General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one spectacular holiday card, George is looking like he is ready to run, foot in the air and dad holding him back while Charlotte has the look of an elf ready to do mischief.....what a beautiful family, the future of Great Britain.

Lovely photo...and George being held in place by William!

LaRae

Love the Cambridge’s Christmas 2017 Portrait. They’re such a beautiful family of four. Now soon to be a family of five.

It's a lovely picture but....is it just me or is the Duchess heavily photoshopped whereas the rest of her family are not? It could be a bad quality image and it might look better when it's printed but it just looks a little strange to me.

Actually, to me, they all seem to be separate pictures put together in a collage to form a portrait. :D

Actually, to me, they all seem to be separate pictures put together in a collage to form a portrait. :D

The same thought crossed my mind. It does look as if the Duchess and Princess Charlotte have been added in later.

Beautiful photo, beautiful family. Princess Charlotte has the cutest little smile.

Next Christmas it will be a family of 5!

No, it’s just that Catherine and Charlotte’s part is touched up a bit. For some odd reason women’s pictures are touched up way too often. As the digital age grow, natural pics disappear.

It’s a beautiful family portrait though.

The Duchess’ Face is heavily photoshopped which is irritating as the photo looks lovely and Catherine doesn’t need to be photoshopped so heavily. Real shame.

I don't get the photoshop...I mean we all know what she looks like in public so why bother with the 'doctoring' of pics?

LaRae

This is just my guesstimation but I'm thinking that this portrait was listed as being by Chris Jackson. The difference between a portrait and a picture is that the photographer gets to use his artisan skills to produce a finished product.

I kind of felt a sense of disappointment too in Charles and Camilla's choice of a portrait for their holiday card. I much prefer a picture over a portrait any day. But that's just me. :D

I think this photograph was taken in a room not in front of a backdrop. Maybe when they decided to release as a holiday card, they decided to white out the background. That is where I think some of the odd photoshopping looks comes from.

What catches my eye, beyond the mischievous glint in Charlotte's expression, is that George has one foot raised and William has his hands on George's shoulders, as if he was keeping his son from bolting off to run around. I think that's the second time we've seen William clearly keeping George in line for just a few minutes longer while posing for a family picture. Methinks George always has better, more interesting things to do with his time, lol.

It’s a lovely family picture but I agree with those who say that Kate’s face looks terribly photoshopped

They’re are adorable family. I bet George and Charlotte have them laughing all the time.

I don't get the photoshop...I mean we all know what she looks like in public so why bother with the 'doctoring' of pics?

LaRae

I agree. The photoshopping of Catherine's face is unnecessary. It's still a lovely photo though; the children look adorable.

The kids are positively adorable. Charlotte is going to be a mischevious elf it seems. George looks a bit more pensieve.

Kate is horribly photo shopped which is totally not required.

A little disappointed. Not only with the photoshopped portrait, but also that it is so old. I would have loved a nice seasonal photo. But the kids make up for some of it at least.

The kids are positively adorable. Charlotte is going to be a mischevious elf it seems. George looks a bit more pensieve.

Kate is horribly photo shopped which is totally not required.

A little disappointed. Not only with the photoshopped portrait, but also that it is so old. I would have loved a nice seasonal photo. But the kids make up for some of it at least.

The Cambridge’s do need to get a little more creative no doubt. The GQ photo shoot was a bit too spaced out, but it was relaxed.

This Christmas portrait was good, but if I was the photographer, I would set the scene of the kids helping mum and dad decorate the Christmas tree. Helping bake some Christmas cookies or even the family enjoying the festive season by the decorated fireplace.

The best holiday pictures comes from the family relaxing and enjoying the holidays.

Last edited:
There’s nothing Christmasy about it. Just cute kids.

Maybe they want Christmas photos to stay private which is understandable. We got a photo of the dear little family

:previous: Then they shouldn't release a 'Christmas photo'. :ermm:

No one is asking they share a photo from their private Christmas celebrations. But having some kind of Christmas feel at all. An actual family photo, not a portrait infront of a white screen. I look at the photos of Victoria and her family in Sweden as a great example. Or if they don't want to be intrusive to the kids, don't have a professional photographer do it. Have family, like the first pics of George.

The Queen and Phillip, Charles and Camilla don’t do seasonal photos usually, so I’m confused why people are all up in arms about the Cambridges not doing the same thing.

All the moaning and groaning and comparing with others royal families isn’t going to change the fact that the British Royal Family doesn’t do that. And they’re hardly the only ones, take a look at the Spanish or the Belgian Christmas card this year.
Plenty of ordinary people don’t do the themed card either, about half of cards I get have photos from summer holidays or some other important family event from the previous year – baptism, wedding, university graduation, etc. never occurred to me that there was anything wrong with this.

I think the general "complaint" with this photo is more about it lacking any warmth or feeling in general. It just looks like a family posing and with that an air of that they "have" to. It looks too formal. Too stiff. They are laughing but something is off, I can't exactly describe it.
Perhaps it's because of the white background, or the all-matching clothes.

And we have seen informal photos of them, so it's not like they're unable to provide.

The Belgian family photos that they give out for Christmas always do have that warmth. I don't always like them, but they do provide in feeling. Spanish Royal Family are the same, I think. I don't follow them but I do see the family photo they annually release for Christmas and they also have a family air. I think that Felipe especially is very warm and a loving father.

That’s because the British royals very often come off a bit stiff in portraits. The samething happened in the official Cambridge wedding portraits.

Relaxed settings helps them relax in Pictures. Which is why I think it would be a Good idea of them taking their holiday photos doing some fun activity. Decorating the tree, admiring the Windsor Castle decorations or even playing with Lupo by the fireplace.

The picture they released was good, but the photoshopping of Catherine’s face wasn’t the best idea.

That’s because the British royals very often come off a bit stiff in portraits. The samething happened in the official Cambridge wedding portraits.

Relaxed settings helps them relax in Pictures. Which is why I think it would be a Good idea of them taking their holiday photos doing some fun activity. Decorating the tree, admiring the Windsor Castle decorations or even playing with Lupo by the fireplace.

The picture they released was good, but the photoshopping of Catherine’s face wasn’t the best idea.

Hmm, I only have that stiffness with William and Catherine. Not with his father, neither his brother. Not even with his grandparents. But that perhaps has to do with how I feel about Catherine.

But I agree about the wedding portraits, especially the one of just the two of them. It was so stiff that I didn't like it very much. The only one I truly liked was with the bridesmaids and pageboys. The sole informal one.

I'm not particularly fond of the picture and neither was I about last year's.
Perhaps you should write to Kensington Palace and offer your suggestions, maybe we will get more informal photos in the coming years - photos that do give a cosy feeling. Or, as we say in Dutch > gezellig :D

I suppose warmth is in the eye of the beholder. I like the photo and don’t think it’s stiff at all. Formal maybe but with warmth.

I’m not surprised by the people who don’t like it as they never like any Cambridge photos.

I don't see it as stiff not sure where that comes from? Formal yes however a very sweet picture I thought. William is holding onto George (as usual!), George has a foot up and ready to go! Charlotte is quite a charmer already!

LaRae

Hmm, I only have that stiffness with William and Catherine. Not with his father, neither his brother. Not even with his grandparents. But that perhaps has to do with how I feel about Catherine.

But I agree about the wedding portraits, especially the one of just the two of them. It was so stiff that I didn't like it very much. The only one I truly liked was with the bridesmaids and pageboys. The sole informal one.

I'm not particularly fond of the picture and neither was I about last year's.
Perhaps you should write to Kensington Palace and offer your suggestions, maybe we will get more informal photos in the coming years - photos that do give a cosy feeling. Or, as we say in Dutch > gezellig :D

The British royals are naturally stiff, starchy and formal. Put them in relaxed and fun settings; they simply melt in happiness. It’s what a photographer must do in order to get the best pictures out of them.

It’s true, we really don’t see the British royals doing seasonal Pictures. It’s not too late for them to start though.

The Cambridge’s are a beautiful family. They would produce the most adorable pictures for the Christmas holidays by doing a family activity. Like the ones they took on a ski holiday. Remember those pics? The kids posing with mum and dad in snowsuits and mum and dad hugging and throwing snowballs at each other. They were the best pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom