General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the kids are not going to boarding school (which I think is the most likely scenario), Maria will stay as their Nanny. With the Queen essentially handing over more and more to Prince Charles, Prince William and Catherine will be required a lot more from now on. As much as Catherine's parents are nearby, they are still running a business. Maria will be needed especially as I think we will see William and Catherine carrying the burden of doing overseas tours than Prince Charles and Camilla.

From the reports in the news, it seems like the corporate jobs within their household will stay at KP and will travel to Windsor when required. Covid has taught us all that face-to-face meetings are not always required - they can easily Zoom their employees from anywhere. As for housekeeping - if they are moving to Adelaide Cottage, which has an outhouse, maybe they already have a skeleton crew - i.e. Nanny plus 2-3 housekeepers that travel with them between homes
I agree, this seems the most logical. And I do wonder how the staff works (other than Maria the nanny). Do they just move with them?

An article about William turning 40. I don't know if this is the right thread as it is not an event but there does not seem to be a standalone thread for general news about William. Also William's relationship with Harry figures prominently.

Here's hoping for some official photos, with William in full regalia, and Catherine in her finest too - just like what the scandinavian Royal Houses do. I know it's wishful thinking, but you never never know.....

Really lovely photo. Lucky timing too as none of the children have missing milk teeth !

Wonderful photo from the Cambridge family to mark Father's day!

Last edited:
I’m really surprised we didn’t get any new photos of William or him with his family to celebrate his milestone birthday!

I’m really surprised we didn’t get any new photos of William or him with his family to celebrate his milestone birthday!

I suspect this summer when they have a joint celebration. At least, that is what I read in the Mirror.

An extremely ... extremely ... upset Prince William.

Link to a recently posted youtube ... also saying the full video will be uploaded soon.

(Actually filmed in January 2021.)

There is a written introduction to the situation at the beginning and the actual footage begins around the 1.25 mark.

The poster says the police took half an hour to attend and asks were the Duke and his family unprotected?

Although only William is shown in this part of the footage, it sounds as if Catherine speaks and also that the children were present.

Last edited:
An extremely ... extremely ... upset Prince William.

Link to a recently posted youtube ... also saying the full video will be uploaded soon.

(Actually filmed in January 2021.)

There is a written introduction to the situation at the beginning and the actual footage begins around the 1.25 mark.

The poster says the police took half an hour to attend and asks were the Duke and his family unprotected?

Although only William is shown in this part of the footage, it sounds as if Catherine speaks and also that the children were present.

The original YouTube video is no longer public … after four days and twenty thousand views.

There are mainstream media reports that the Royal Family wanted YouTube to take it down, citing privacy issues.

It is also being reported that parts of the footage are circulating on Tik Tok.

And there is now at least one other YouTube posted of the footage by someone else.

It may be too late for this to be closed down, with copies being spread about and reports of it in the UK newspapers giving it more exposure, despite the original no longer being available.

In this video (around 7.30 min) with the Downton Abbey cast, Joanne Froggat tells which embarrassing thing she said to the duchess of Cambridge when she came to visit.

The original YouTube video is no longer public … after four days and twenty thousand views.

There are mainstream media reports that the Royal Family wanted YouTube to take it down, citing privacy issues.

It is also being reported that parts of the footage are circulating on Tik Tok.

And there is now at least one other YouTube posted of the footage by someone else.

It may be too late for this to be closed down, with copies being spread about and reports of it in the UK newspapers giving it more exposure, despite the original no longer being available.
I have seen it, and William had every right to be annoyed. The man was stalking them last year and he was trying to take pictures of their children.

I have seen it, and William had every right to be annoyed. The man was stalking them last year and he was trying to take pictures of their children.

I found it quite upsetting to watch SirGyamfi1, I was a bit shocked by it.

One of the Australian TV shows that reported on it, also played the actual footage.

They took the line it may be a “deep fake” as the Cambridges didn’t seem to have security with them.

Seeing William phone for someone to come - in their thinking the Royals are constantly surrounded by protection officers at all times.

And I suppose if someone did eventually arrive, they weren’t able to confiscate the video or else we would never have seen it.

I’m assuming that is because it was filmed on a public road, Tower Rd, near the Appleton Water Tower.

This television segment was then put up on the internet for several days and ended up with almost 50,000 views of the incident, the actual footage.(It’s since been taken down.)

All of this happened after the Palace response was reported by The Telegraph and the original YouTube was made private, so it must have been difficult for the Royal lawyers to put a lid on it … or else Australian media didn’t read the memo. :lol:

Even now, new postings are being put up on different social media accounts, so a new world to navigate for the Royals compared to the old days of a quiet word to the various newspaper owners to kill a story.

Anyway, the vast majority of comments made by people who saw it supported William in his reaction.

It seems unlikely the full video will now be coming out.

Although I found it a bit confronting, as some people commented, we now know what a posh/upper class telling off is like.

I found it quite upsetting to watch SirGyamfi1, I was a bit shocked by it.

One of the Australian TV shows that reported on it, also played the actual footage.

They took the line it may be a “deep fake” as the Cambridges didn’t seem to have security with them.

Seeing William phone for someone to come - in their thinking the Royals are constantly surrounded by protection officers at all times.

And I suppose if someone did eventually arrive, they weren’t able to confiscate the video or else we would never have seen it.

I’m assuming that is because it was filmed on a public road, Tower Rd, near the Appleton Water Tower.

This television segment was then put up on the internet for several days and ended up with almost 50,000 views of the incident, the actual footage.(It’s since been taken down.)

All of this happened after the Palace response was reported by The Telegraph and the original YouTube was made private, so it must have been difficult for the Royal lawyers to put a lid on it … or else Australian media didn’t read the memo. :lol:

Even now, new postings are being put up on different social media accounts, so a new world to navigate for the Royals compared to the old days of a quiet word to the various newspaper owners to kill a story.

Anyway, the vast majority of comments made by people who saw it supported William in his reaction.

It seems unlikely the full video will now be coming out.

Although I found it a bit confronting, as some people commented, we now know what a posh/upper class telling off is like.
“Deep fake”? I don’t understand that expression.

“Deep fake”? I don’t understand that expression.

The Australian TV presenters thought that it wasn’t William in the video … based on their assumption he and his family wouldn’t be without protection officers.

Deep fake is when video is manipulated very realistically with modern technology … taking someone’s face, voice or body and creating footage of something that didn’t really happen.

I think they found it hard to believe someone could get that close to the family and film them, and put forward the idea that it was a made up video.

They didn’t realise the Palace had already acted to close the original YouTube down and went off on this tangent.

Also, a it gave a view of William not seen by the general public ever before, so not something they recognised.

I’m afraid our media are sometimes off the mark with their Royal reporting, this being another example as it is a real video.

Another well-known Australian presenter went to London to cover William and Catherine’s wedding for national TV and got all excited when Dodi Fayed walked into Westminster Abbey.

You know, poor Dodi who was actually dead.

After several excited comments someone pointed this out … Barry Humphries in his Dame Edna guise if you know that character, who was also present.

Then they all decided they meant it was Dodi’s father Mohamed Al Fayed.

You know, the man who accused the Royal family of killing his son, now invited to a Royal wedding.

(It was actually the King of Tonga, but that is the standard of some of our Royal coverage here.)

Same presenter twitted excitedly a few years later that they were on a yacht in the Whitsunday Islands here in Queensland looking at Crown Princess Mary on another yacht.

Crown Princess Mary’s husband was indeed competing in a yacht race at the time, but Mary herself was way back in Denmark and didn’t accompany Frederick on that trip.

So, the deep fake idea was just some overthinking on the part of some of our professional media folk here, good for a laugh sometimes.

Last edited:
The Australian TV presenters thought that it wasn’t William in the video … based on their assumption he and his family wouldn’t be without protection officers.

Deep fake is when video is manipulated very realistically with modern technology … taking someone’s face, voice or body and creating footage of something that didn’t really happen.

I think they found it hard to believe someone could get that close to the family and film them, and put forward the idea that it was a made up video.

They didn’t realise the Palace had already acted to close the original YouTube down and went off on this tangent.

Also, a it gave a view of William not seen by the general public ever before, so not something they recognised.

I’m afraid our media are sometimes off the mark with their Royal reporting, this being another example as it is a real video.

Another well-known Australian presenter went to London to cover William and Catherine’s wedding for national TV and got all excited when Dodi Fayed walked into Westminster Abbey.

You know, poor Dodi who was actually dead.

After several excited comments someone pointed this out … Barry Humphries in his Dame Edna guise if you know that character, who was also present.

Then they all decided they meant it was Dodi’s father Mohamed Al Fayed.

You know, the man who accused the Royal family of killing his son, now invited to a Royal wedding.

(It was actually the King of Tonga, but that is the standard of some of our Royal coverage here.)

Same presenter twitted excitedly a few years later that they were on a yacht in the Whitsunday Islands here in Queensland looking at Crown Princess Mary on another yacht.

Crown Princess Mary’s husband was indeed competing in a yacht race at the time, but Mary herself was way back in Denmark and didn’t accompany Frederick on that trip.

So, the deep fake idea was just some overthinking on the part of some of our professional media folk here, good for a laugh sometimes.

Unfortunately for the Australian media, the person in the video was Prince William so the “deep fake” wasn’t fake at all. The Al-Fayed story that you mentioned was funny :lol::lol:

:previous: Brilliant RandyDrx, hadn’t seen that before, thank you … gave me a good laugh.

Are they actually moving to Windsor? I mean we have heard nothing.

Funny video of English guy preparing for William and Kate visit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom