In short, the royals have lovely vacations, but some of their engagements are downright annoying, or exhausting, or stupid. It's actually a credit to many of them that they are Amphetamines addicts.
But I think the Windsors are among the less hedonistic of all the royal families. They can be hedonistic, to be sure, as most wealthy families can and do, but when you compare them to the European royal families, like the Liechtensteins or the Grimaldis, the Windsors are actually fairly disciplined.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
... They can be hedonistic, to be sure, as most wealthy families can and do, but when you compare them to the European royal families, like the Liechtensteins or the Grimaldis, the Windsors are actually fairly disciplined.

Thanks for your response. Especially the Grimaldis! And, the British anti-monarchists Parliament, anti-monarchists taxpayers, etc. do keep the BRF in check for everything and don't like to even pay them for their duties and would just love to do away with the monarchy, but probably steal their property and money as well. So, they are checked.:)

I do not think that the two are a good match. I find Autumn Kelly (now Mrs. Phillips) way more charming and appealing than Catherine Middleton. Even Chelsy has a character while Ms. Middleton is always (supposedly) doing the right thing.

Isn't it too early to be doing everything right?

Of course, I wish both of them a stable relationship as it is only the two of them who know why they are together.

I notice some people have said they are surprised that William is not marrying someone like Diana. Kate may not be blond and she seems more emotionally stable than Diana, but I still see quite a few similarities between Kate and Diana. Actually, I've assumed for a while that William likes Kate at least partially because she's like his mom. We all think of Diana as this media star, but before she was married and in the early days of her marriage, she was publicly quite shy. From the limited video footage I've seen of Kate, she has similar shy, reserved mannerisms.

Diana was very concerned with her image and her appearance, and Kate is too. How I do I know this? I've almost never seen Kate in casual clothes or looking slightly unkempt. Other royals, for example the Queen, Camilla, or Zara Phillips--I've seen them dress perfectly on official royal occasions and also dress down when occasion required, plus they show a lot more flexibility in wearing colours. Sure, I've seen Kate dress informally, but even pictures of Kate shopping show her dressed up and usually in black. Usually when people wear a lot of expensive clothes in black, it suggests they're quite careful about their image.

The other thing is that Diana, it seems, never wanted a career--was quite eager to get married and have children. I don't believe Kate is "doing nothing", but she is not someone who is passionate about pursuing a career, or by age 26 she would at least show a stronger direction towards some career than she's chosen now. Zara Phillips is passionate about riding horses, Chelsy is working towards a law career, Princess Beatrice obviously loves fashion (whether or not you think she should pursue a career in that area!). Kate has dabbled in clothing retail and photography but I haven't seen any clear passion. So it seems possible to me that she mainly wants to get married and raise children. There's nothing wrong with that. But it does make me see similarities to Diana, again.

I notice some people have said they are surprised that William is not marrying someone like Diana. Kate may not be blond and she seems more emotionally stable than Diana, but I still see quite a few similarities between Kate and Diana. Actually, I've assumed for a while that William likes Kate at least partially because she's like his mom. We all think of Diana as this media star, but before she was married and in the early days of her marriage, she was publicly quite shy. From the limited video footage I've seen of Kate, she has similar shy, reserved mannerisms.

Diana was very concerned with her image and her appearance, and Kate is too. How I do I know this? I've almost never seen Kate in casual clothes or looking slightly unkempt. Other royals, for example the Queen, Camilla, or Zara Phillips--I've seen them dress perfectly on official royal occasions and also dress down when occasion required, plus they show a lot more flexibility in wearing colours. Sure, I've seen Kate dress informally, but even pictures of Kate shopping show her dressed up and usually in black. Usually when people wear a lot of expensive clothes in black, it suggests they're quite careful about their image.

The other thing is that Diana, it seems, never wanted a career--was quite eager to get married and have children. I don't believe Kate is "doing nothing", but she is not someone who is passionate about pursuing a career, or by age 26 she would at least show a stronger direction towards some career than she's chosen now. Zara Phillips is passionate about riding horses, Chelsy is working towards a law career, Princess Beatrice obviously loves fashion (whether or not you think she should pursue a career in that area!). Kate has dabbled in clothing retail and photography but I haven't seen any clear passion. So it seems possible to me that she mainly wants to get married and raise children. There's nothing wrong with that. But it does make me see similarities to Diana, again.

Interesting view. Thanks for sharing! :flowers:

...... I've almost never seen Kate in casual clothes or looking slightly unkempt. Other royals, for example the Queen, Camilla, or Zara Phillips--I've seen them dress perfectly on official royal occasions and also dress down when occasion required, plus they show a lot more flexibility in wearing colours. Sure, I've seen Kate dress informally, but even pictures of Kate shopping show her dressed up and usually in black. Usually when people wear a lot of expensive clothes in black, it suggests they're quite careful about their image.......
It depends what you call casual clothes, I think. Even as a youngster I rarely wore 'colours', always black with a subtle top and my daughters are the same when going out. When in the English countryside, it tends to be Greens or Browns, Green wellies, brogues etc. Scotland depends on the occasion (Tartan for formal 'inhouse'), the only exceptions really are joddies. Catherine might just like black or drak colours. :flowers::D

Yes, but when you stick to black and your style has not evolved in 3-4 years then you might be just

avoiding any chance to express your real self, your personality,

avoiding any confrontations

fitting in a model role for something at the age of 26 you might be too young for

just a couple of ideas for you to ponder over

Yes, but when you stick to black and your style has not evolved in 3-4 years then you might be just avoiding any chance to express your real self, your personality, avoiding any confrontations fitting in a model role for something at the age of 26 you might be too young for
just a couple of ideas for you to ponder over
Or it could mean that she has the confidence not to pander to the need of others to be seen to express a false image of herself. Why must someones style evolve, if you find a look you are comfortable with, that is great, IMO.

We all develop and our styles evolve with the changes we experience in our personal and social life.

An evolving style is also called FASHION. Fashion changes rapidly.

Or it could mean that she has the confidence not to pander to the need of others to be seen to express a false image of herself. Why must someones style evolve, if you find a look you are comfortable with, that is great, IMO.

An evolving style is also called FASHION.
Not everyone feels the need to pander to the fashion industry, (I remember Beehives, Mullets and Puffballs) :eek:. Some people find a style that they like, that they are confident with and don't feel they need to prove anything by 'evolving' and wearing what others might like. That is probably why classics sell so well.

From what I have read, Chelsy doesn't keep quiet. Her family is pretty vocal as well.

I have heard this too. I believe that she and her family are very ambitious and have said things they shouldn´t have. When he broke up with her they started to have more constraint and suddenly she started copying the royal ladies´way of dress and unfortunately I think it has made her look about 10 years older.
I am sorry but I misunderstood, I have heard that Kate Middleton´s family have not been as quiet as you would think by reading the previous posts. She also gave up her job so that she could keep close to William. When they broke up she seemed very vocal about whose fault she thought it was.
They are back together now but I don´t think she is suited to be William´s wife, but time will tell. If she doesn´t marry him I am sorry for her as she is investing a lot of time and effort into this romance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom