The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree. Plus it is up to the individual when he wants things known and at what time, otherwise every political human would be required to give an accounting of their medical position whenever asked by media. So that means that everyone in Parliament and House would be required to give their health status immediately when asked. After all they are the ones passing the laws of the land and running the citizen's lives......not the Royals. To people now saying "Oh he lied and we can never again believe" please, look into the mirror. To me this held back illness was nothing as it didn't harm anyone and he didn't go into public at that time or did his family. More than I can say about others. He didn't break any law, but certain other politicians did with their traveling, etc. and god knows how many people they infected doing so. This is all just political nonsense now and I admire William for coming out and saying that he was ill back 7 months ago. He certainly didn't have to admit and no one would have ever known. Gives the public hope that when they too come down with this crap that they know it is not a death card. Life does get back to normal. Just my personal opinion
The media needs to understand that just because they ASK, doesn’t mean they should GET the full answer they want THAT moment ...if we held everyone to that standard, it would mean that the media is in control of public figures’ lives (because the public figures would be “forced” to respond despite their wishes”).

This isn’t the British version of Watergate - William withholding the information and KP lying at the time didn’t hurt the system, didn’t hurt the public. William is not in a position of power; he has the right to decide when he wants to reveal anything about his private life, including the fact that he had COVID.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:47 PM
Majesty

[...]

Why couldn't they say that they would not comment on the health/Covid-infection of any other members than the Queen and the PoW - unless hospitalization was involved? That would be truthful without revealing whether anyone was infected. It might still have raised speculations but it would be truthful without providing information they were not willing to share at that point. [...]

Old 11-02-2020, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
It's actually contact tracing not contract tracing and was most likely done. I am sorry to hear Prince William apparently had covid but he is well again and to our knowledge no one else in the Cambridge household contracted the disease. Moving on...
Thank you for point out my typo, of course it is contact tracing and not contract tracing that I meant!
Old 11-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
[..]

Why couldn't they say that they would not comment on the health/Covid-infection of any other members than the Queen and the PoW - unless hospitalization was involved? That would be truthful without revealing whether anyone was infected. It might still have raised speculations but it would be truthful without providing information they were not willing to share at that point. [...]
[...] There have been many rumours that HM and Prince Phillip have been more ill than they're letting on to the public over the years and as long as the people who need to know both officially and family wise know, then so be it. If the worst happened and someone died then things would swing into action at that point anyway, no use dozens of panicking outrageous headlines before that. Of course if the person involved wanted to make an official announcement, that's different.

Could they have done things slightly differently and said no comment or informed people earlier than now, of course and maybe they should have but I don't think it's that big a deal.

[...]

Personal/family issues get an official "no comment" for the most part and most people believe what they're going to about William vs Harry or William's suitability to be King or any other rumours without anything official from KP. Journalists writing from leaks or "leaks" from real insiders is taken as gossip anyway.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
I’m glad William didn’t announce it. He’s not an elected official, the Queen or Pow. He has the right to privacy! The RR are just upset that they didn’t get to break the story!

I completely agree. There was no reason to announce it. Charles is the heir, so I suppose it makes sense for him to announce, but William is a different story.

[...]
Old 11-02-2020, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

I agree - what a fuss about nothing. Neither Charles nor William were seriously ill, thankfully. They did not need hospital treatment. Their lives were never in danger.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:51 PM
Majesty

we dont relaly know. THe PTB were cagy about how ill Boris was, and I daresay the Palace were teh same about WIll and Charles...
Old 11-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
we dont relaly know. THe PTB were cagy about how ill Boris was, and I daresay the Palace were teh same about WIll and Charles...
It was pretty clear that Boris Johnson was seriously ill on Sunday when he was admitted to hospital. At that time, I also didn't understand why they would try to make it sound as if he was just going in for some tests... As that was clearly not the case and only made it clear things were much worse than they were willing to admit.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
You're right, according to Palmer, in 2018 when the Queen had Cataract Surgery, he "asked a senior royal aide whether there was any medical reason why the Queen had worn sunglasses to a number of events and that person told me no, it was just because it had been sunny." (quoted from his tweet). Only to be announced few weeks later that she had surgery.
I don't believe this to be a lie when it was stated "because it's sunny". I've recently had surgeries on both eyes for cataracts and other than the day of the surgeries, I never found the need to wear sunglasses afterwards. If HM had the same experience I did with the cataract procedures, it was in, done in 15-20 minutes, home again and using eye drops for a while.

So, she wore sunglasses because it was sunny. Her eyes probably felt fine and actually she probably felt that she could see so much better and colors were more vibrant and crisp. Her eyes *may* have been sensitive but there was no reason for a cover up that she'd had the cataract surgeries. The word "surgery" is actually a misnomer for the procedure although it is a "surgery". I'd describe it more like going to the doc's office and having a wart removed or needing a colonoscopy done. Not even close to life threatening "under the knife" kind of surgery.

Tip to anyone that is going to have cataract surgeries done: Take a music player with you with preferably Pink Floyd on it. You get some good "float me away" drugs and the procedure itself is like watching a Pink Floyd light show.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't believe this to be a lie when it was stated "because it's sunny". I've recently had surgeries on both eyes for cataracts and other than the day of the surgeries, I never found the need to wear sunglasses afterwards. If HM had the same experience I did with the cataract procedures, it was in, done in 15-20 minutes, home again and using eye drops for a while.

So, she wore sunglasses because it was sunny. Her eyes probably felt fine and actually she probably felt that she could see so much better and colors were more vibrant and crisp. Her eyes *may* have been sensitive but there was no reason for a cover up that she'd had the cataract surgeries. The word "surgery" is actually a misnomer for the procedure although it is a "surgery". I'd describe it more like going to the doc's office and having a wart removed or needing a colonoscopy done. Not even close to life threatening "under the knife" kind of surgery.

Tip to anyone that is going to have cataract surgeries done: Take a music player with you with preferably Pink Floyd on it. You get some good "float me away" drugs and the procedure itself is like watching a Pink Floyd light show.
So, if there was no reason for a cover up; why didn't they confirm that yes, her eyes are currently a bit more sensitive due to cataract surgeries? Given that in this example the question was about a medical reason (which it clearly was; she would not have worn those sunglasses had she not had surgery).

However, this discussion would probably be better for a different kind of topic about 'communication by the Palace' or so
Old 11-02-2020, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
So, if there was no reason for a cover up; why didn't they confirm that yes, her eyes are currently a bit more sensitive due to cataract surgeries? Given that in this example the question was about a medical reason (which it clearly was; she would not have worn those sunglasses had she not had surgery).

However, this discussion would probably be better for a different kind of topic about 'communication by the Palace' or so
I just think that the "palace", in and of itself, its really touchy when it comes to releasing news to the public of *any* health issues with *any* of the British royal family. They, to me, skirt around the questions until it becomes necessary to actually issue an official statement such as "Prince Philip has been admitted to the hospital". Even then, the palace won't comment on "why" Philip was admitted. Usually we wait for statement released by Philip's doctors.

Long story short, I imagine that William's Covid-19 infection was not made public solely because William didn't want it to be. Even here in the States, there are such beast called the HIPAA Privacy Rule. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization.

Health issues are a private affair and should remain private at the patient's discretion about who knows what about any health issues they have.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanka View Post
Yes, but on 1 April Charles was out of isolation and with mild symptoms before, it was said. By the time of William's illness the POW was OK, as was the Queen. So no immediate danger to the throne.
At the queen's age nothing can be taken for granted.. and Charles was probably far from well but he's not someone who would slow his work down unless he really had to....
Old 11-03-2020, 04:32 AM
Administrator

This thread has been cleaned up to remove or edit speculative and off-topic comments (together with responses).
We can now move on from the discussion concerning William contracting the coronavirus several months ago, his health and the health of other members of the Royal Family.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:47 PM
Nobility

From The Sun:
'CALL ME CATHERINE' Kate Middleton secretly volunteers during coronavirus with phone calls to lonely pensioner

Quote:
Kate, 38, and Len were connected earlier in the year by the Royal Voluntary Service, which The Sun has partnered with this year for our Christmas Together appeal to tackle loneliness.

During two lengthy conversations during the first lockdown, Kate chatted away to her new friend about making pasta and taking her children to watch sheep *shearing.

Len, from Batley, West Yorks, said: “Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would be talking on the phone to the future Queen of England.

“I will treasure our conversations for the rest of my life. Those calls helped me because they gave me something to look forward to.”
So The Sun is actually not a complete evil incarnate ...
(This is part of The Sun’s Christmas Together campaign in partnership with Royal Voluntary Service. Although sure, it could be the usual CSR).
Old 12-06-2020, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Excellent news that this campaign has helped Len along with many others who have been experiencing loneliness during this very stressful time.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Today The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have become Joint Patrons of @NHSCharities.

The 240 UK NHS charities provide extra funding and additional services above and beyond NHS core funds, supporting hospitals, community and mental health services and ambulances services."

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...730689/photo/1
Old 12-11-2020, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Cambridge family night out at the theater. Super cute.

https://twitter.com/DelMody/status/1337466314487697409
Old 12-11-2020, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

My goodness George is getting so big! Nice family outing.

LaRae
Old 12-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

How fun and what a wonderful way to get into the Christmas spirit! Charlotte must be a very independent little girl- she dropped Dad's hand and didn't want to hold it anymore! George appears much more relaxed and confident around the cameras than he has at public events in the past, and little Louis is too adorable and has grown up so much.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

More :

Best red carpet ever. They are the most adorable kids - just beautiful. I can’t believe how big George is getting! I love how William and Kate are instilling in their kids a desire to help, and an appreciation for those who do help.

https://twitter.com/royalreporter/st...764689408?s=21

https://twitter.com/royalreporter/st...855181318?s=21