General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With everything that is on their shoulders, I wish them nothing but happiness and strength to master every challenge together. They seem to be a super team and I am happy for William that he found such a rock like Kate in his life.

How wonderful!
Congratulations to the couple.

I think their communications team has been doing a great job on their social media, especially since the pandemic started.

Nice video. Always nice to get a glimpse into their family life, especially outdoors that they seem to enjoy.
Reminded me of the documentary for Crown Prince Frederik's 50th birthday and the family life at Trend.

:flowers:

A wonderful video of this little family and I so pleased that they chose to share it.

The photos were absolutely amazing - 10 years later William and Catherine looking rock solid and completely in love. Photos like these only prove that they did right thing by them, and all the comments about how long it took them are silly - they needed the time, they took the time, and now we can look at them, a happy, solid marriage as a foundation of BRF's future.

The short "thank you clip" shows them completely in their element, outdoor, with kids, smiling and playing and talking. It's a joyous occasion for sure and now to finish this day even better, I'm going to watch their wedding one more time.

It's astonishing, but they have known each other for almost twenty years now. Twenty years of friendship and trust and love. And it shows - they know they are right for each other, they know they can handle this, they know they can depend on each other. A beautiful thing.

Ooooh.. severe case of the warm fuzzies here. Even Lupo is in the video. This is a strong family unit that makes me think back to another family of four that were "we four". The Cambridges are definitely "we five". Amid all the glaring lights and the constant focus on this couple, they manage to stay down to earth and put family first and relish the times they have together no matter what they're doing.

Lupo...������

Yes, I’ve always thought they remind me of “we four” (every time I think of Bertie and his little family, I melt..)

Well said - they are a solid, loving unit, and that will stand them in good stead in the coming years. I’m so glad the siblings have each other. They are such happy kids..

Oh, and I did not know that the beach in this video is the same one as in the video of Charles and Anne playing that I posted in Charles’ thread....wow, that makes me so emotional

*George always gets me, in particular .ll

Last edited:
:flowers:What a personal, lovely video! That was so thoughtful and kind of them to share some normal, everyday family moments!

I just love that family, it took them a while but they have now got it right, Catherine looks great

What a beautiful video! It's an amazing celebration of the last ten years--not just for them as a couple, but also for the three little lives they've brought into the world. The BRF is in good hands.

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

How wonderful!

I think their communications team has been doing a great job on their social media, especially since the pandemic started.

Totally agree. Their communications team has been amazing.

Great Video and very nice of them to share! What a lovely family.

How wonderful!

They are doing a great job both in highlighting the work the couple does and in fostering a sense of connection to the Cambridge family. Their best qualities are showcased, without trying to make them seem super human.

I’ve also appreciated that, whenever appropriate, humour and laughter are emphasized. The pandemic has been hard for everyone and, for me, seeing simple things like Kate laughing at William’s golf swing has been refreshing.

I thought the video was sweet. To me, George is a real mix of the Middletons, the Spencers and the Windsors. Charlotte looks like William now, (I think if she had her father’s colouring the resemblance would be much more obvious), while Louis is all Middleton. They’re all cute kids.

This couple has been exemplary from the start ! And her family too, an exemple of good behaviour !

Nothing about the Cambridges’ 10th anniversary?

The last two pages have been discussing the two images William and Catherine released to celebrate their anniversary and then the video they also released to say thank you for the warm wishes they have received.

May I ask what were you expecting?

The family video is very sweet and a lovely, unexpected gesture on their part. Happy times when children are that age! Wonderful to see them enjoy family life so much!

They are doing a great job both in highlighting the work the couple does and in fostering a sense of connection to the Cambridge family. Their best qualities are showcased, without trying to make them seem super human.

I’ve also appreciated that, whenever appropriate, humour and laughter are emphasized. The pandemic has been hard for everyone and, for me, seeing simple things like Kate laughing at William’s golf swing has been refreshing.

I thought the video was sweet. To me, George is a real mix of the Middletons, the Spencers and the Windsors. Charlotte looks like William now, (I think if she had her father’s colouring the resemblance would be much more obvious), while Louis is all Middleton. They’re all cute kids.

I couldn't agree more. I really enjoy seeing the Cambridges out and about in nature - just like I love seeing Charles and Camilla out and about. There's something endearing about seeing Royals (especially with the kids) being so down to earth and relaxed...

Louis' hair is lightening up, making him look more like George all the time.......

What a great video of the Cambridges enjoying outdoor activities! :flowers:

I was not expecting a video as a thank you, so it was a very pleasant surprised! ;)

Thanks for the link.
A very nice way to thank the wellwishers.
I see a very happy couple, how good to know they are satisfied with each other!
Nice to see how natural and spontaneously their children act,
I admire how normal William and Kate raise them.

No worries. Tastes differ. The scenes are lovely. For me, it just looks too produced and Hollywoodized- as though it was a commercial or the trailer from a movie.

I respect your opinion of course.
But why judge because somebody knows how to do things a proper way?
Kate is known for loving to photograph and the RF has been taping their private life for generations, just think of HM.
I would not know how to cut a film or anything due to my rather poor experience with it.

Have a nice day Alisa:flowers:

The Telegraph (behind paywall), by Ben Fogle (an English broadcaster, writer and adventurer, ambassador for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and Tusk):

My day as a guest at William and Kate's 'wedding of the decade'

(...)
The service was beautiful. We were close to the front. The only sign that we had been joined by 160 million others watching on their televisions was the distant roar of the crowd when the couple kissed. That gave me goosebumps. It was a reminder that this was no ordinary wedding.

We were transported to the reception at Buckingham Palace on coaches. It felt like being on a school trip, except that our phones were sealed into security bags and checked into a cloakroom. Yet it was surprisingly relaxed. I had a chat with Princess Anne about our trip to the island of St Helena and to then Prime Minister David Cameron about our favourite coffee shop in North Kensington (Adrianas). Over English sparkling wine, I spoke to the Middletons, and to Prince Charles about our shared passion for hedge laying.

There were jokes about receding hairlines in the speeches and Elton played the piano while we ate South Uist salmon.

It was at this point that Marina had a wobble and collapsed, feeling faint, onto a golden chair in a room full of Royals. It was surreal – and quite amusing. I held her hand as we walked downstairs to the garden for the most memorable part of the reception.

Prince Charles’s classic Aston Martin was waiting, complete with tin cans. Quite suddenly, Marina and I found ourselves surrounded by senior members of the Royal family (I was next to the Queen) as Catherine threw her bouquet. We chucked flower petals and rice as they drove away and I remember worrying that it might scratch the paintwork.

(...)

Several weeks after their wedding, we received a handwritten parcel containing a tin of cake from Prince Charles; the cake that is now in our safe.

Doesn’t time fly? It seems incredible that a decade has passed since the big day and since Iona, who had the good grace not to appear at the wedding itself, arrived just a few weeks later – almost exactly the same age as the slice of cake she will one day inherit.

Ok, I know it's fruitcake, but keeping it as souvenir? And for how long?
If it's me, I'd eat the cake (it's cake, why wasting it? :lol:) and keep the tin as a keepsake.

Last edited:
Traditionally you can keep fruitcake for years - the top of the wedding cake was often used as the christening cake for the first child, although after a certain point in time these days you're not going to eat it.

I do think that video is a little like you're expecting a John Lewis Waitrose logo to appear but it is extremely adorable none the less. I think they're doing a good job with their social media at the moment and letting us peak at the family without sacrificing their privacy too much.

Lovely video. It’s nice to see a happy Royal marriage. I can see the Cambridges fulfilling the roles of monarchs beautifully when the time comes.

This sounds interesting.

Their communications team has really been busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom