General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer portraits to have some background to them to add context - maybe if Catherine were sitting in a nice chair or something and we could see more of her it would have added some interest - like the family portrait it is a little too austere for my personal taste.

I agree - over the past few days I've changed my opinion on the portrait. I'm now not a huge fan of it for the reasons you have stated; it's a bit plain for me and lacking in festivity. I personally prefer Christmas card photos to have a bit of a festive touch to them. The Cambridge's photo however doesn't look festive at all, especially given the fact that they used a photo from the summer so the children and Catherine's (William's suits are for all seasons, though) clothes aren't even wintry.

Why is this photo being released now?

It was released for their Christmas card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant the new individual closeup portrait of Kate. Just curious as to why it's been released now,

I, too, find the new portrait of Kate sorely lacking along with the family portrait.

Its almost like the Cambridges know they need to release photos every now and then in order to be "visible" but what stands out is that they are very impersonal as in taking pains not to give away anything about the subjects in the portrait. 100 years from now, there will be nothing whatsoever in these photos to even allude to who these people are and just say "this is what four people look like".

Even the "set" for the Queen's Christmas message was staged to look personal.

I wonder if something triggered the more formal look this year as opposed to previous years much more 'natural' photos.

LaRae

They are tour thank you photos. They did a similar set for the Australia and New Zealand tour. Neutral background with William, Kate and Baby George. The photo on the Christmas card is probably sitting on a side table in the U.K. embassies in Poland and Germany.

Not a fan of new Kate pic—it does lack something Osipi. I said prior there’s nothing Christmasy about their card either this year, just two cute kids. When I first saw it, it was like someone saying “here, take this”. I suppose they put thought into it but to me, it was reluctant thought. JMO

I find three things odd:
1. Why did Kate become pregnant just now?
2. Why suddenly holding hands with William at
ChristmasChurch Service?
3. Why release a photo of her' s just now?

I find three things odd:
ChristmasChurch Service?

I don't have answers to questions 1 and 3, but their hand holding is not sudden. They have held hands several times before.

I find three things odd:
ChristmasChurch Service?

1. The Cambridges have indicated for many years that they want to have a larger family, so it really shouldn't be all that surprising that they've chosen to have a third. I think some people thought they might stop at 2 because they had a son and a daughter and Kate's had issues with her pregnancies, but again they've both indicated that they want a larger family.

2. It's not actually all that sudden. They've been photographed holding hands before, just not frequently. You can see pictures of them doing so on the walks to church Christmas of 2014 and 2013.

3. It's not uncommon to release portraits of royals. Kate's pregnant and her birthday's coming up in a couple weeks, so that might be the reason. Or it might just be that she liked the picture and chose to release it.

I find three things odd:
ChristmasChurch Service?

I too noticed that in the past 3 weeks, starting with the memorial for the victims of the fire. William and kate holding hands, and his hands on her back when entering the church. And now the walk to snd from the church.

I like it, with her pregnant and wearing thise high heels. The wrong step and she could go down(god forbid). I was alway nervous when she was expecting the last 2 times. I am glads to see some (not a lot). I can understand that when they are on offical events. But the more casual outings, ther was nothing. BUT NOW??????????;);););). I just wonder what brought this on all of a sudden;););). I am just glad to see it now:whistling::whistling:

Me too Panther2000. It’s nice to see them letting their guard down a little. They looked so happy on the walk. Just beaming.

He's done the hand on her back every since they got married. You'll see it now and then at public events.

There's been some PDA at casual events too in the past. We just don't see them out a lot at them.

LaRae

Me too Panther2000. It’s nice to see them letting their guard down a little. They looked so happy on the walk. Just beaming.
Same here, just glad to see william loosen up a bit. He shouldn't be turning into a old man, before he becomes middleage.

He dosen't have to be a clown or anything, but lighten up a bit. I know that he will have more on his plate way down the road.

Some couples don't like PDA and that is perfectly acceptable :flowers:

Will and Kate we have always had bits and pieces here and there. Just not overly obvious, or extensive. This is nothing new from the couple.

Right now it is more obvious as it isn't really a PDA. Some of it seems more a concern for his pregnant wife on slippery ground and such in winter. Showing concern and care, but not meant as a PDA. Which seems quite natural in a loving couple when your spouse is pregnant.

He always has his hand on her back nothing new about that. They have always appeared very happy together. Don’t know what your meaning about suddenly etc
Kate has always looked happy and radiant when she’s pregnant. As for why is she pregnant now. because they wanted a baby..... no hidden reasons

I meant the new individual closeup portrait of Kate. Just curious as to why it's been released now,

My guess is that any additional photos from the photo shoot will be released around their birthdays. I'd expect to see one of William closer to his birthday.

IMO the individual photos remind me of the ones that the other European royals take for their website biographies, though I agree that the family photos were also taken to be included in their thank you letters for the earlier visits to Germany and Poland.

Yes, the royal families tend to release new pictures when there is a birthday or a royal tour coming up.

I remember during the 80's and 90's (wasn't around earlier than that) and there would be tons of photos released when Charles and Diana would get ready to do a tour, or when Diana turned 21. It was before the internet so I didn't really follow anyone else but I can't imagine it not being done for other royal houses or royals. I know they did it for the Queen and the Queen Mother.

Yes, the royal families tend to release new pictures when there is a birthday or a royal tour coming up.
I'd forgotten Zonk that there is a Scandinavian trip coming up for the Cambridges at the end of January 2018.

I'd forgotten Zonk that there is a Scandinavian trip coming up for the Cambridges at the end of January 2018.

Catching up on this convo which is why I am answering here.

This picture was released with a statement about one of her charities in mid 2017. My post is a tad rubbish because I cant remember which charity or exactly when. But I has seen this picture before it was recently released I will investigate further so as to be more exact but that doesnt explain why it is being positioned as a new release.

EDIT: 8th November Place2B

Problem just downloading her written piece with photo but it is on this blog if you scroll down.

So if this was created prior to 8/11, then it was available for use. So not just released.

http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/kate-in-goat-eloise-dress-for-place2be.html

Last edited:
I will admit I've wondered why William always has George and Kate always has Charlotte. But I'm sure this isn't the reason.

Catching up on this convo which is why I am answering here.

This picture was released with a statement about one of her charities in mid 2017. My post is a tad rubbish because I cant remember which charity or exactly when. But I has seen this picture before it was recently released I will investigate further so as to be more exact but that doesnt explain why it is being positioned as a new release.

EDIT: 8th November Place2B

Problem just downloading her written piece with photo but it is on this blog if you scroll down.

So if this was created prior to 8/11, then it was available for use. So not just released.

Duchess Kate: Kate Reveals She's Still Adjusting to Leaving George at the School Gates During Place2Be School Leaders Forum!

I don’t know where the idea of it just being released came from. Kensington Palace didn’t post it on twitter or anything as they do with new photos.

Seems quite obvious that this photo was taken at the same time as the Christmas photo they released, so in July. I assume it was done before the Germany/Poland tour and that there is also individual photos of William, George and Charlotte from the same day. They usually do new photos and then give them as gifts during tours.

I will admit I've wondered why William always has George and Kate always has Charlotte. But I'm sure this isn't the reason.

The more likely reason is George is older thus heavier than Charlotte so William takes the older kid and Kate the younger lighter one. If Charlotte was older, she would be with William and George with Kate.

:previous: Agreed. Maybe not on weight though, but age. Makes more sense the younger is handled by the mom, no matter the gender.

I laugh at these sexist connotative issues. I am sorry but you don't get your self worth by being raised by the same sex as you. Many well adjusted children are raised by single parents of opposite sex. And many children gravitate to one parent or another. Daddy's princess, mama's boy..... Girls have just as much to learn about character, strength and so on from dad as boys do.:bang:

Good thing that the new baby wasn't born yet before that article was written. Following that writer's logic, it would fall into place that its William & George, Kate & Charlotte and then Lupo and the new baby. Logical family dynamics. Not. :D

Good thing that the new baby wasn't born yet before that article was written. Following that writer's logic, it would fall into place that its William & George, Kate & Charlotte and then Lupo and the new baby. Logical family dynamics. Not. :D

I am sure Lupo, with the aid of Marvin of course, would do a fine job :D

Cannot wait to see the official photos then!:D

By this logic, the Cambridge's will have 4 children...what a scoop for the Daily Fail!

Now I'm imagining Lupo carrying the baby by the diaper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom