The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2021, 02:47 AM
Nobility

My bad.
Since the overall is about DoE funeral (and Oprah interview) and it's only May, when I spot January my brain thought it's January this year (without re-read the full sentence ). It's my bad habit, my eyes have been trained to spot numbers and letters next to it, then only skim the rest (I'm a STEM person with strong emphasize on the E)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I've seen old photos of her smoking.
Is it the 2012 topless photo?

I remember seeing paps picture of Catherine with a cigarette in her hand, either she's having a party or it's her usual "pub outing". Can't remember the exact year, but it was from her dating year (or maybe around the break up?). I don't recall seeing one post-marriage.

Old 06-19-2021, 04:25 AM
Nobility

Will Prince William and Kate Middleton move George to a Berkshire boarding school? Royal couple are scoping out facilities and homes amid a possible move to the county

It's DM, so take it with grain of salt. OTOH, it's Rebecca English so she may have something there. But here's some key points if you avoiding DM (like I usually do).
Quote:
(...)

In recent weeks the couple’s discreet inquiries about – and visits to – future schools for their children in Kate’s home county have set local tongues wagging.

Sources are at pains to stress that any changes for the family will have no effect on their set-up at Kensington Palace.

It will remain their London home and office even after they become Prince and Princess of Wales.

(...)

Some sources have speculated they could chose to rent privately in Berkshire as a short-term solution.

There are plenty of available properties on the Queen’s Windsor estate, they say.

But others have told the Mail the couple are likely to remain in London in term time, and this seems more likely.

In this case they are more likely to go for weekly or flexi-boarding options in Berkshire when the children are older as there is a plethora of highly rated boarding schools in the region.

And it means they could still use Anmer at weekends and holidays.

(...)

It is understood the couple are casting their net wider than just schools traditionally favoured by the Royal Family, although no firm decisions have been made. It is believed Ludgrove is not currently in the running for George.

A source said: ‘Nothing has been decided and of course they could very well decide to keep the children at Thomas’s, but William and Kate have recently visited schools in the Berkshire area, which has got a lot of people talking.’
Tbh, I can't see why the whole family need to move just because one child (possibly) attends some school far from home.

Old 06-19-2021, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

George and Charlotte just started school there, will be a few years before they finish that and go to secondairy school.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
George and Charlotte just started school there, will be a few years before they finish that and go to secondairy school.
You often still "put your name down" as interested for public school/senior school a few years before you are due to potentially go there. So I think it's possible they're at least considering some schools for George.

I do think they will want something that offers at least weekly/flexi boarding because of their schedules which are likely to get busier in the next few years and the potential for their children to be normal and just one of the crowd. Though maybe not Eton which only takes full boarders.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:31 AM
Majesty

I'd say they'll opt for weekly boarding for their children. I think they are not likely to want to have the kids away from home for months at a time but of course as time goes on they will be busier and away from home more, so it will be good for the children to have a settled place where they can stay and be with their friends.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Didn't William went to Ludgrove School when he's 8 years old before attending Eton at 13 yo?

I think that's why this story emerges, George will be 8 next month so there's a question of whether he would follow the pattern similar to his father (the article states that Ludgrove is not in the run though.

Still, the speculation about the whole family move to Berkshire is rather questionable. I mean, what about Louis and Charlotte schooling if they move?
Old 06-19-2021, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness

Why did William change school at 8? And is there a reason why George would need to do so too?
Old 06-19-2021, 08:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Why did William change school at 8? And is there a reason why George would need to do so too?
Wiliam went to school at 8 because at the time, upper class kids did go to boarding school quite early..
Old 06-19-2021, 10:54 AM
Nobility

I wonder if they have seen the life the Wessex kids have had being close to London but still going to schools out of the city and maybe thinking of doing the same. I don’t think the Wessex kids board. I have a feeling the Cambridge kids won’t. I think they may move - good schools, close to the Middletons if Catherine and William are away.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I'd say they'll opt for weekly boarding for their children. I think they are not likely to want to have the kids away from home for months at a time but of course as time goes on they will be busier and away from home more, so it will be good for the children to have a settled place where they can stay and be with their friends.
They might; especially when the kids are older. But why can't that 'settled place' be home? It's not that they don't have nannies etc who can stay with them when William and Catherine might be gone.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:01 PM
Commoner

I may be wrong, but didn't HRH The Duke of Cambridge enjoy boarding school? And I think HRH The Duchess of Cambridge was bullied at one boarding school and thrived in another? If that's the case, then both of them would probably be okay with a long-term boarding school for their kids.

Could the children stay with their grandparents while HRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are working if their future school is in Berkshire?
Old 06-19-2021, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

Catherine first was a day student at an all-girls boarding school and was (allegedly) bullied. She was only there a short time and then became a boarder at a coeducational boarding school, where her peers have said she was happy and well-liked. By all known accounts, William loved Eton and was happy at Ludgrove.

The Cambridges strike me as the type of parents who like to research and map out schooling options years in advance. I would be surprised if they boarded George as young as 8, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are looking at options for when he is a preteen.

It would be odd to me if they were seriously considering a third home, even as a rental. But I guess time will tell.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
They might; especially when the kids are older. But why can't that 'settled place' be home? It's not that they don't have nannies etc who can stay with them when William and Catherine might be gone.
I think home can be their "settled place" with Nanny Maria but weekly boarding or Flexi boarding is also an opportunity to be just one of the crowd where you all have to do chores and prep and get up and go to bed at the same time etc. There's nothing "special" about you after a while. That's more difficult if you're going home to a palace every night. And you do get to know your friends in a very different way than if you're a day pupil.

The young Wessexes both attend schools that have boarding options so it's possible they've done flexi boarding at times.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Wishing fathers everywhere a happy Father’s Day"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1406530248217403400

The Duke of Cambridge with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at the Run Sandringham today

https://mobile.twitter.com/cambridge...989581/photo/2
https://mobile.twitter.com/cambridge...546177/photo/2

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...thers-Day.html
Old 06-20-2021, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Wishing fathers everywhere a happy Father’s Day"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1406530248217403400

The Duke of Cambridge with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at the Run Sandringham today

https://mobile.twitter.com/cambridge...989581/photo/2
https://mobile.twitter.com/cambridge...546177/photo/2

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...thers-Day.html

This is all lovely. The card honoring Philip, Charles, Michael and William is wonderful. Have we seen that photo of William and the kids before? It’s super cute.

What a fun event for William, George and Charlotte to participate in. Love all the pics.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Love that father's day card of the Cambridges
Old 07-05-2021, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge is self-isolating after coming into close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus. She will have to isolate for 10 days from last Friday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vid-scare.html
Old 07-05-2021, 05:43 AM
Gentry

William and Kate were to attend a service of thanksgiving at St Paul's today, to thank the NHS, and were then to host a Big Tea at Buckingham Palace for them. Now William will have to do it alone. Not sure why he wouldn't have to self-isolate too?
Old 07-05-2021, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wishing the Duchess of Cambridge well.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by winifred View Post
William and Kate were to attend a service of thanksgiving at St Paul's today, to thank the NHS, and were then to host a Big Tea at Buckingham Palace for them. Now William will have to do it alone. Not sure why he wouldn't have to self-isolate too?
Perhaps he's been tested and is OK....