General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine first was a day student at an all-girls boarding school and was (allegedly) bullied. She was only there a short time and then became a boarder at a coeducational boarding school, where her peers have said she was happy and well-liked. By all known accounts, William loved Eton and was happy at Ludgrove.

The Cambridges strike me as the type of parents who like to research and map out schooling options years in advance. I would be surprised if they boarded George as young as 8, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are looking at options for when he is a preteen.

It would be odd to me if they were seriously considering a third home, even as a rental. But I guess time will tell.

They might; especially when the kids are older. But why can't that 'settled place' be home? It's not that they don't have nannies etc who can stay with them when William and Catherine might be gone.

I think home can be their "settled place" with Nanny Maria but weekly boarding or Flexi boarding is also an opportunity to be just one of the crowd where you all have to do chores and prep and get up and go to bed at the same time etc. There's nothing "special" about you after a while. That's more difficult if you're going home to a palace every night. And you do get to know your friends in a very different way than if you're a day pupil.

The young Wessexes both attend schools that have boarding options so it's possible they've done flexi boarding at times.

Last edited:

This is all lovely. The card honoring Philip, Charles, Michael and William is wonderful. Have we seen that photo of William and the kids before? It’s super cute.

What a fun event for William, George and Charlotte to participate in. Love all the pics.

Love that father's day card of the Cambridges ❤️

William and Kate were to attend a service of thanksgiving at St Paul's today, to thank the NHS, and were then to host a Big Tea at Buckingham Palace for them. Now William will have to do it alone. Not sure why he wouldn't have to self-isolate too?

Wishing the Duchess of Cambridge well.

William and Kate were to attend a service of thanksgiving at St Paul's today, to thank the NHS, and were then to host a Big Tea at Buckingham Palace for them. Now William will have to do it alone. Not sure why he wouldn't have to self-isolate too?
Perhaps he's been tested and is OK....

Maybe she's been told right away and she hadn't had any interaction with William between the time she had contact with the Covid-person and got the notification.

Last week? Friday? Wimbledon?
No wonder she hadn't made any other appearances there.

It doesn't have to have been a public event, she could have met someone for coffee or something like that.

It's a shame that she had to miss out on the big NHS events today though and I hope she continues to be okay.

I suspect the requirement is to self-isolate if in contact with someone who is confirmed to have COVID. She hasn't been diagnosed and so people in contact with her would not have to quarantine unless she is later found to have it.

They are claiming she is fully vaccinated but how is that possible? She only just got her first dose 5 weeks ago, unless that wasn’t her first dose. And if, so why mislead?

William doesn't have to isolate as Catherine has only been in close contact with someone who has since tested positive, she is not the individual who has Covid-19.

If Catherine were to develop symptoms, then William and anyone who had been in close contact with her would have to isolate.

However what isn't being confirmed is how Catherine was told to isolate. If it wasn't via a phone call or text message specifically from NHS Test, Track and Trace and was from the NHS Covid-19 App she does not have to isolate at all.

They are claiming she is fully vaccinated but how is that possible? She only just got her first dose 5 weeks ago, unless that wasn’t her first dose. And if, so why mislead?

Presuming Catherine received the Pfizer vaccine, she can have a second jab anytime after Week 2. The government recommends Jab 2 be given after 12 weeks, but walk in vaccination centres, certain GP sites and mass vaccination clinics are giving a second jab after Week 2. Receiving your 2nd Pfizer after Week 2 is recommended by Pfizer-Bio Tech, the government has chosen to stretch that time to 12 weeks during the initial vaccination rollout to ensure more people had protection from a first jab.

Now we have enough Pfizer jabs, the time between is being reduced.

Source: My husband was jabbed on 11th June and will receive his 2nd jab on Friday 12th July (four weeks).

It's possible in certain circumstances. For a while, it looked like my life circumstances would not align with waiting for my second shot and I was offered the chance to take it earlier. AstraZeneca.

I had it in time, BTW. But I was offered.

This said, it wasn't done for the laughs. I would have rather waited the usual time (which I did, eventually). I can't imagine what might be this important for Catherine to have it before the usual period.

They made quite a big deal about her waiting her turn and doing all the recommended timetables. Why rush it now? It all seems odd. But I am sure they will explain it because no doubt people are going to question it.

It's only the person who's come into contact with the infected person who has to self-isolate, unless they display any symptoms. Kate hasn't got any symptoms, so no-one else in her household has to self-isolate.

The whole system's very frustrating.

They made quite a big deal about her waiting her turn and doing all the recommended timetables. Why rush it now? It all seems odd. But I am sure they will explain it because no doubt people are going to question it.

Why rush what?

There's no queue jumping if the ability to get your second (Pfizer) vaccine is available to anyone, which it is.

The Daily Mail article, has no comments as far as I bothered to scroll, enquiring about her being double jabbed. Some parts of Twitter are actually using the Catherine isolation as a reason to promote their belief that self isolation isn't necessary when an individual has been double jabbed and tested regularly.

The "normal" side of twitter is wishing Catherine well and complaining about tabloids calling her Kate Middleton.

The "darker" side of Twitter aren't caring about her vaccination status, they are continuing their "Lazy Kate" theme in that this is the fourth engagement she's "missed" in a matter of weeks and that clearly means William is divorcing her this week. :whistling::lol:

If she's fully vaccinated, why does she have to isolate at all? Is everyone who was near a covid case required to isolate even if they're fully vaccinated in the UK?

I am not sure about Daily Mail and twitter. I don't really care but even if she did get her second dose 2 weeks later she still isn't fully vaccinated. It has only been 5 weeks. She would be at 6 weeks.

If she's fully vaccinated, why does she have to isolate at all? Is everyone who was near a covid case required to isolate even if they're fully vaccinated in the UK?

Everyone who is contacted via text message or phone call from NHS Track and Trace must isolate from the day the individual tested positive. Vaccinated or not.

I am not sure about Daily Mail and twitter. I don't really care but even if she did get her second dose 2 weeks later she still isn't fully vaccinated. It has only been 5 weeks. She would be at 6 weeks.

I was responding to your "But I am sure they will explain it because no doubt people are going to question it." The only "people" who would question are the trolls on twitter or the DM commentators, hence my mentioning them both in my response.

Catherine received her first dose on 29th May, if at minimum she received her second dose at 3 weeks that would have been 19th June. The Pfizer-Biotech vaccine is 95% effective 1 week from the 2nd dose. Which means on 26th June, Catherine would have been "fully vaccinated".

Yes. It's extremely frustrating - I understand that the idea is to reduce the spread of cases, but it really is causing problems. All the trains on one particular line were cancelled on Saturday, as some staff had tested positive and their colleagues had to self-isolate as they'd been in contact with them.

However, these are the rules at the moment, and so Kate has to follow them. It's utterly ridiculous that people are calling her "lazy" - I'm quite sure that she doesn't want to be stuck at home for 10 days!

Everyone who is contacted via text message or phone call from NHS Track and Trace must isolate from the day the individual tested positive. Vaccinated or not.

I was responding to your "But I am sure they will explain it because no doubt people are going to question it." The only "people" who would question are the trolls on twitter or the DM commentators, hence my mentioning them both in my response.

Catherine received her first dose on 29th May, if at minimum she received her second dose at 3 weeks that would have been 19th June. The Pfizer-Biotech vaccine is 95% effective 1 week from the 2nd dose. Which means on 26th June, Catherine would have been "fully vaccinated".

Thank you Lumutqueen for taking the time to explain the current UK policy on receiving a second vaccine and regarding isolation for fully vaccinated people.

Hoping that the individual who did test positive and those who came in contact with him/her will be healthy.

es. It's extremely frustrating - I understand that the idea is to reduce the spread of cases, but it really is causing problems. All the trains on one particular line were cancelled on Saturday, as some staff had tested positive and their colleagues had to self-isolate as they'd been in contact with them.

AllisonH-Wow that is a huge impact upon so many who depend upon the trains for transportation.

Because even if you can't get ill (or just with mild symptomes) you can carry it and transmit it to others.

It isn't about being "near a covid case" it's about being a "close contact." Our public health unit (small city in Canada) defines close contact as "interacting with someone who has been identified as a + COVID-19 case either 48 hours before the person began having symptoms or 48 hours before the test day for someone who did not have symptoms. Generally, close contact means being less than 2 metres away in the same room, workspace or area for 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour time period with a confirmed case. Due to the increased risk with Variants of Concern, the threshold for identifying close contact sin lower. For example, if you were wearing a mask but did not maintain 2 metres distance from a positive COVID-19 case, you will be considered a close contact." At present, vaccination status does not change the definition of close contact.

Yes. It's extremely frustrating - I understand that the idea is to reduce the spread of cases, but it really is causing problems. All the trains on one particular line were cancelled on Saturday, as some staff had tested positive and their colleagues had to self-isolate as they'd been in contact with them.

However, these are the rules at the moment, and so Kate has to follow them. It's utterly ridiculous that people are calling her "lazy" - I'm quite sure that she doesn't want to be stuck at home for 10 days!

That does sound very frustrating. And inconvenient.

I’m sure Kate doesn’t want to be stuck at home either. Hopefully, she’s finding something fun to do- binge watching tv or something.

Thanks to all who replied! I was surprised because in the US, the official guidance is to not require vaccinated people to quarantine/isolate when potentially exposed. They made that change months ago, when the vaccines first became widely available to everyone. For all the other issues the US is having with covid, that one doesn't seem to have caused any large-scale problems.

Hopefully Kate will be able to enjoy her unscheduled vacation. Those criticizing her for it would undoubtedly be complaining even more if the she broke the rules to continue with her duties. And though the rules might be overkill, the royals need to be seen to be upholding them.

I'm willing to bet my last rasher of bacon that staying home in self isolation isn't on Catherine's list of the top 10 things she planned to do with her time. As SLV said, even fully vaccinated people can still get Covid-19 (especially the Delta variant) but the symptoms aren't as severe. Fully vaccinated people still can transmit the virus to others.

Catherine is being responsible. Be like Catherine. ?

Catherine has no choice if Catherine doesn't want to get castigated and cause a scandal like other public servants.

Still, be like Catherine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom