The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2020, 04:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You’re joking right?

How could this loving and affectionate photo be viewed as silly and embarrassing?
No Im not joking...

Old 06-22-2020, 05:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
No Im not joking...

Then it’s a shame that you see a picture of a loving father and son as embarrassing and silly. I’m assuming you felt the same way about the pictures William had with his children.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
You’re joking right?

How could this loving and affectionate photo be viewed as silly and embarrassing?
I’m rather myself

On the other hand, I’m so happy to read this...

Quote:
Given that there have been rumors in the past that Charles was unhappy he didn’t get to see enough of the Cambridges, Charles has made a point of factoring more family time into his diary and it has paid off. “It has meant that their relationship has become much closer,” said a source close to Charles.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...m-relationship
Old 06-22-2020, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think what may throw a lot of people off is that we're seeing Charles without his royal "game face" on. I think most of us can attest to being more prone to be goofy, unreserved, affectionate and freer with emotions when we're within a "bubble" of close family and friends. Once we feel the outside world gazing in our direction, we tend to put our public "game faces" on.

Its why I always prefer to eat BBQ ribs at home and not out in a restaurant. I can enjoy them so much more if I don't care if my face is a slobbery mess.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think what may throw a lot of people off is that we're seeing Charles without his royal "game face" on. I think most of us can attest to being more prone to be goofy, unreserved, affectionate and freer with emotions when we're within a "bubble" of close family and friends. Once we feel the outside world gazing in our direction, we tend to put our public "game faces" on.

Its why I always prefer to eat BBQ ribs at home and not out in a restaurant. I can enjoy them so much more if I don't care if my face is a slobbery mess.
I love seeing Charles - and William - so unreservedly happy. Maybe Charles was happy for people to see him differently as he had to give the OK before the photo was posted.

I have no such compunctions about messy food, lol. If they'll serve it to me, I'll eat it, lol
Old 06-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, I for one love the photo of Charles and William - I think you'd have to have a pretty miserable mindset (especially in the difficult times we've been in this year) to think there was anything embarrassing about an innocent photo of a father and son.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-23-2020, 07:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think what may throw a lot of people off is that we're seeing Charles without his royal "game face" on.

I see it this way: In this picture Charles looks like a happy grandfather!

Now you might say, he IS a grandfather and presumably happy! Yeah, ok, but he is also the future king. He is far away from pension and retirement... Contenance, stiff upper lip, ready to rule and all this!

But personally I like this picture! Ther were always these rumours about a bad relationship. Now they look happy, what is good.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
William and Catherine share two beautiful photos of them with their respective fathers on Father’s Day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBskP12l...=1gteqfzutqqlq

The first photo was taken by The Duchess of Cambridge this Christmas at Sandringham.
That's a wonderful photo of Charles. And Mike was quite groovy back in the day.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
I see it this way: In this picture Charles looks like a happy grandfather!

Now you might say, he IS a grandfather and presumably happy! Yeah, ok, but he is also the future king. He is far away from pension and retirement... Contenance, stiff upper lip, ready to rule and all this!

But personally I like this picture! Ther were always these rumours about a bad relationship. Now they look happy, what is good.
I also have noticed that since Charles' marriage to Camilla, photographs taken of him has shown the lighter side of a man comfortable in his own skin and relaxed and jovial even. Even with public engagements, you clearly can see Charles enjoying himself so much more than in previous decades.

To see him with his son in the recent picture is to see not only a happy person but also one happy in his own private life. With Catherine taking the picture, it was a family setting and perhaps taken on the spur of the moment rather than it would have been with a scheduled photo shoot with a professional photographer. Catherine was able to capture the intimacy of the moment so very well.

This woman has talent. Loads of it.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

This place is a bit of a refuge as the cynicism in the Relationships thread is a bit depressing, lol.

Charles seems to be happier than ever, maybe because he’s not working quite so much and is spending more time with the Cambridges. I’m sure in other family get togethers he’s been equally as happy and relaxed - we just don’t get to see it that often. In fact, never - not just him, but any of the BRF. Recently he opened up about missing his father, not being able to hug or touch anyone in his family - I don’t think he would have done that years ago. He’s definitely in a better place, “professionally” and personally.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Its hit me in watching the Cambridge family over the years and especially what we've seen of them during the Covid-19 pandemic that this family has given me a sense of a flashback to a previous family that was referred to often as "us four". With the Cambridges it would be "us five". A close, loving family.

William and Catherine have been able to very nicely balance their public roles and public lives with also having a private and happy family life we get a glimpse into every now and then. Again, I think this is due to Catherine's talent for photography and willingness to share some with the public.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Its hit me in watching the Cambridge family over the years and especially what we've seen of them during the Covid-19 pandemic that this family has given me a sense of a flashback to a previous family that was referred to often as "us four". With the Cambridges it would be "us five". A close, loving family.

William and Catherine have been able to very nicely balance their public roles and public lives with also having a private and happy family life we get a glimpse into every now and then. Again, I think this is due to Catherine's talent for photography and willingness to share some with the public.
I mentioned that some time ago....it’s a very apt comparison. Sometimes children of bitter divorces are unable to find their own personal happiness because they only remember their parents being miserable, and it’s all they know. Kate’s own loving family has helped William create his own little loving family unit, and yet apparently at the same time it’s helped him learn to forgive his father and see things from a different perspective than he’d seen before, both as a child and an adult.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I tend to agree - they have been careful yet quite consistent in the way they have balanced a private life and a public roll - it's not an easy thing to do but very important in terms of maintaining continuity.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I also have noticed that since Charles' marriage to Camilla, photographs taken of him has shown the lighter side of a man comfortable in his own skin and relaxed and jovial even. Even with public engagements, you clearly can see Charles enjoying himself so much more than in previous decades.
Yes, there was always a certain tension about Charles that has dissipated in recent years.
He is happy, and it reflects in his relationships with family and friends.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Yes, there was always a certain tension about Charles that has dissipated in recent years.
He is happy, and it reflects in his relationships with family and friends.
I agree, Charles has certainly looked a lot more relaxed in the last 15 odd years.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:20 AM
Courtier

I love all the recently published private photos.
I'm thankful that they are shared.
They are sensitive and insightful - not too staged - and add a respectful balance to the photos taken by official photographers and media.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

When you share the same name with a Royal by Kate Middleton!

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/16/name-...eton-12962257/
Old 07-31-2020, 01:55 AM
Royal Highness

Sustainable travel Cambridge style -

"They were keen to support our travel industry".

The Duke, Duchess and children have been holidaying on the Isles of Scilly.

William and Kate laughing as they rode bikes on Tresco.

No photos.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-kids-22445592
Old 07-31-2020, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Sustainable travel Cambridge style -

"They were keen to support our travel industry".

The Duke, Duchess and children have been holidaying on the Isles of Scilly.

William and Kate laughing as they rode bikes on Tresco.

No photos.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-kids-22445592
Good to hear that they have been able to get away for a staycation. The Scilly isles are beautiful, and such a trip will bring further attention to them.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Good to hear that they have been able to get away for a staycation. The Scilly isles are beautiful, and such a trip will bring further attention to them.

Would be amazing to have the future King and Queen cycle past you and say hello.

What a story to take home to family and friends from a holiday muriel.