The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2021, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

^They make a good point- perhaps Mexit is a partial driver behind this.

If so- they’ve done well IMO.

Old 05-05-2021, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Loved the video they did together. Having fun together and joking around. They glow in each other's company. <3

Old 05-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
This sounds interesting.

Their communications team has really been busy.
You are right! It looks like their communications team is using their 10th anniversary to really publicize them and start some new things - love the video of C correcting W - lol!
Old 05-05-2021, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
This sounds interesting.

Their communications team has really been busy.
Very busy and I'm really liking their work too.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:53 PM

With the Youtube channel and Instagram username change, the Cambridges are *really* trying to modernize. Tbh it feels like they're trying a bit too hard to be relatable, but given the current state of affairs within the BRF I can see why they're doing a re-brand. Curious to see how this turns out for them.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge they have their own Youtube Channel!
I wonder, how they will deal in the future with the commentaries function: On or Off? Will they moderate?

From time to time there is much hatred on social media - against royals too. So, I see this social media campaign as double edged...

But as long as they don't dance on TikTok...
Old 05-05-2021, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofkingsandqueens View Post
With the Youtube channel and Instagram username change, the Cambridges are *really* trying to modernize. Tbh it feels like they're trying a bit too hard to be relatable, but given the current state of affairs within the BRF I can see why they're doing a re-brand. Curious to see how this turns out for them.
To be honest, they needed too. Quite a few polls have come out showing the BRF as a whole are having issues being relatable to the 18-35 year old age group. Instead, the BRF finally realised the Cambridge's are the future of the BRF and need to rebrand them, especially for the US and international market. At the moment, Prince Harry and Megan are trying to market themselves as the BRF in the US - the comms department of the BRF needed to re-pivot.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
I wonder, how they will deal in the future with the commentaries function: On or Off? Will they moderate?

From time to time there is much hatred on social media - against royals too. So, I see this social media campaign as double edged...

But as long as they don't dance on TikTok...
The comms department can pick and choose when to switch off comments. At the moment, the comments are helping them gauge its popularity
Old 05-05-2021, 05:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
You are right! It looks like their communications team is using their 10th anniversary to really publicize them and start some new things - love the video of C correcting W - lol!
Their youtube page shows that they joined on 7 Oct 2020, so seems like they did time it until after their anniversary.

Though, wouldn't it be sweeter if the first uploaded video was their (family) anni video? That would attract more viewer.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
^They make a good point- perhaps Mexit is a partial driver behind this.

If so- they’ve done well IMO.
They had to deal with two unexpected events in the last couple of years - Harry and Meghan leaving, as well as COVID and all the changes that brought. They wouldn’t have chosen to have any of this happen, but a crisis can present an opportunity for growth and creativity.

William and Kate, and their team, decided to rise to the occasion. They didn’t spend time spinning their wheels and they didn’t get sidetracked by Harry and Meghan’s nonsense.

I don’t agree with The Guardian’s thought that William and Kate see The Sussexes as rivals, but I think Harry and Meghan taking off forced the team at Kensington Palace to really take stock of everything William and Kate bring to the table, because everything’s on them now. The way I see it, the team is doing a better job of highlighting various strengths that The Cambridges have always had.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think your assessment is pretty spot on, camelot23ca. When the going got a bit tough, the Cambridges got going. They looked into and found different ways and means of doing things that don't seem like they're being "innovative" and "different" or "controversial" but things that seem to naturally flow from the times that the world has endured for the past year or so because of the pandemic. As more people worked from home and kids did online classes via a computer and "Zoom", more people have discovered the benefits of YouTube and online channels.

It's such a good way to personally reach so many people all at one time.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:02 AM
Serene Highness

As a person who regularly watches Youtube (and hardly watch TV), I'm very excited about The Duke and Duchess of Cambridges's Youtube channel.

I enjoyed watching the short introductory video, which shows the fun side and chemistry between William and Catherine.

Unlike the Royal Family's Youtube channel, The Cambridge's have not turn off the comment section.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:07 AM
Courtier

HM, many years ago, was said to have despaired over her Mother's and Diana's popularity. They were crowd-pleasers and she was the boring one stuck in the middle of 2 superstars.

Let's hope the PoW sees this pattern and relaxes.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:01 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
To be honest, they needed too. Quite a few polls have come out showing the BRF as a whole are having issues being relatable to the 18-35 year old age group. Instead, the BRF finally realised the Cambridge's are the future of the BRF and need to rebrand them, especially for the US and international market. At the moment, Prince Harry and Megan are trying to market themselves as the BRF in the US - the comms department of the BRF needed to re-pivot.
What the US thinks of the Cambridges and the royal family couldn't matter less.

Nobody in the UK is going to think "Oh what a disaster, Americans don't like our royals. We must immediately get rid of them - or get Harry and Meghan to take over."

Popularity for individual members comes and goes as they grow up and grow old. If the institution is still valued it will survive. If it's not, it won't.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
As a person who regularly watches Youtube (and hardly watch TV), I'm very excited about The Duke and Duchess of Cambridges's Youtube channel.

I enjoyed watching the short introductory video, which shows the fun side and chemistry between William and Catherine.

Unlike the Royal Family's Youtube channel, The Cambridge's have not turn off the comment section.
Excuse me, but have u understood what exactly they said in the end of the video? Is it about rolling R or voweling R?
Old 05-06-2021, 11:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
HM, many years ago, was said to have despaired over her Mother's and Diana's popularity. They were crowd-pleasers and she was the boring one stuck in the middle of 2 superstars.

Do you really think the queen is so vain????
Old 05-06-2021, 11:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by winifred View Post
What the US thinks of the Cambridges and the royal family couldn't matter less.

Nobody in the UK is going to think "Oh what a disaster, Americans don't like our royals. We must immediately get rid of them - or get Harry and Meghan to take over."

Popularity for individual members comes and goes as they grow up and grow old. If the institution is still valued it will survive. If it's not, it won't.
Im not quite sure how Harry and M can market themselves as teh BRF in America.. since the US is a republic and tehy are no longer members of the working BRF.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Loved the video they did together. Having fun together and joking around. They glow in each other's company. <3
Yes, and no complaints about anybody :)
they really look relaxed, happy and peacefully resting in their marriage.

Compared to other european royals, as being danish from birth I so far know the most about the scandinavian royals, W&K are doing a good step for the future of the monarchy. In Scandinavia people relate still strongly to their royals, but beside many other effects, the royals are more relaxed and connect strongly with their people using social media for quite a long time now. W&K's YT channel is highly appreciated, if I may tell my british husband's opinion aswell.

May they remain healthy and happy with their children and
thanks for their service to the people.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love this so much ! I’m laughing at William not having a clue, and I just love that Kate is encouraging continued closeness between father and son. 😍😍😍

Quote:
The pair then chatted about gardening during the visit on Thursday, with His Royal Highness telling Brian: “My wife does all the gardening.

“I really like it but I have no idea what I’m doing.”

Brian said afterwards: “He told me Kate is getting him into gardening. She’s going to get him Monty Don’s book.

“He said she wants to get him into it because Charles is into it, so it’s something for them to enjoy together. He was so down to earth, such a nice man.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...s-b933621.html
Old 05-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post

I don't think HM cares about that, to be honest. N this whole "superstar" came with lots of drama, and the Queen doesn't like drama. The Queen likes to be respected, I think.