The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2021, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

Catherine has no choice if Catherine doesn't want to get castigated and cause a scandal like other public servants.

Still, be like Catherine.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Btw it is 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer that you are considered fully vax. July 3 for her. Also in the USA, close contact is 15 minutes less than 6 feet apart. The 15 minutes can be cumulative. Masks do not enter into it at all. Unfortunately I learned this when I got it last November. Then got mono just as I was recovering from COVID. Sick for 2 months

Old 07-06-2021, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
They are claiming she is fully vaccinated but how is that possible? She only just got her first dose 5 weeks ago, unless that wasn’t her first dose. And if, so why mislead?
I can't speak for the guidelines in the UK or what qualifies there as "fully vaccinated" but I do know that when I received my vaccine, I had to wait four weeks between shots. However, my husband and both of my sons only had to wait three weeks between theirs and they received their first shots about a month after I received my second. I would assume, based on the wording, that Catherine received her first shot five weeks ago, waited three weeks, and received her second shot two weeks ago. With two weeks after the second shot being considered "fully vaccinated" that would line up...
Old 07-06-2021, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
They made quite a big deal about her waiting her turn and doing all the recommended timetables. Why rush it now? It all seems odd. But I am sure they will explain it because no doubt people are going to question it.
To be fair I cannot see what there is to question, the UK government are encouraging people to come forward for the 2nd jab and not wait to be sent for. They see the two jabs as the way towards 'normal' living. I do not know if Kate has both jabs or the timescales, but if she has both there should be nothing to question or mislead on. There are ample supplies, nobody has missed out because she has had hers. As far as self isolation goes well that is a thorny subject at the moment here, there are various views on the need or not but that is another discussion.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:15 PM
Courtier

I hope this is in the right thread. Please move if not.

Looks like William has issued a strong statement about the racism faced by the players who missed the penalties last night.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...england-latest
Old 07-12-2021, 04:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I hope this is in the right thread. Please move if not.

Looks like William has issued a strong statement about the racism faced by the players who missed the penalties last night.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...england-latest
Good. Sadly, this isn’t the first time William has had to issue a statement on this; I hope he, and every other high profile individual in a position to speak out, continues to do so. About the racism especially, yes, but also more generally about the abuse of all kinds directed at these athletes. I mean, there are people I worry about more than extraordinarily well paid young men who are probably treated like gods 95% of the time, and being able to tune out a certain level of craziness from fans is part of the job at that level, but that doesn’t give some so called “fans” the right to create a never ending cesspit of vitriol and hate.

It makes it worse that some of the players are so young, IMO. When you’ve got someone who’s not even really an adult yet who has played his heart out, only to lose in one of the worst ways possible - I’m sure these guys are already feeling miserable. What are people trying to do by subjecting them to this kind of bigotry?
Old 07-13-2021, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw their statement and I feel like it was genuine.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/roya...153000856.html
Old 07-13-2021, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post

I think it was too.

That article was incredibly nasty towards them. Partially thanks to The Interview. Not to go OT, but it sure helped fan the flames.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Good. Sadly, this isn’t the first time William has had to issue a statement on this; I hope he, and every other high profile individual in a position to speak out, continues to do so. About the racism especially, yes, but also more generally about the abuse of all kinds directed at these athletes.
It's not just athletes - it's people in entertainment, "influencers", politicians, all sorts of people, and it's racism, misogyny, anti-Semitism, homophobia ... everything. And it's happening in a lot of countries - black French footballers were subjected to similar abuse last week. The social media companies really need to do more about it. I appreciate that it's very difficult when someone is using a social media name rather than their own name, and possibly a random e-mail address which isn't their usual personal e-mail address, but it really is horrible. There've been big shows of support for the players concerned, but no-one should have to put up with that in the first place.

I'm sure that William and Kate are completely genuine in their comments about the abuse directed at Rashford, Saka and Sancho, and I really don't see why Yahoo are trying to make this about Meghan. Makes for better headlines, I suppose!

Some people are just nasty. There've even been nasty remarks on social media making fun of George looking upset. Why would you make fun of an upset 7-year-old child?
Old 07-13-2021, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post

If that's what passes for journalism with Yahoo...

Lots of nasty innuendo and sanctimonious posturing with absolutely no proof of anything.

I think the statement that was released was genuine.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post

I'm sure that William and Kate are completely genuine in their comments about the abuse directed at Rashford, Saka and Sancho, and I really don't see why Yahoo are trying to make this about Meghan. Makes for better headlines, I suppose!

Some people are just nasty. There've even been nasty remarks on social media making fun of George looking upset. Why would you make fun of an upset 7-year-old child?

Agreed- I think anytime the media sees the opportunity to fan the flames between the Sussexes and the BRF- they take it because of the headlines and attention it generates. (And then do flattering articles in between.)

Ugh- how awful. I hope the Cambridge kids are taught from an early age to not read anything about themselves in the media/social media. To actually just block it all out.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

William's been tackling issues in football for years, including racism. It was even a part of his mental health and football documentary. It's part of his job as president. The issue really has nothing to do with the Sussexes. You can find horrific comments about *all* the BRF on twitter.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
William's been tackling issues in football for years, including racism. It was even a part of his mental health and football documentary. It's part of his job as president. The issue really has nothing to do with the Sussexes. You can find horrific comments about *all* the BRF on twitter.

I was thinking the same thing: it seems to be part of his job as president to address these issues specifically.

It’s not about the Sussexes, but trust the media to try and make it about them.

I stay far away from Twitter. But I can imagine.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

"The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted shopping with Prince George and Princess Charlotte for school supplies.

It’s being reported that George paid for his supplies with the allowance money he gets"

https://mobile.twitter.com/KaylaAdam...124294/photo/2
Old 09-15-2021, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted shopping with Prince George and Princess Charlotte for school supplies.

It’s being reported that George paid for his supplies with the allowance money he gets"

https://mobile.twitter.com/KaylaAdam...124294/photo/2
Good to see them out and about. They clearly stopped off at Smiggles on their way back from school.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:15 AM
Serene Highness

I remember Smiggle being popular when I was in primary and middle school, especially when it started opening in Sydney (first store was in Melbourne). The stationery were definitely on the gift lists for Secret Santa, because the items were considered "cool/"special", despite being more expensive than other supermarket/homeware brands.

Clearly, Smiggle is still a hit and definitely across the world.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
I remember Smiggle being popular when I was in primary and middle school, especially when it started opening in Sydney (first store was in Melbourne). The stationery were definitely on the gift lists for Secret Santa, because the items were considered "cool/"special", despite being more expensive than other supermarket/homeware brands.

Clearly, Smiggle is still a hit and definitely across the world.
Smiggle only made it to the UK 5-6 years ago, and its reach is limited so far.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:06 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge was seen being filmed at the London Eye today, September 15. The video will be shown at the climate change summit COP26:

** gtresnews gallery **