General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no access to the mag, but someone tweeted an article stating that Kate’s friends “need a lesson in self-awareness” because they spoke out about Kate feeling overwhelmed by the added workload, her resentment at the Sussexes for leaving and essentially forcing she and William to pick up the slack, etc...

I have no idea if any of this is true, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. I have no issue with Kate feeling this way, but a lot of issues if her friends are speaking out as their (unnamed) quotes in the article are completely clueless and could be damaging to Kate.

The Cambridges might want to get new friends - because with friends like these, who needs enemies?

Tatler and the aristos can joke as much as they want about Middeclass-Middleton and Doors-to-Manual Carole, but those Middleton girls have certainly married way above the chattering aristos. And as far as Catherine is concerned, she has always been a class act, IMO!

Well said Muriel! Those 'chattering aristos' aren't as classy as they think they are. The REALLY classy aristos (yes I've met quite a few, including some royal ones) aren't snotty, snobby or stuffy in the slightest. If you need to look down on others, there's something lacking within yourself.

I have no access to the mag, but someone tweeted an article stating that Kate’s friends “need a lesson in self-awareness” because they spoke out about Kate feeling overwhelmed by the added workload, her resentment at the Sussexes for leaving and essentially forcing she and William to pick up the slack, etc...

I have no idea if any of this is true, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. I have no issue with Kate feeling this way, but a lot of issues if her friends are speaking out as their (unnamed) quotes in the article are completely clueless and could be damaging to Kate.

The Cambridges might want to get new friends - because with friends like these, who needs enemies?
WTF? Honestly it's hard to believe that after 15+ years of silence her friends chose this moment to speak to the papers about DoC and her feelings about the current situation. It doesn't make any sense to me...

WTF? Honestly it's hard to believe that after 15+ years of silence her friends chose this moment to speak to the papers about DoC and her feelings about the current situation. It doesn't make any sense to me...

Kensington Palace denied it. Said it was a false story.

Reactions: Fem

I agree with you, Kate and William have been careful with their choice of friends, they are the ultimate in discretion. Many of them are god parents to the children, I find it hard to believe that any of their inner circle have spoken out. Why now, there is no need.
Some body stirring the pot, or else trying to pretend they are closer than they actually are,

I agree with you, Kate and William have been careful with their choice of friends, they are the ultimate in discretion. Many of them are god parents to the children, I find it hard to believe that any of their inner circle have spoken out. Why now, there is no need.
Some body stirring the pot, or else trying to pretend they are closer than they actually are,

I agree. William and Catherine, as far as heir's standards go, are fairly private and I can imagine their friends are similar. I highly doubt this story to be true. Lockdown boredom kicking in, probably.

Good, I thought this might be the case. I'm very glad this was cleared up, though it's pretty interesting...

Honestly, it's been almost twenty years of Catherine and William knowing each other, being in a relationship and married and we barely had anything from their friends, that's why it's so hard to believe. I'm glad KP denied the story, but who and why is the question now.

It is interesting that they have came right out and denied it, as we know they often just ignore some of the stories. IMO they are trying to ensure that there is nothing to fuel the flames of any so called 'feud' in the eyes of the public.

I’m glad to hear this...it didn’t sound right to me, not the friends complaining or Kate complaining and OKing her friends going public. She seems very much in tune to public feeling - in a good way - and is a compassionate, caring person who understands that everyone is making sacrifices

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

KP didn’t deny it, what actually happened was this.

“A Kensington Palace source dismissed the claims and told MailOnline they are 'false'.”

No official denial.

It is interesting that they have came right out and denied it, as we know they often just ignore some of the stories. IMO they are trying to ensure that there is nothing to fuel the flames of any so called 'feud' in the eyes of the public.

See above, no official denial from KP.

I have no access to the mag, but someone tweeted an article stating that Kate’s friends “need a lesson in self-awareness” because they spoke out about Kate feeling overwhelmed by the added workload, her resentment at the Sussexes for leaving and essentially forcing she and William to pick up the

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...hausted-trapped-enormous-workload-Megxit.html

DailyMail article warning, this is where the tweets you speak about come from.

I really don’t think these are “friends”, these are “sources”. The whole tone of the magazine shows that’s the case. Catherine’s friends wouldn’t partake in an article which openly declared her Catherine the Great.

I just have to think back to the actual Tatler cover she did and the interview she gave to know, this is BS.

Last edited:

“A Kensington Palace source dismissed the claims and told MailOnline they are 'false'.”

No official denial.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...hausted-trapped-enormous-workload-Megxit.html

I really don’t think these are “friends”, these are “sources”. The whole tone of the magazine shows that’s the case. Catherine’s friends wouldn’t partake in an article which openly declared her Catherine the Great.

I just have to think back to the actual Tatler cover she did and the interview she gave to know, this is BS.

Kensington Palace has denied it. A Kensington spokeperson has no reacted to the story.

I couldn't believe that Tatler article. That mag is usually known to be pro Cambridge and this is a straight up hit piece. It really makes Kate look bad. Whether true or not or a denial the story dings the Cambridge image and it's all over the Web's comment sections.

Good, I thought this might be the case. I'm very glad this was cleared up, though it's pretty interesting...

Honestly, it's been almost twenty years of Catherine and William knowing each other, being in a relationship and married and we barely had anything from their friends, that's why it's so hard to believe. I'm glad KP denied the story, but who and why is the question now.

My crazy theory this was a hit back piece because it was revealed this week that a certain someone expected to keep certain privileges while no longer working for the family business. Also there is that other book by a certain Lady who dared to reveal some not so pleasant details about a spouse and members of the spouses team made contact with the Lady to try and manipulate the book.
But you are right Cambridge friends have never spoken about them or for them on any forum.

Is the editor of the "Tatler" still the Duchess of Cambridge's old university friend Richard Dennen?

Remember the photos he had on his instagram of himself and her, Kate with the sandwich?

Odd quotes, can't see why we have this coming out.

Last edited:
Was this Richard Dennen guy invited to the Cambridge wedding? Cause all of their trusted friends were invited was he?

No official denial.

Thank you! Anna Pasternak is a respected author who wrote a favorable bio of Wallis Simpson. When I saw her name, I was surprised.

Those sources can’t be friends, I agree - it’s not a positive article about Kate at all. That quote about how there is nothing to like or dislike about her, about how she essentially has her eyes on the prize of Queen? That’s nasty.

What interview are you referring to that Kate did?

The reality is that the Cambridges have not gone '15 years with no talk'. Perhaps because its been pretty quiet and boring for a few years people forget. But definitely during their dating, breakup and early marriage there were stories about 'friends' talking to the press. Stories about stress and so on. Stories from 'friends' about inside parties and décor. Friends who would talk about feelings, and personal events and so on. All under 'a friend disclosed'.

And certainly old friends from school days or so on did come out of the wood work during those early days as well.

That's the joys off becoming the turnip toff sweater wearing married a decade couple. Not much tongues wagging about your life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supermarket tabloids have been writing headlines about "How Kate is coping" how Kate feels betrayed" "Kate's worry about the future" "Kate's shock and outrage" etc since January. This just feels like an upmarket version of that.

A couple of posts have been deleted. Let’s stick to discussing the Cambridges and not start comparing royals. Thanks.

The reality is that the Cambridges have not gone '15 years with no talk'. Perhaps because its been pretty quiet and boring for a few years people forget. But definitely during their dating, breakup and early marriage there were stories about 'friends' talking to the press. Stories about stress and so on. Stories from 'friends' about inside parties and décor. Friends who would talk about feelings, and personal events and so on. All under 'a friend disclosed'.

And certainly old friends from school days or so on did come out of the wood work during those early days as well.

That's the joys off becoming the turnip toff sweater wearing married a decade couple. Not much tongues wagging about your life.
Then I guess we have a different reality, tbh :flowers: Sure, there were some people who contacted the press - and they were not considered "friends" much longer after that. Cambridges' close circle remained silent through all of this, so it's pretty easy to assume they'll keep being silent. Many of them are godparents to the children and are enjoying a close relationship with William and Catherine.

That's the joy of having a solid, united public image for so long. They'll always be a story and they know it, so they keep things close to their vest. They know they don't need friends to "defend" them in the press, because it only makes things worse.

Sometimes you just have to let things go and live your life. They gave a great example of that this year, all we heard for weeks was this rift between Catherine and Rose and come Catherine's birthday... Rose is there, invited, clearly still being "in", while the press run rampant that the friendship ended.

You are correct that is their joy. They have a royal work life and a private life. Within that private life they have a tight knit circle of friends who do not betray them, William was known to set traps for new' friends' to see if they could be trusted, any tip offs to the press and they were out. They know they need the press to promote whatever charity or event the are leading on at the time but they do not want stories about themselves in the papers every day.
They do not need that kind of press and do not encourage it. I personally think they have found a decent balance with regards the press.

I'm usually pretty quiet about the Cambridges...the whole if you don't have something nice to say mantra; but WOW the Tatler Magazine story reveals a lot about the couple.... especially since it is edited by someone who runs in the same circles and spent time with the couple. It confirms my thoughts on them that they are controlling/bitter people who are only in it for the title/tiaras- not the people.

1. Catherine was so upset that Meghan wouldn't let her dictate/take over the decision making of her wedding that she restored to tears over some times. Getting that worked up over something so trivial doesn't bode well for the future future she's going to need to toughen up before she gets to the throne.

2. They aren't really as strong of parents as they want people to believe. If they can't balance their lives enough (even with all the help they have) to do a couple hours of work a week without sacrificing their children's upbringing or that complaining about homeschooling with all they resources they have... face it they aren't that good.

3. Can you imagine complaining about being exhausted from clapping once a week (that's worst than ribbon cutting) and playing bingo during a pandemic where people are sacrificing their lives to help others. Talk about being selfish

4. Catherine likes to think of her self as a CEO, man the egos are big with those ones. A successful CEO doesn't take 8 years to develop a 5 question survey. A CEO who has only produced one solo project in 9+ years of being with the firm isn't successful either.

5. The never explain/never complain and the inability to speak out don't appear to apply to the Cambridges. Although in their rebuttal they tried to pull one over on people and didn't actually deny most of it saying "false MISrepresentation" not that the story provided misrepresentation of the facts.

This along with prior comments of being bored with racism, joking about people's fear of a deadly virus shows me they really don't care.

The bottom line is the Cambridges aren't all that great or effective and rely heavily on people putting their heads in the sand or put the blame on scapegoats.

Last edited:
but WOW the Tatler Magazine story reveals a lot about the couple.... especially since it is edited by someone who runs in the same circles and spent time with the couple.

I’m not going to debate your whole comment but considering the Tatler article has been officially rebuked by Kensington Palace as false. The fact it’s edited but someone who “runs in the same circles”, therefore giving the story truth, proves inconsequential. It’s quite simple, like most articles about the royals, gossip, hearsay and unsubstantiated rumour.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some truths in the Tastler story. Otherwise the Kensington Palace would not be rushing out to try to kill the story, and do some damage control.

There are some truths in the Tastler story. Otherwise the Kensington Palace would not be rushing out to try to kill the story, and do some damage control.

IMO that is one of the reasons that the palace allows stories to go with no comment because when they do they are accused of covering up the truth.
So the next time they do not deny a story the posters on here will say it must be true because they didn't deny it. It is a no win situation,
That goes for any of the family,

IMO that is one of the reasons that the palace allows stories to go with no comment because when they do they are accused of covering up the truth.
So the next time they do not deny a story the posters on here will say it must be true because they didn't deny it. It is a no win situation,
That goes for any of the family,

However, the palace seldom seems to follow that rule when it comes to Catherine/William...just everyone else. How many times has the palace spoken out when an unfavorable story comes out about this couple?

However, the palace seldom seems to follow that rule when it comes to Catherine/William...just everyone else. How many times has the palace spoken out when an unfavorable story comes out about this couple?

I was making a general comment about the press/ palace, I am not going to get in to a back and forth with you regarding a particular couple. I think you have made it very plain where you stand in this.

https://www.etonline.com/kate-middl...-article-about-meghan-markle-prince-harry-and

A Tatler spokesperson spoke to Entertainment Tonight about the Kensington Palace denial and said: “Tatler’s Editor-in-Chief Richard Dennen stands behind the reporting of Anna Pasternak and her sources. Kensington Palace knew we were running the ‘Catherine the Great’ cover months ago and we asked them to work together on it. The fact they are denying they ever knew is categorically false.”

So Tatler is countering their denial.

Last edited:
A Tatler spokesperson spoke to Entertainment Tonight about the Kensington Palace denial and said: “Tatler’s Editor-in-Chief Richard Dennen stands behind the reporting of Anna Pasternak and her sources. Kensington Palace knew we were running the ‘Catherine the Great’ cover months ago and we asked them to work together on it. The fact they are denying they ever knew is categorically false.”

So Tatler is countering their denial.

Tatler was hardly not going to stand by their story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom