General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to weddings of close friends and family, there are no rules as far as rank, protocol or status. That's the public life of William and Kate and their children. None of that mattered when it came to being asked to be page boy and bridesmaid. What mattered was the close relationship between the bride and Kate.

At this wedding, I think it would be appropriate to say that the kids attended as George Cambridge and Charlotte Cambridge. :D

It's nice that the Cambridges were able to attend the wedding as a regular family. Catherine looked lovely and I'm sure that George and Charlotte were adorable in their outfits. They probably enjoyed a break from the cameras and it was sweet to hear the anecdotes about George running around and leading the other children.

I am fully with @Fijiro #550! The little Prince is the future King. That should be not forgotten. And if he gets tired and mum gets angry at him, like she did at Pippa's wedding - this is inappropriate...

Your words bring something to mind, victor. Would you then think its appropriate then to bring back the whipping boy? When the little future King acts up, so as not to infringe on his royal personage, punishment would be sentenced and applied to the whipping boy.

I believe that is how it was done in ages long, long ago. :D

@Osipi #555

Nah, but little Princes have a life hard to cope with... Sure, also a Prince has to learn about manners and boundaries. But not all has to be public, even in the public life of the royals.

I don't know about that. Little princes, little truck drivers, little policemen and little soldier boys all have to start at the same place learning the basics from mommy and daddy. It gives them the tools they need to be the big King, the big truck driver, the big policeman and the big soldier man.

Kids at George's age still do not have any kind of an understanding just what their future roles are to be and most won't have any kind of an idea until they make that decision themselves when they're older. No matter what, George is a child and for now, should be treated as a child of his age needs to be treated. With love, discipline and setting boundaries.

Just my opinion. ?

It sure didn't hurt William any when his mother swatted him in public. George getting a stern word didn't hurt him either.

LaRae

@Osipi #555

Nah, but little Princes have a life hard to cope with... Sure, also a Prince has to learn about manners and boundaries. But not all has to be public, even in the public life of the royals.
I was intrigued by an interview given by the twins father at H&M wedding. He said the most important thing was that the kids were having fun and not stressing. And that seemed to work well.

That wedding was a bigger event than all of the kids will probably ever be part of again, except George and Charlotte. But, nobody worried how they came up the aisle. They were children grinning at anyone they knew or perhaps smiling at strangers who smiled at them.

All of the children were experiencing the full attention of the media but they were cool with that, even a future King and maybe Princess Royal? That made me think, what a wonderful introduction to "duties" for the royal pair and this latest wedding is probably not the last they will participate in.

For the royal children it is a chance to be merely one of the gaggle and they are all learning how to behave in public. So yes, they have to learn to behave in an acceptable way, just like all the kids around them. But they are learning things that are essential to them in their future lives. Life lessons that are merely by-products of a fun experience.

W&C are smart people who are training them up in the way they should go in such a way that they don't really know that they are learning . . . what they have to wear, how they are expected to behave and what is not acceptable behaviour. It is just the same for all the kids around them, not just them.

They are, and will continue to be, expected to learn age-appropriate behaviour as they grow and what better way to learn than with other kids that may become lifelong friends.

Page boy/flower girl for Pippa’s wedding and also for Harry’s wedding made sense to me. Third time should’ve been for James Middleton if/when he decides to wed. W&K do not turn your children into professional pageboy/flower girl.

I am fully with @Fijiro #550! The little Prince is the future King. That should be not forgotten. And if he gets tired and mum gets angry at him, like she did at Pippa's wedding - this is inappropriate...

That's just silly. Sophie is a longtime, close friend of Kate's. Nothing wrong with your children being in one of your best friends' wedding (and Charlotte is Sophie's goddaughter.)

For heaven's sake-George was not even 4 years old at Pippa's wedding. If he misbehaved it is perfectly appropriate for his mother to correct him-future king or not.

George is a human child, future king or not. The times where reasonable people actually believed royals were anointed by God or whatever is way gone. George should be raised as any other little boy although hopefully with a recognition of the huge amount of unearned privilege he has; and a sense of duty to serve and give back as a result, whether the monarchy is still around or not when he is older. I sense this is the practical approach the Cambridges are taking with their children.

Being in a family friend's wedding is a normal part of life and will hardly make him "too common" or whatever. And a child should be corrected when acting out in public. That is good parenting. Future king or not.

George future king or not is a child. The last thing we need is a spoiled best who terrorizes everyone as no one will correct the future king.

The kids are too young they dint have any idea of their future role. Their parents have said that they want the kids to be normal. Part if that is being involved in family events. This wasn't a public wedding, a private event.

When these photos first showed up in People, GFY noted that they are uncredited, which is highly unusual. Now that the DM has them, I notice they also don’t show a photo credit. And evidently none of the usual photos services, like Getty, have them. Which seems to suggest only one photographer managed to get shots, but for some reason doesn’t want his or her name out there. Which raises certain questions about whether all of the pertinent laws were followed (and the DM taking some time to ask those questions may explain why, for a little bit, it did look like People was going to have an exclusive).

Now, legalities and oddities of the overall situation aside, it does underline that neither People nor DM were actually there. They don’t have video. The pictures of the children seem to come exclusively in what appears to be the period of time after the ceremony when everyone was relaxed and milling about. My point being that they have absolutely no idea whether or not George and Charlotte actually “stole the show” or acted out. Those are just words taken from purely speculative articles that were extrapolated from a handful of photos that may or may not have come from a dodgy source.

Mark Stewart, @regaleyes, took the photos. He’s an accredited royal photographer. He takes polo pics, pics from other society weddings and the like.

The pics are also in the Telegraph with credit to Mark Stewart. I’m not sure why the DM doesn’t give credit.

When these photos first showed up in People, GFY noted that they are uncredited, which is highly unusual. Now that the DM has them, I notice they also don’t show a photo credit. And evidently none of the usual photos services, like Getty, have them. Which seems to suggest only one photographer managed to get shots, but for some reason doesn’t want his or her name out there. Which raises certain questions about whether all of the pertinent laws were followed (and the DM taking some time to ask those questions may explain why, for a little bit, it did look like People was going to have an exclusive).

Now, legalities and oddities of the overall situation aside, it does underline that neither People nor DM were actually there. They don’t have video. The pictures of the children seem to come exclusively in what appears to be the period of time after the ceremony when everyone was relaxed and milling about. My point being that they have absolutely no idea whether or not George and Charlotte actually “stole the show” or acted out. Those are just words taken from purely speculative articles that were extrapolated from a handful of photos that may or may not have come from a dodgy source.

The photos were taken by Regal Eyes, aka Mark Stewart.
No idea why they weren’t credited.

George is a human child, future king or not. The times where reasonable people actually believed royals were anointed by God or whatever is way gone. George should be raised as any other little boy although hopefully with a recognition of the huge amount of unearned privilege he has; and a sense of duty to serve and give back as a result, whether the monarchy is still around or not when he is older. I sense this is the practical approach the Cambridges are taking with their children.

Being in a family friend's wedding is a normal part of life and will hardly make him "too common" or whatever. And a child should be corrected when acting out in public. That is good parenting. Future king or not.

I agree. George is a very well behaved young man but naturally, like all children his age, he'll have his 'moments' and it's at times like this where parents step in (or should). Otherwise children will carry on thinking that this is the correct way to behave when tired or bored etc, and that goes for all children and not just royal children or children in the public spotlight.

From Reese Witherspoon’s new book, Whiskey in a Teacup, per Marie Claire

She was just lovely and warm, elegant and composed,” Witherspoon writes.

“She also told a joke, and I immediately fell under her spell. She’s just as magnificent as she seems to be. She’s a very compassionate, socially conscious, deeply caring person.”

Witherspoon also recognized that Kate’s place in the public eye isn’t easy.

“It takes a very special person to decide to commit to that kind of life, to choose to be under public scrutiny every moment,” writes the actress. “Now that she’s in that position, her entire life is in service, forever. I am so in awe of that kind of dedication.”

Read more: Reese Witherspoon Says Kate Middleton Gave Her Royal Fever Despite Previously Being 'Immune'

Last edited:
Hello guys, I am a new member on this forum. I really love Will and Kate and their three little angels. They are an amazing couple, so down to Earth. I love that they are trying to keep their children's privacy as more as possible. George, Charlotte and I believe Louis will be, polite and well behaved kids. They have grown up so fast. I have noticed that Charlotte just like any other girl is looking up to her mom. There was a funny news I read:
One Detail In This Photo Shows Charlotte Is Copying Mum Kate

Aww, those kids are a true blessing!

Nonsense. Everyone should act and dress as they feel.
If the Duchess feels fine 12 hours after labour.
Should she have come out in a wheelchair, dressed in a pyamasuit?
Only if she felt she needed it.

Nonsense. Everyone should act and dress as they feel.
If the Duchess feels fine 12 hours after labour.
Should she have come out in a wheelchair, dressed in a pyamasuit?
Only if she felt she needed it.

Agreed! I left approx. 24 hours after my c-section with my youngest. Everyone thought I was crazy and stupid. I couldn't have possibly felt well enough to go home. I did and I went home. Catherine did what she, and her doctor, felt best for her and the newborn.

Agree that was a stupid article. Some women are feeling great after having a baby some not so good. Do whatever you feel like doing

I’m sorry that the lovely and successful Keira Knightley has issues, and that she needs to project her issues onto others. Many millions of women give birth each year; there is no mystery surrounding the process, nor is there any reason for every woman to share her version of the process.

Stupid article! As long as she had a normal uncomplicated delivery..why shouldn't Kate leave a few hours after? As nice and luxurious the Lindo Wing may be, it's nothing compared to your own home.

As a future queen, Kate is expected to present her newborn to the media and the world. Just like other princesses did before her and will do after her.

Keira Knightly can count herself lucky that she was able to deliver in peace and quiet without crowds and the world's media parked outside her hospital.

It's not about Kate leaving the hospital 12 hours later. If you read what Kiera said it was about the photo op. And it wasn't just about Kate but any royal woman. Nor was it an attack on Kate but on the institution and how they handle it. Having a woman dolled up with her hair and makeup and designer clothes for a photo op hours after birth. It gives an unrealistic view of what a woman should like after birth. Many women leave the hospital shortly after birth. Do they look like runway models?

Not saying I agree with Kiera. I don't, Kate has little to say about photo ops. But let's not rewrite what she actually said.

I think too that most women would agree with me that even with a rough and tumble and a labor and delivery that seems to be a visit to hell itself, once that child is placed in its mother's arms, most women feel the hell was well worth it.

Some women do look their absolute best and feel their absolute best right after giving birth. That's what joy does to one. Its not the clothes and the makeup either. Its that inner glow of being a new mother. I'm sure Kate was still feeling a bit tired and uncomfortable leaving the Lindo Wing but the feeling that she was going home with her new little one trumped all of that.

BTW: I didn't bother to read the article. :D

Stupid article! As long as she had a normal uncomplicated delivery..why shouldn't Kate leave a few hours after? As nice and luxurious the Lindo Wing may be, it's nothing compared to your own home.

As a future queen, Kate is expected to present her newborn to the media and the world. Just like other princesses did before her and will do after her.

Keira Knightly can count herself lucky that she was able to deliver in peace and quiet without crowds and the world's media parked outside her hospital.

I agree Terri Terri. I'm very sorry that Ms. Knightly experience was by her own description a rather traumatic one, but I'm glad that she and her child were safe.

Like in other royal houses in Europe, Catherine was expected to make an appearance with her husband and the newborn after they were discharged from the hospital. (The Swedish and Dutch royals have slightly different practices for presenting the newborns to the media/nation.) Like CP Mary, then Princess Letizia and then Princess Mathilde, and her predecessors The Princess of Wales and Duchess of York she was camera ready.? Should the Sussexes be blessed with children, I expect a similar event on the hospital steps.

I think too that most women would agree with me that even with a rough and tumble and a labor and delivery that seems to be a visit to hell itself, once that child is placed in its mother's arms, most women feel the hell was well worth it.

Some women do look their absolute best and feel their absolute best right after giving birth. That's what joy does to one. Its not the clothes and the makeup either. Its that inner glow of being a new mother. I'm sure Kate was still feeling a bit tired and uncomfortable leaving the Lindo Wing but the feeling that she was going home with her new little one trumped all of that.

BTW: I didn't bother to read the article. :D

I did read the article; though I do agree with you. Different mothers have different appearances after giving birth. I don't have children of my own yet though I have read and have been told by those who do have children that indeed, once a mother gives birth, the pain and any hardships they experienced during birth are soon forgotten when a new little human that they bought into the world is placed in their arms.
I do understand where Keira Knightley is coming from in that the expectations for a royal mother's appearance are somewhat unrealistic, but as Terri Terri pointed out she's lucky that she didn't have the world's media clicking their cameras on her doorstep during her daughter's birth and magazines and discussion sites judging exactly what she wore and how she looks straight after giving birth. It is unfortunate that Keira didn't have an easy birth but I do think that the article was overreacting and nitpicking somewhat.

The Duchess of Cambridge almost went unnoticed as she visited an art fair in Battersea Park last week. Kate, whose son Prince George goes to school in the area, was spotted at The Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair on Friday afternoon. She enjoyed a spot of shopping and browsing just after 2pm, most likely before collecting her son George who was a five-minute drive away.

"Kate was very casual, wearing blue jeans and a pink shirt. She had on a pair of white trainers," a source told HELLO! "She was very, very pretty. She appeared to be on her own with no obvious security in sight. She was walking along the aisle with someone who looked as if he was explaining something to her, perhaps a dealer or a member of the exhibition staff."

Read more: Dressed-down Kate makes surprise appearance at Battersea art fair before Prince George's school run

Please note that pictures of the Cambridges at Eugenie and Jack's wedding should be posted in the appropriate wedding thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom