HRH Lupo

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TortillaChips

Nobility
City
Leicestershire
Country
United Kingdom
I know this will no doubt be moved but the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced that Lupo died last weekend

I am sure the family are very sad.

9 years is still relatively young for a dog.
Very sad for everyone, especially the children.

I am very sorry to hear that Lupo has died. The Cambridges must be saddened, he was such an integral part of the family. Hopefully in time they will bring a new dog into the family. If I recall Lupo's mother was a dog owned by the Middletons. And, of course, without question, Lupo was an HRH.

I am very sorry to hear that Lupo has died. The Cambridges must be saddened, he was such an integral part of the family. Hopefully in time they will bring a new dog into the family. If I recall Lupo's mother was a dog owned by the Middletons. And, of course, without question, Lupo was an HRH.

Yes, it was reported when they got Lupo he was a gift from the Middletons.

It was believed at the time Ella was Carole and Mike's but she is James' dog. Ella was the first of James' pack of spaniels, and is the mother of several of them including Lupo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH5qKXGApMs/

Pippa also has a black cocker spaniel Rafe but he isn't a son of Ella.

It is always sad to lose a beloved pet. The family must be very sad, especially the children.

Very sad news indeed.

Rest behind the Rainbow Bridge, Lupo...??

Aww poor puppers. :sad:

I hope he was able to go peacefully. May he have all the treats in dog heaven. :twohearts:

RIP Lupo. I'm sure the Cambridges are devastated right now, as a pet owner I know how sad it is to lose one. They really do become part of the family just as much as children do.

Very sorry for the Cambridge family now that their beloved Lupo has crossed over Rainbow Bridge.:sad:

Very sad news especially for the children....A dog is really a big part of a family.

Nooo....he wasn't that old...what happened??!

He was an adorable dog. I am very sad to read this news.:sad:

Losing a pet is very difficult for a family, especially for the children. Lupo was an adorable dog and a brilliant companion to the Cambridges. May he beautifully rest in dog heaven.

The important thing for the Cambridge children to remember are all the wonderful and happy times that they enjoyed with Lupo.

It must have been a hard time for the entire family losing Lupo. That faithful dog and companion was an everyday part of the Cambridge household and he was there before any of the children even were.

He will be sorely missed, I'm sure, as losing a family pet can feel like losing a family member but I can be pretty assured that William and Kate knew exactly how to handle it with the kids and they embraced the loss as a family.

A dog can absolutely be as devastating as losing a human member of your family, especially if they're older than you. Very sad, especially at such a young age.

oh very sad, lupo saw the cambridges growing up as a married couple and family. i'm sure he will hold a special place for them.
hopefully they will get a new pet once they've grieved the loss.

My favorite photo of George and Lupo is the one where they're framed in a window gazing lovingly at one another. I attempted to link the photo, but obviously I don't know what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Maybe when they are ready, James will have another litter of puppies as well. Lupo's sister Luna seems to be James' breeder now. Or at least she had his last litter earlier this year.

Last edited:
:previous: I didn't know that Lupo and Ella were siblings.

ETA: Alouette ... I love that photo as well!

Last edited:
:previous: I didn't know that Lupo and Ella were siblings.

ETA: Alouette ... I love that photo as well!

They aren't. Ella is Lupo's mother. And Ella didn't have a litter this year. Her other son, Zulu, fathered a litter this year. And her daughter Luna also had a litter this year.

When a beloved pet dies, it leaves an immense hole in the heart of all those that will sorely miss Lupo. He'll never be forgotten. But, along comes another waggly tail with puppy dog eyes full of love and the heart makes room once again.

They aren't. Ella is Lupo's mother. And Ella didn't have a litter this year. Her other son, Zulu, fathered a litter this year. And her daughter Luna also had a litter this year.

Is Luna from the same litter as Lupo? 9 seems like an old age to have puppies.
I'd be shocked if Ella has not been spayed, she ought to be 10 by now- also a pretty old age to have puppies, breeders usually don't breed after a certain age.

Back
Top Bottom