How should Prince William spend the next few years?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread isn't supposed to be about Kate...

I know the "Kate should get a job! Shouldn't! Should! Shouldn't! Should!" argument seems to be endlessly fascinating, but this is a thread about Prince William.

:previous: Prince Who??? Personally I think Catherine's boyfriend should get a real job! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I laugh to read TRF anymore. All these debates about William's job, Kate's job, Kate's "obligations," it all just goes round and round like a merry go round, and no one says anything that others have said a million times before. It's really all just exhausted recycled arguments time and time again, just using a few "new" phrases and words here and there. :rolleyes:

I've noticed that as well, even though I take part in the discussions. :lol:

I laugh to read TRF anymore. All these debates about William's job, Kate's job, Kate's "obligations," it all just goes round and round like a merry go round, and no one says anything that others have said a million times before. It's really all just exhausted recycled arguments time and time again, just using a few "new" phrases and words here and there. :rolleyes:

I've noticed that as well, even though I take part in the discussions. :lol:
Ahh, but by going round and around, we may one day find the ideal solution, now what was the question! :ROFLMAO:

:previous: Prince Who??? Personally I think Catherine's boyfriend should get a real job! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Now you have really made me laugh and I have once again spluttered coffee on my keyboard..... Note to myself, do NOT drink coffee while reading this forum. :flowers:

William

Did Prince William ever want to go into the military?
Yes, explain.
No, explain.
unknown

When he started in the Army did have any choice in how long he stayed in like person would?
Yes, explain.
No, explain.
unknown

Does anyone think he is a lazy dabbler or not?
Yes, explain.
No, explain.
unknown

How long does everyone think he wanted to spend in the military?

I think his length of service and set up of his serivce was thought up by CH and was worked out while he was in university. Even if he had wanted to he could not really control what he was going to do. I do not think he is lazy or a dabbler by his own choice.

Did Prince William ever want to go into the military?
Yes, explain.
No, explain.
unknown

Yes because it gives him more time until he has to undertake full time royal duties.

I would like to say yes because he wants to understand what it is like for the troops over which he will probably one day be Commander-in-Chief - but I simply don't think so. I don't have any evidence other than his body language when in public which always seems to me to be "I don't want to do this for the rest of my life".

When he started in the Army did have any choice in how long he stayed in like person would?
Yes, explain.
No, explain.
unknown

No I don't think he had a choice other wise it would be for a lot longer to avoid full time duties in my opinion.

Once he convinced his father and grandparents that he wanted to join the army then they, I suspect, put a time limit on it to get him into full time duties.

Does anyone think he is a lazy dabbler or not?
Yes, explain.
No, explain.
unknown

I don't think he is a 'lazy' dabbler but he is certainly a 'dabbler'. What I mean is that he really does want to do the stuff but is being moved too often from one branch to another.

How long does everyone think he wanted to spend in the military?

As long as possible to aviod full time royal duties but granny and papa have outwitted him by moving him around and only allowing him the smallest service time.

All mapped out for him, no choice whatsoever. He is doing what any young heir to the British throne does. The Duke of Windsor was the only rebel as far as I can remember from my history books. Was there anyone else?
I would never think of him as lazy, he is just trying to get too much experience into too short a time IMHO.

I remember intersession courses in university. They were summer courses that covered a whole term's worth of material but in just six weeks. I don't think that we can assume that William's experience is lacking because he's taking shorter courses. He could be training quite intensively and would have to be highly intelligent to absorb it all.

Yes because it gives him more time until he has to undertake full time royal duties.
But does the UK need another Royal like Andrew or Edward, at this time? Neither of whom are taken seriously in this country from what I see in the news and of course IMO.

Wouldn't he and the rest of the younger royals be better off employed in real jobs, convincing people that they are not just spongers. Even Catherine is working for her family, while Harry holidays under the guise of 'adventure training' and William flits about living a schoolboys adventure life, never in any actual danger but the uniforms look pretty.

Kate as a private citizen can go on holidays and it is of no interest to anyone. The wife of the future King of England does interest the public, and she has been pushed under our noses as this by the media, I really don´t know her well enough to be able to comment on how she lived either before or after William in fact I don´t know the young lady at all, I only see pictures of her always on holiday at weddings, at parties. She may do something else how could I know, but I still believe that if her ambition is to marry the future King of England it is about time she showed another side to her character. Her life at the moment waiting around, not working so that she can be free to do whatever William is doing, could be interpreted as short sightedness as we are always being told that the life of a senior royal is centred on duty.

Quite unfair and baseless comments, IMO!

Firstly, as has been previously said, Kate is a private citizen, and is not really answerable to anybody in the public domain as to how she chooses to spend her time. She is not the "wife of the future King of England" so I am afraid the public really has no right to know what she does with her time.

Secondly, we still do not ereally know how she spends her time. Press comments suggest she is working for her parents - whats wrong with that? How can anybody find that objectionable? Surely working for your parents is still working.

Thirdly, "I still believe that if her ambition is to marry the future King of England it is about time she showed another side to her character" As she is not a public person, she has no duty to address the media. One of the enbdearing qualities about her (and demonstarting in some ways how she may have learned from the experience of Diana) is that she does not engage with the media in any way. If for once she started to directly interact with the media to as you put it "showed another side to her character", the gloves would be off and she would be answerable for the rest of her life. Sensible girl, is all I would say!

Fourthly, "Her life at the moment waiting around, not working" - I am not sure we have the information to comment on that. It may well be that you are privy to more than is in the public domain, and in which case, your comments may well have some basis. However, if you are basing your comments on information already in the public domain, then I cannot agree with you and feel thatthe comments are unjustified.

"I only see pictures of her always on holiday at weddings, at parties" - I guess that is the only time the paps can get photographs of her.

[quote Muriel)
Firstly, as has been previously said, Kate is a private citizen, and is not really answerable to anybody in the public domain as to how she chooses to spend her time. She is not the "wife of the future King of England" so I am afraid the public really has no right to know what she does with her time.
And I, personally, hope that this is the way she stays. I hope she meets someone soon, and falls in love and lives happily ever after but NOT as the future Queen of England. I really don´t want the right to know what she does with her time, it really doesn´t interest me, but it seems to be pushed under our noses all the time as if she really is the person you tell me she is not.

[quote Muriel)
And I, personally, hope that this is the way she stays. I hope she meets someone soon, and falls in love and lives happily ever after but NOT as the future Queen of England. I really don´t want the right to know what she does with her time, it really doesn´t interest me, but it seems to be pushed under our noses all the time as if she really is the person you tell me she is not.

Surely as a reader one has the choice to either read an article or not! I for instance rarely read anything that involves the Yorks - they dont necessarily interest me personally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom