The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2020, 02:40 PM
Gentry

This is adorable!!!

Old 10-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

OMG, so adorable ! I’ve never heard the Cambridge children speak - precious babies ! I love that they are learning at very early ages - from the best - about protecting animals, even ones that many people don’t like (they are the ones who need protecting the most)

Old 10-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

That was gorgeous! So cute.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Adorable kids! I love this!!!
Old 10-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
There is no doubt that the Cambridge children are adorable, but Sir David Attenborough was very sweet in the way he engaged with them, as well. What a lovely video.
He did a whole question and answers with children on the BBC during the week. Which was adorable. This must have been filmed as part of that. Absolutely adorable.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

A lovely idea to do this. You just know that this is going to be replayed many times over the years ahead as a special moment which captures all three Cambridges in their early childhood, and of course the great man himself who answers their questions in a way that relates perfectly to their tender years. Brilliant!
Old 10-03-2020, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh so adorable! Nice to hear the Cambridge children speak - loved the way little Louis said "animal"! I liked that the questions were ones you can imagine the children came up with themselves, and that there were no prompts from William and Catherine - completely natural. Cute that Charlotte likes spiders as not many children I know of her age do.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
A lovely idea to do this. You just know that this is going to be replayed many times over the years ahead as a special moment which captures all three Cambridges in their early childhood, and of course the great man himself who answers their questions in a way that relates perfectly to their tender years. Brilliant!
Yes!
It will certainly be remembered!
Currently it has a total of over 8million views between Twitter and IG! combined. it's been shared like crazy on my social media, even by friends who do not care for the royals.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a wonderful thing - and desperately needed. I love how William has taken after his father in understanding the need to take care of our planet. He and Kate have done something truly important on massive scale that everyone can be a part of.

Quote:
The @Earthshotprize council is a diverse, broad range of people from all around the world who I've been talking to over the last few weeks and months. We've got a really fantastic council together.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...59441575587841

Aww poor George........... but I love how sensitive he is about this already; when he grows up, I expect he'll be as passionate about protecting the Earth as his father and grandfather.

Quote:
Prince William, who just launched his Earthshot Prize initiative to reward those who are making a difference on climate change and conservation, revealed that his eldest son was deeply saddened while learning about extinction.

"So, having watched so many David Attenborough documentaries recently with my children, they absolutely love them, the most recent one — the extinction one — actually George and I had to turn it off, we got so sad about it halfway through," William, 38, told Sky News. "He said to me, 'You know, I don't want to watch this anymore.' "

Prince William continued, "Why has it come to this You know, he's 7 years old and he's asking me these questions already, he really feels it, and I think every 7-year-old out there can relate to that."
https://people.com/royals/prince-wil...ction-sadness/
Old 10-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

Just saw Chris Ship's interview/report on this on the news. It's certainly a worthy effort, lets hope it works.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote:
The prince gave an interview to BBC Radio 4 plugging the initiative, in which he was asked about perceptions his father's outspoken comments on the environment were in the past viewed as "dotty."

William replied: "I regularly wonder what my father's banging on about and I'm sure every son thinks the same.

"But no, publicly, with my father's environmental credentials, he's talked about this for a long time and long before people cottoned on to climate change.

"So I've always listened to and learnt and believed in what he's saying.

"But I know it's a very hard sell, 40 years ago, to predict and see some of the slow moving catastrophes we're heading towards."
https://www.newsweek.com/prince-will...change-1537414
Old 10-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Courtier

'Behind every great fortune there is a crime'

Have we already discussed, that the monies for the "Earthshot Price" of Prince William come from some billionaires?

Tatler has the story:
https://www.tatler.com/gallery/who-a...earthshot-priz
Old 10-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Nobility

Since Earth shot Prize is a long term initiative, I hope we will have a separate thread for it.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
What a wonderful thing - and desperately needed. I love how William has taken after his father in understanding the need to take care of our planet. He and Kate have done something truly important on massive scale that everyone can be a part of.
I agree Betsy. Prince Charles has been way ahead of his time on these issues and it's heartwarming to see William tackle the same topics with honesty and humour.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I agree Betsy. Prince Charles has been way ahead of his time on these issues and it's heartwarming to see William tackle the same topics with honesty and humour.
I love that William can tease his dad about his crazy ideas, lol - as someone who loves to tease myself (but only people I care about), I recognize that it’s a great way to express affection without being overly sentimental (which I’m not good at being, lol. I’m also not saying that’s William, though - I’m just making a point)

What’s great is that clearly Charles made an impact on his sons without obviously browbeating it into them to a point where they tuned him out...like kids tend to do when being lectured. The fact is, he ignored the insults that people hurled at him for his “bonkers” ideas because he believed in those ideas...and that’s a good lesson for kids to learn from their parents. William is now passing on those lessons to his own children, and it will be up to their generation to help take care of the planet. It’s a pretty important legacy.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family have shown their support for our #PoppyAppeal this year by baking these delicious poppy cakes which were delivered to our care home in Norfolk. @KensingtonRoyal"

https://twitter.com/PoppyLegion/stat...063616/photo/1
Old 10-26-2020, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family have shown their support for our #PoppyAppeal this year by baking these delicious poppy cakes which were delivered to our care home in Norfolk. @KensingtonRoyal"

That's so sweet! Are the family at Anmer Hall right now or are they back in London (I thought the kids were at school but maybe they could have been there for the weekend?)
Old 10-26-2020, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
That's so sweet! Are the family at Anmer Hall right now or are they back in London (I thought the kids were at school but maybe they could have been there for the weekend?)
Its half term, so the kids will have 1-2 weeks off, depending on the school. I would expect the Cambridge family to be at Anmer for now.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

How beautiful ! Also, yummy looking ! It’s wonderful how the entire Cambridge family does such caring things together...
Old 10-26-2020, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

That's sweet and yummy. The Royal British Legion have recently started promoting different ways to commemorate and support veterans this year.