The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Apparently that is a program on ITV called "The Day William and Kate Got Married" in which different people recall their experiences from the day. Does anyone know if it will be shown in the US or if it might show up on you tube?

Old 04-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Bradby had moved on from royal reporting by the time of Harry and Meghan and had been replaced by Ship. He had nothing to loose and was after the story.

Hopefully what's his face, the book writer, also k ow that his royal reporting days are essentially over.
Iím not sure why that should make a difference...it doesnít to me. William wasnít expecting Bradby to show favoritism to him, but Iím sure he expected him to be professional. As far as Iím concerned, Bradby is H and Mís mouthpiece, like Gayle King seems to be...and heís enabled H and M to take pot shots at and damage Williamís family, personally and as regards the institution of the Monarchy

Old 04-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Apparently that is a program on ITV called "The Day William and Kate Got Married" in which different people recall their experiences from the day. Does anyone know if it will be shown in the US or if it might show up on you tube?
It was a nice programme with the cake maker and dress embroider, police, photographer.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Iím not sure why that should make a difference...it doesnít to me. William wasnít expecting Bradby to show favoritism to him, but Iím sure he expected him to be professional. As far as Iím concerned, Bradby is H and Mís mouthpiece, like Gayle King seems to be...and heís enabled H and M to take pot shots at and damage Williamís family, personally and as regards the institution of the Monarchy
He really doesn't say anything about them now he presents the news
Old 04-08-2021, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He really doesn't say anything about them now he presents the news
Maybe so, but it’s too late.....clearly William feels he can’t trust Bradby any longer, for good reasons.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Maybe so, but itís too late.....clearly William feels he canít trust Bradby any longer, for good reasons.
Im surprised that Will is friends with any kind of journalist....
Old 04-08-2021, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im surprised that Will is friends with any kind of journalist....
I doubt he does. He has far more sense and ruthless self awareness.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I doubt he does. He has far more sense and ruthless self awareness.
I think this is probably mostly the case but I also think that while I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be "friends" I do think he has some reporters that he's relatively comfortable around and maybe has a cordial and very workable relationship with. I think Bradby was one of these just like we know that Arthur Edwards is, too. Remember that after at least two of the children were born there's video of him pointing Edwards out to Catherine and saying something like "oh there's Arthur, too" and they specifically asked for Bradby to do their engagement interview.

So anyway, all of that to say, I don't know that I would believe that he's besties with any reporter but I do think he's much more friendly with some and now Bradby is no longer on that list.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I think this is probably mostly the case but I also think that while I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be "friends" I do think he has some reporters that he's relatively comfortable around and maybe has a cordial and very workable relationship with. I think Bradby was one of these just like we know that Arthur Edwards is, too. Remember that after at least two of the children were born there's video of him pointing Edwards out to Catherine and saying something like "oh there's Arthur, too" and they specifically asked for Bradby to do their engagement interview.

So anyway, all of that to say, I don't know that I would believe that he's besties with any reporter but I do think he's much more friendly with some and now Bradby is no longer on that list.
Well neither would be around him anymore. He isn't on the royal beat. I mean this isn't a break in a relationship.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Dan Wooten writes an open letter to Prince William regarding Tom Bradby and the Sussexes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...e-William.html
Old 04-08-2021, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinka View Post
I won't post link to Daily Fail article, but the letter written by Dan Wootton to prince William is pretty disturbing.

''Many old friends of Harry I have spoken to are convinced he will come back to you and Great Britain, but it's going to take him some time to work out the mistakes he's made and how he's let you down.''

This sense of ownership over royal bodies that certain portion of british public feel is getting out of control.

I have noticed a certain omission in this ''Harry come back home'' narrative that is being thrown around passionately.Archie's name is never mentioned . As if people expect Harry to leave his kid ( soon to be 2 kids) in USA and come home alone.

Disturbing to watch and read.

I've just read the article and it's basically a rehash of all the articles on the brothers' continuously talked about rift except addressed to William in order to be something a bit different. Dan Wotton of all people isn't being a mediator here and neither are going to listen to him.

I don't think anyone expects or wants Harry to abandon his two children if he and Meghan break up and it would be worse to start trying to play custody lawyer "and Harry can bring Archie and Doriana with him..". And his friends and family "wanting him back" doesn't mean he actually has to physically leave the US either, just start an honest conversation about their issues without telling the world would be a start.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

If you read the article, William was actually real friends with Bradby - this is not a case of his being pleasant and cordial with him. They were so close that Bradby

Quote:
William was once so close with Bradby that he was chosen to conduct the November 2010 engagement exclusive interview with him and Kate. Bradby went on to attend the nuptials at Westminster Abbey as a guest.
I guess most on here donít bother reading the Mail articles, but I was not going to post a recap of this from the Mirror, Sun or any other paper. This was the original article, and thatís why I posted it.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Dan Wooten writes an open letter to Prince William regarding Tom Bradby and the Sussexes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...e-William.html
Of course he used the letter to rip Charles...but, overall, heís right.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If you read the article, William was actually real friends with Bradby - this is not a case of his being pleasant and cordial with him. They were so close that Bradby

I guess most on here donít bother reading the Mail articles, but I was not going to post a recap of this from the Mirror, Sun or any other paper. This was the original article, and thatís why I posted it.
I did actually read the article. In fact, I tend to read a lot of articles from a lot of sources and that sometimes does include the DM. I guess my point here is that while I do believe they were friendly and certainly had a very comfortable relationship both personally and professionally, I wouldn't really expect them to be seen knocking back drinks in the pub together. I personally believe there are many different levels of friendship and while I do believe that William is capable of and probably does have some "friends" in the press, including at one time Bradby, I still wouldn't really consider them friends of the sort that you plan a game night with and sit around for chatting and wine with the wives. I don't blame William a bit for cutting off Bradby after the behavior of the last year and a half or so but I think it's also important to note that one can be friendly and even "friends" without being especially close. That would include being invited to the wedding. There were a couple thousand people there. While I certainly think they were friendly, again, I don't think they were hanging out on the weekends kind of friendly. Also, if you note, I too commented on the fact that he was hand-picked by the Cambridges to conduct their engagement interview.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

I don't think anyone expects or wants Harry to abandon his two children if he and Meghan break up and it would be worse to start trying to play custody lawyer "and Harry can bring Archie and Doriana with him..". And his friends and family "wanting him back" doesn't mean he actually has to physically leave the US either, just start an honest conversation about their issues without telling the world would be a start.
I don't think there is a reapproahment on the cards for anyone. And I don't know if there ever will be. But people have to move on and sad as that is the relationships with his family and friends are over. That they may in time reform into something else is always a possibility.

I have never known any relationships end be discussed before it was officially cemented. But it was. Harry stands as much chance as the rest of us of making his marriage work. And we shouldn't discuss its fate really. That it has brought about the rupture of other persons al relationships is dreadfully sad for the people involved but not unknown. Particularly as many of the people involved didn't do anything and just watched as someone pulled away from them . Never easy. But I think we underestimate the dignity that they have behaved with...excusing that bit of a faux pa made by Rose Astor. I think they have all, the Cambridges included, behaved with hugh dignity. Not the Sussexes obviously. As for honest conversations. Well this isn't a breakdown, in many cases, it was a cutting off. So sadly I dont knowing there is much to discuss.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I did actually read the article. In fact, I tend to read a lot of articles from a lot of sources and that sometimes does include the DM. I guess my point here is that while I do believe they were friendly and certainly had a very comfortable relationship both personally and professionally, I wouldn't really expect them to be seen knocking back drinks in the pub together. I personally believe there are many different levels of friendship and while I do believe that William is capable of and probably does have some "friends" in the press, including at one time Bradby, I still wouldn't really consider them friends of the sort that you plan a game night with and sit around for chatting and wine with the wives. I don't blame William a bit for cutting off Bradby after the behavior of the last year and a half or so but I think it's also important to note that one can be friendly and even "friends" without being especially close. That would include being invited to the wedding. There were a couple thousand people there. While I certainly think they were friendly, again, I don't think they were hanging out on the weekends kind of friendly. Also, if you note, I too commented on the fact that he was hand-picked by the Cambridges to conduct their engagement interview.

I donít think, as a future King, you have to hang out with someone in pubs or have game night with wives in order to be good friends, especially if your friend is a journalist. This is semantics to me, though. They were friends ti such an extent that William trusted Bradby a great deal, and Bradby broke that trust.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:29 PM
Gentry

I think that William always believed that private family conversations would remain private. And I think, in particular, Harry had to know that in advance of some of the choices he made last month. So I'm not surprised that William is ending any personal relationships with journalists at the moment.

Personally, I am predicting that Gayle King's statement about the brothers' conversation being unproductive may have hurt William more than anything else that was shared and will be the biggest obstacle for William and Harry's future relationship. I thought that the Cambridges were becoming more relaxed and open with journalists over the past two years, and now I think we will see them pull back again.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
I think that William always believed that private family conversations would remain private. And I think, in particular, Harry had to know that in advance of some of the choices he made last month. So I'm not surprised that William is ending any personal relationships with journalists at the moment.

Personally, I am predicting that Gayle King's statement about the brothers' conversation being unproductive may have hurt William more than anything else that was shared and will be the biggest obstacle for William and Harry's future relationship. I thought that the Cambridges were becoming more relaxed and open with journalists over the past two years, and now I think we will see them pull back again.
I think Charles also isnít likely to talk to Harry about anything more then frivolitiew. I agree that William might pull back from becoming friendly with media, but Harry will still use his own favorites to get his message across.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I agree entirely. While the rest of it has all been no doubt hurtful, I'd venture to say that the Gayle King statement about the conversation is what really drove home that this may be an irreparable breach in the relationship. This really is, from everything we've ever heard about these brothers and their circles, the ultimate unforgivable action.

We may see them pull back or we may not...I haven't quite made up my mind about whether I think they'll pull back in a bit of a self-defensive mode or whether they'll intentionally keep the relaxed and open front so that it becomes clear that they're not going to constantly spend their days on defense and dwelling on the drama and venom that may be thrown at them.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Quote:
I agree entirely. While the rest of it has all been no doubt hurtful, I'd venture to say that the Gayle King statement about the conversation is what really drove home that this may be an irreparable breach in the relationship. This really is, from everything we've ever heard about these brothers and their circles, the ultimate unforgivable action.
I agree, hearing the US media about talk what should have remained a private conversation between the family would, no doubt, cause a lot of concern at CH and KP. It also reinforces the extent to whih Meghan and Harry are willing to weaponise their increasingly broken relationship with the BRF in their pursuit to present themselves as the victims here. Deeply distasteful, IMO!