The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2021, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey 1904 View Post
Nothing about the Cambridges’ 10th anniversary?

?

The last 20 posts in this thread are about that.....

Old 04-29-2021, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
How wonderful!
Congratulations to the couple.

I think their communications team has been doing a great job on their social media, especially since the pandemic started.

Totally agree. Their communications team has been amazing.

Great Video and very nice of them to share! What a lovely family.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
How wonderful!
Congratulations to the couple.

I think their communications team has been doing a great job on their social media, especially since the pandemic started.
They are doing a great job both in highlighting the work the couple does and in fostering a sense of connection to the Cambridge family. Their best qualities are showcased, without trying to make them seem super human.

I’ve also appreciated that, whenever appropriate, humour and laughter are emphasized. The pandemic has been hard for everyone and, for me, seeing simple things like Kate laughing at William’s golf swing has been refreshing.

I thought the video was sweet. To me, George is a real mix of the Middletons, the Spencers and the Windsors. Charlotte looks like William now, (I think if she had her father’s colouring the resemblance would be much more obvious), while Louis is all Middleton. They’re all cute kids.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

This couple has been exemplary from the start ! And her family too, an exemple of good behaviour !
Old 04-29-2021, 07:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey 1904 View Post
Nothing about the Cambridges’ 10th anniversary?
The last two pages have been discussing the two images William and Catherine released to celebrate their anniversary and then the video they also released to say thank you for the warm wishes they have received.

May I ask what were you expecting?
Old 04-29-2021, 07:55 PM
Nobility

Great video, so nice to see the family.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

The family video is very sweet and a lovely, unexpected gesture on their part. Happy times when children are that age! Wonderful to see them enjoy family life so much!
Old 04-29-2021, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
They are doing a great job both in highlighting the work the couple does and in fostering a sense of connection to the Cambridge family. Their best qualities are showcased, without trying to make them seem super human.

I’ve also appreciated that, whenever appropriate, humour and laughter are emphasized. The pandemic has been hard for everyone and, for me, seeing simple things like Kate laughing at William’s golf swing has been refreshing.

I thought the video was sweet. To me, George is a real mix of the Middletons, the Spencers and the Windsors. Charlotte looks like William now, (I think if she had her father’s colouring the resemblance would be much more obvious), while Louis is all Middleton. They’re all cute kids.
I couldn't agree more. I really enjoy seeing the Cambridges out and about in nature - just like I love seeing Charles and Camilla out and about. There's something endearing about seeing Royals (especially with the kids) being so down to earth and relaxed...

Louis' hair is lightening up, making him look more like George all the time.......
Old 04-29-2021, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Oh that's a shame Alisa I think it is lovely.
No worries. Tastes differ. The scenes are lovely. For me, it just looks too produced and Hollywoodized- as though it was a commercial or the trailer from a movie.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

What a great video of the Cambridges enjoying outdoor activities!

I was not expecting a video as a thank you, so it was a very pleasant surprised!
Old 04-30-2021, 02:34 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the link.
A very nice way to thank the wellwishers.
I see a very happy couple, how good to know they are satisfied with each other!
Nice to see how natural and spontaneously their children act,
I admire how normal William and Kate raise them.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
No worries. Tastes differ. The scenes are lovely. For me, it just looks too produced and Hollywoodized- as though it was a commercial or the trailer from a movie.
I respect your opinion of course.
But why judge because somebody knows how to do things a proper way?
Kate is known for loving to photograph and the RF has been taping their private life for generations, just think of HM.
I would not know how to cut a film or anything due to my rather poor experience with it.

Have a nice day Alisa
Old 04-30-2021, 03:22 AM
Nobility

The Telegraph (behind paywall), by Ben Fogle (an English broadcaster, writer and adventurer, ambassador for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and Tusk):

My day as a guest at William and Kate's 'wedding of the decade'

Quote:
(...)
The service was beautiful. We were close to the front. The only sign that we had been joined by 160 million others watching on their televisions was the distant roar of the crowd when the couple kissed. That gave me goosebumps. It was a reminder that this was no ordinary wedding.

We were transported to the reception at Buckingham Palace on coaches. It felt like being on a school trip, except that our phones were sealed into security bags and checked into a cloakroom. Yet it was surprisingly relaxed. I had a chat with Princess Anne about our trip to the island of St Helena and to then Prime Minister David Cameron about our favourite coffee shop in North Kensington (Adrianas). Over English sparkling wine, I spoke to the Middletons, and to Prince Charles about our shared passion for hedge laying.

There were jokes about receding hairlines in the speeches and Elton played the piano while we ate South Uist salmon.

It was at this point that Marina had a wobble and collapsed, feeling faint, onto a golden chair in a room full of Royals. It was surreal – and quite amusing. I held her hand as we walked downstairs to the garden for the most memorable part of the reception.

Prince Charles’s classic Aston Martin was waiting, complete with tin cans. Quite suddenly, Marina and I found ourselves surrounded by senior members of the Royal family (I was next to the Queen) as Catherine threw her bouquet. We chucked flower petals and rice as they drove away and I remember worrying that it might scratch the paintwork.

(...)

Several weeks after their wedding, we received a handwritten parcel containing a tin of cake from Prince Charles; the cake that is now in our safe.

Doesn’t time fly? It seems incredible that a decade has passed since the big day and since Iona, who had the good grace not to appear at the wedding itself, arrived just a few weeks later – almost exactly the same age as the slice of cake she will one day inherit.
Ok, I know it's fruitcake, but keeping it as souvenir? And for how long?
If it's me, I'd eat the cake (it's cake, why wasting it? ) and keep the tin as a keepsake.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
The Telegraph (behind paywall), by Ben Fogle (an English broadcaster, writer and adventurer, ambassador for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and Tusk):

My day as a guest at William and Kate's 'wedding of the decade'

Ok, I know it's fruitcake, but keeping it as souvenir? And for how long?
If it's me, I'd eat the cake (it's cake, why wasting it? ) and keep the tin as a keepsake.
well, depends if the safe is in the fridge LOL
Old 04-30-2021, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

Traditionally you can keep fruitcake for years - the top of the wedding cake was often used as the christening cake for the first child, although after a certain point in time these days you're not going to eat it.

I do think that video is a little like you're expecting a John Lewis Waitrose logo to appear but it is extremely adorable none the less. I think they're doing a good job with their social media at the moment and letting us peak at the family without sacrificing their privacy too much.
Old 04-30-2021, 04:29 PM
Commoner

Lovely video. It’s nice to see a happy Royal marriage. I can see the Cambridges fulfilling the roles of monarchs beautifully when the time comes.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge they have their own Youtube Channel!

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%..._Il6hWzjEw&s=1
Old 05-05-2021, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

The only influencers I care about !
Old 05-05-2021, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

This sounds interesting.

Their communications team has really been busy.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

They seem to have changed all their SM handles from "Kensington Royal" to DukeandDuchessofCambridge as well.

So I'm assuming this is going to be like the other "royal family" channels from various news outlets except official and have clips of their visits and other announcements?

Their comms team certainly has been busy and there's an effort to make things interesting rather than dry.

Looks like the Guardian's "The Cambridges are Having a Good Megixt" potentially hit on something.

Quote:
So, perhaps Megxit did them a favour – it was the thunderclap that woke them up. Every strong brand needs a rival and the Cambridges appear to have found theirs.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...te-and-william