General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a bit of Prince Edward in Louis

Well William is like Edward. He used, as a child, to be like his mother but as he has grown became more and more Windsor. He is very like Charles and Edward.

The boys are very much Middletons with George resembling his maternal grandfather. Louis is like his mother with a slight resemble to Edward and therefore William. Charlotter is the most like William and I can see the temptation to say she will be like Diana. But William didn't grow up to be like her and I can see Charlotte being more like her mother in the long run.

George reminds me of his grandfather Michael and William both. Charlotte is still a mix of The Queen and Kate. Louis very much reminds me of Eugenie (Queen Mother) still.

LaRae

I respectively disagree. If you want relatives that look like the Queen you would have to say Louise and Isla. Anne and perhaps Zara as a child too. Charlotte. No. She looks her mother, and given her resemblance to William, her paternal grandmother. William became more Windsor as he grew. Charlotte may too.

I love that photo of Charles and William! Buddies and pals and happy together and the most obvious, they're close to each other. Perfect picture for Father's Day!

I love that photo of Charles and William! Buddies and pals and happy together and the most obvious, they're close to each other. Perfect picture for Father's Day!

Oh my god, I’m almost tearing up - that’s just the most beautiful photo! I remember people saying that their joking around while William played basketball in a wheelchair (at the dual engagement for C/C and W/K) was a set up for the press. I thought that was ridiculous then, and it’s even more ridiculous now. It’s lovely to see how close father and son are.

Kate as a kid with her dad....sooo adorable. I love her braids!

adorable photos! kate is a talented photographer - so far almost all pictures they released are taken by her which adds a really nice familiar dimension. i bet it contributes to giving the kids a sense of 'normalcy'.

Oh yah... pile on dad is the mostest fun ever! The thing is that dad loves it as much as the kids do. Happy kids, happy family and mom behind the camera capturing it all for posterity! Totally priceless to see and I'm really glad the Cambridges shared these photos with us. ?

These are all just wonderful photos.

William with his kids. Casual, fun, relaxed photos. Charlotte is in shorts!! (Super cute shorts too.)

William and his dad is such a happy, warm, relaxed photo. Catherine and her dad is sweet.

As someone who lost her father at an extremely young age (even younger than harry’s age when Diana died) seeing the picture of Charles and William made me tear up and created a very bittersweet feeling in my heart.
Same feeling seeing William and the kids (but for other, yet similar, reason).

The pictures of William with his children are lovely but the showstopper for me has to be the one of William and Charles!

Between this picture and the one Catherine took of Charles hugging Louis she is doing a fantastic job of showing off Charles’ warm and loving side!

Showstoppers is good word ... they are just adorable I am so pleased they were shared with the all of us

Gorgeous photos. Lovely of Prince Charles and Prince William. Emotion I have never seen before.

As someone who lost her father at an extremely young age (even younger than harry’s age when Diana died) seeing the picture of Charles and William made me tear up and created a very bittersweet feeling in my heart.
Same feeling seeing William and the kids (but for other, yet similar, reason).

Aww, I’m so sorry.....

I think that photo might be my favorite Royal photo ever, or right at the top.

Last edited:
That photo of Charles leaning in to William is the best royal photo I've ever seen. I don't think anyone other than a family member could have taken such a joyful, intimate photo but even so, Catherine deserves the credit for snapping at the right moment.

Charlotte and George are good looking but Louis is something else. I do not remember George or Charlotte looking this cute when they were Louis' age.

Louis is a geezer. Going to be a proper dude.

I don't get the Louis is cuter at this stage comment.....he looks so much like George, other then his darker hair. The only big difference from George at that age is that Louis doesn't have as much baby fat as George did in his cheeks. Looking at the young photo of Kate with her dad, reminded once again just how much Middletons is in them.

I see nothing of Kate in her daughter. She is a mix of Windsor and maybe Spencer, but certainly William's genes.

My favorite photo is that of William with his dad. Such a wonderful casual photo of the bond they clearly have.

I don't get the Louis is cuter at this stage comment.....he looks so much like George, other then his darker hair. The only big difference from George at that age is that Louis doesn't have as much baby fat as George did in his cheeks. Looking at the young photo of Kate with her dad, reminded once again just how much Middletons is in them.

I see nothing of Kate in her daughter. She is a mix of Windsor and maybe Spencer, but certainly William's genes.

My favorite photo is that of William with his dad. Such a wonderful casual photo of the bond they clearly have.

I don't see them as that much alike. To me they are quite different. It is his personality. Such a cheeky sod. Even now.

CHarbottle is very like William, who was very like his mother as a child. He got older and he became more and more Windsor. She may too, in which case I see her being quite like Eugenie. But I really think she will grow to be more like her mother.

Last edited:
We're talking physical appearance not personality. We don't see enough of these kids to know what any of their real personalities are. George may be just as cheeky in private as Louis seems in the one or two times we have real photos of him. He may just be uncomfortable in front of cameras.

All three kids have very different personalities. That's the same with all kids. And as they grow and bloom, and we get to see them more often, we will see that in time.

I agree with everyone else on how wonderful these photo's are. Especially love the one of Charles and William, goes to show how relaxed they can be in front of a camera. Catherine has a real talent takng photos of family and I applaud her. Her photo's are lovely and natural the family not posed and stiff. Have you ever tried to get a group family photo at xmas. It can be really hard to get a good shot.
It is very kind of Catherine to share these private family photo's, especially to see how the children are growing up so fast. Since when did Prince Louis become so big. I was still thinking of him being much smaller.

Yep Charles and William that photo is pure gold.

We're talking physical appearance not personality. We don't see enough of these kids to know what any of their real personalities are. George may be just as cheeky in private as Louis seems in the one or two times we have real photos of him. He may just be uncomfortable in front of cameras.

All three kids have very different personalities. That's the same with all kids. And as they grow and bloom, and we get to see them more often, we will see that in time.

Didn't you just totally negate yourself there? Can't tell personalities but all three different. No one is making judgement calls about these children. They are kids. But Louis is always pulling funny faces and looking quite mischievous...in public. None of us has any idea of what any of them are like.

That photo of Charles leaning in to William is the best royal photo I've ever seen. I don't think anyone other than a family member could have taken such a joyful, intimate photo but even so, Catherine deserves the credit for snapping at the right moment.

She’s really able to capture their humanity - it could just be another father and son, not the heir and and another future King. This photo speaks at least a thousand words.

The kids are all exceptionally adorable, they really are. They are very, very sweet and funny, and their bond is wonderful. I hope they remain close all their lives

Last edited:
I like the one of William and Charles, and at the same time it feels very strange.

Charles is very rarely "undignified". They look sweet and "normal" and yet Charles seems vulnerable. Older. It's not how he usually presents, imho.

I like the one of William and Charles, and at the same time it feels very strange.

Charles is very rarely "undignified". They look sweet and "normal" and yet Charles seems vulnerable. Older. It's not how he usually presents, imho.

I'm not quite sure how allowing himself to be photographed as what he is, William's father, makes him undignified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom