General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people are allowed to travel to their second homes and as the Cambridges have been living in Norfolk for the duration, moving the whole family back to London just for one child to attend school for a few weeks might set an unhelpful precedent.

I don't think people are allowed to travel to their second homes and as the Cambridges have been living in Norfolk for the duration, moving the whole family back to London just for one child to attend school for a few weeks might set an unhelpful precedent.

Very fair point.

As regards unhelpful precedents in this regard, IMO, the actions of one D Cummins Esq and the subsequent inaction by one Rt Hon A B P Johnson leave much to think about. :flowers:

Very fair point.

As regards unhelpful precedents in this regard, IMO, the actions of one D Cummins Esq and the subsequent inaction by one Rt Hon A B P Johnson leave much to think about. :flowers:

Yes I mentioned that, I couldn't remember the man's name. There was also commentary about the Royals going to country houses too, but IMO that was sensible... provided they stay there until lockdown is completely lifted. I think that ther'es no need for them to return to London, Charlotte's not going to have problems if she misses some school at her age and there is the on line teaching anyway...

It's from the same day that Charlotte's birthday pictures were released. I believe it was said at that time they were delivering food to the elderly living on the Estate.

So, no, they don't work for the royal family - and like other elderly weren't supposed to leave their homes.

This article provides some interesting background information on the 300 rental units on the Estate.

Last edited:
lovely. but who lives in sandringham estate? is this people who work for the palace and the BRF mostly? because if that is the case, i wonder if they are the people who need most help.

I think they own and rent out property in the surrounding villages. It's a very remote area. Its not the workers persae.

lovely. but who lives in sandringham estate? is this people who work for the palace and the BRF mostly? because if that is the case, i wonder if they are the people who need most help.
The Sandringham Estate consist of more than 10 villages, not all people who live there are employees of BRF - well, probably most of them are not. Just normal, regular people, who rent one of the properties there.

The Cambridges chose to help their local community.. I honestly don't understand how anyone could have problem with that. And even if these people might've not been the people who need help the most, it doesn't mean they didn't need any help.

They are not going to travel around the UK which has been forbidden.. just so they can "seek out the people who need most help". they are helping those who need help locally...

No one was suggesting that they drive around the country looking to help.

Some people may not realize that the estate includes villages. And there are many people not linked to the royals work wise. When people think of Sandringham they think of the actual estate, meaning the queen's home and the out buildings and perhaps things like Amner. But there is a lot more to it.

Its nice to see a new photo of their volunteering to celebrate this week :flowers:

Anybody who was self isolating needed support regardless of their circumstances.

Anybody who was self isolating needed support regardless of their circumstances.

Ain't that the truth! For many of us, me included, TRF and our conversations here have been a godsend. For me, I have the lifestyle of a homebody that doesn't go out much at all and TRF is a social means for me as well as an informative one. For those that are not used to being semi reclusive, its a major shock to their well being.

I have to giggle a little bit though as I realize that so many people have had to experience life as I've known it and I'll add that its my choice. I'm happy and content with it but I can imagine that so many people aren't. It takes adjusting and adapting too and it ain't easy.

I am the same, other than skype I have not seen my family in 3 months. I have on line shopping, and fortunate to have a garden that I can sit in and still isolate from neighbours. Any little delivery to the door is a treat and feels good to know that somebody has thought of you.

I wish I could have quoted from the original article, but apparently OK! Magazine doesn’t allow you to read from the U.S.

For those who get think the Royals have everything and don’t suffer at times like ordinary people, here’s just one example refuting that. For all of their privilege, William still can’t see his father....he misses his father like any of us miss our own (father/mother, any loved ones). The BRF so rarely get together anyway because they are busy, so I imagine birthdays would be one of the few items they can gather socially. Now they can’t even do that.

On a happy note, I’m so glad that William and Charles are close. I hadn’t thought about William being overwhelmed at the thought of being King, but that’s understandable. It’s clear that he has embraced the future by how comfortable he’s appeared during this crisis....
Katie told Ok! Magazine: 'I know that William has told his friends that he's loved spending so much time with the children in lockdown, but that's been coupled with the sadness that he's not seeing his father.

'Charles and William have become much closer in recent years. In fact, I've been told by someone who knows them both very well that William has had something of a mind shift.

Where the notion of becoming king one day used to overwhelm him, he's now more than ready and has found common ground with his father in that. Their destiny is something that now connects them.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...m-sad-not-seeing-Prince-Charles-birthday.html

I think we can safely conclude (based on this week's appearances) that the Cambridge family is still at Anmer Hall and did not return to London yet.

:previous: Such a lovely photo - you can tell the Cambridges a very happy family just from this. I think George looks a little like Diana in this too - it's the first time I've noticed the resemblance.

They are such a beautiful family.....that first one is so adorable !!!!

Cute pictures. Louis is growing. They will all be tall.

Lovely photos. Louis and George are definitely Middletons, Louis a darker version of his brother (though he has a bit of Windsor in him). And yes they all will be tall if they keep growing like this.

And Charlotte in shorts. ?

Lovely photos, they all look so happy and relaxed.

Cute pics. It looks like Charlotte has a flamingo on her shorts. I wonder if Charlotte loves flamingos, it would explain her enthusiasm last Christmas when the fan gave her that blow-up flamingo.

Tomorrow is such a big day for the family. Fathers Day, William's 38th birthday and Mike and Carole's 40th wedding anniversary. Three big events all in one day. Hopefully they'll be able to celebrate together somehow. Maybe in the back garden at the Midds Bucklebury home if they all keep a safe length from one another.

Last edited:
Traveling almost 3 1/2 hours each way to Bucklebury for a birthday party in the current climate may not be the greatest decision. Even if they social distance when they get there. Far more likely to join Michael and Carol in celebration via zoom like many other family celebrations right now.

Being senior royals is a lot about optics. With the country just starting to open up, making such a trip for the sake of a party might not be the best message.

I see a bit of Prince Edward in Louis

Waoh!!! Such a beautiful and happy family!! Very nice photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom