General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw it is 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer that you are considered fully vax. July 3 for her. Also in the USA, close contact is 15 minutes less than 6 feet apart. The 15 minutes can be cumulative. Masks do not enter into it at all. Unfortunately I learned this when I got it last November. Then got mono just as I was recovering from COVID. Sick for 2 months

They are claiming she is fully vaccinated but how is that possible? She only just got her first dose 5 weeks ago, unless that wasn’t her first dose. And if, so why mislead?

I can't speak for the guidelines in the UK or what qualifies there as "fully vaccinated" but I do know that when I received my vaccine, I had to wait four weeks between shots. However, my husband and both of my sons only had to wait three weeks between theirs and they received their first shots about a month after I received my second. I would assume, based on the wording, that Catherine received her first shot five weeks ago, waited three weeks, and received her second shot two weeks ago. With two weeks after the second shot being considered "fully vaccinated" that would line up...

They made quite a big deal about her waiting her turn and doing all the recommended timetables. Why rush it now? It all seems odd. But I am sure they will explain it because no doubt people are going to question it.

To be fair I cannot see what there is to question, the UK government are encouraging people to come forward for the 2nd jab and not wait to be sent for. They see the two jabs as the way towards 'normal' living. I do not know if Kate has both jabs or the timescales, but if she has both there should be nothing to question or mislead on. There are ample supplies, nobody has missed out because she has had hers. As far as self isolation goes well that is a thorny subject at the moment here, there are various views on the need or not but that is another discussion.

Last edited:
I hope this is in the right thread. Please move if not.

Looks like William has issued a strong statement about the racism faced by the players who missed the penalties last night.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...t-abuse-euro2020-final-italy-v-england-latest

Good. Sadly, this isn’t the first time William has had to issue a statement on this; I hope he, and every other high profile individual in a position to speak out, continues to do so. About the racism especially, yes, but also more generally about the abuse of all kinds directed at these athletes. I mean, there are people I worry about more than extraordinarily well paid young men who are probably treated like gods 95% of the time, and being able to tune out a certain level of craziness from fans is part of the job at that level, but that doesn’t give some so called “fans” the right to create a never ending cesspit of vitriol and hate.

It makes it worse that some of the players are so young, IMO. When you’ve got someone who’s not even really an adult yet who has played his heart out, only to lose in one of the worst ways possible - I’m sure these guys are already feeling miserable. What are people trying to do by subjecting them to this kind of bigotry?

Last edited:
Good. Sadly, this isn’t the first time William has had to issue a statement on this; I hope he, and every other high profile individual in a position to speak out, continues to do so. About the racism especially, yes, but also more generally about the abuse of all kinds directed at these athletes.

It's not just athletes - it's people in entertainment, "influencers", politicians, all sorts of people, and it's racism, misogyny, anti-Semitism, homophobia ... everything. And it's happening in a lot of countries - black French footballers were subjected to similar abuse last week. The social media companies really need to do more about it. I appreciate that it's very difficult when someone is using a social media name rather than their own name, and possibly a random e-mail address which isn't their usual personal e-mail address, but it really is horrible. There've been big shows of support for the players concerned, but no-one should have to put up with that in the first place.

I'm sure that William and Kate are completely genuine in their comments about the abuse directed at Rashford, Saka and Sancho, and I really don't see why Yahoo are trying to make this about Meghan. Makes for better headlines, I suppose!

Some people are just nasty. There've even been nasty remarks on social media making fun of George looking upset. Why would you make fun of an upset 7-year-old child?

Last edited:
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

I'm sure that William and Kate are completely genuine in their comments about the abuse directed at Rashford, Saka and Sancho, and I really don't see why Yahoo are trying to make this about Meghan. Makes for better headlines, I suppose!

Some people are just nasty. There've even been nasty remarks on social media making fun of George looking upset. Why would you make fun of an upset 7-year-old child?

Agreed- I think anytime the media sees the opportunity to fan the flames between the Sussexes and the BRF- they take it because of the headlines and attention it generates. (And then do flattering articles in between.)

Ugh- how awful. I hope the Cambridge kids are taught from an early age to not read anything about themselves in the media/social media. To actually just block it all out.

Last edited:
William's been tackling issues in football for years, including racism. It was even a part of his mental health and football documentary. It's part of his job as president. The issue really has nothing to do with the Sussexes. You can find horrific comments about *all* the BRF on twitter.

William's been tackling issues in football for years, including racism. It was even a part of his mental health and football documentary. It's part of his job as president. The issue really has nothing to do with the Sussexes. You can find horrific comments about *all* the BRF on twitter.

I was thinking the same thing: it seems to be part of his job as president to address these issues specifically.

It’s not about the Sussexes, but trust the media to try and make it about them.

I stay far away from Twitter. But I can imagine.

"The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted shopping with Prince George and Princess Charlotte for school supplies.

It’s being reported that George paid for his supplies with the allowance money he gets"

Good to see them out and about. They clearly stopped off at Smiggles on their way back from school.

I remember Smiggle being popular when I was in primary and middle school, especially when it started opening in Sydney (first store was in Melbourne). The stationery were definitely on the gift lists for Secret Santa, because the items were considered "cool/"special", despite being more expensive than other supermarket/homeware brands. ;)

Clearly, Smiggle is still a hit and definitely across the world.

I remember Smiggle being popular when I was in primary and middle school, especially when it started opening in Sydney (first store was in Melbourne). The stationery were definitely on the gift lists for Secret Santa, because the items were considered "cool/"special", despite being more expensive than other supermarket/homeware brands. ;)

Clearly, Smiggle is still a hit and definitely across the world.

Smiggle only made it to the UK 5-6 years ago, and its reach is limited so far.

The Duke of Cambridge was seen being filmed at the London Eye today, September 15. The video will be shown at the climate change summit COP26:

** gtresnews gallery **

The Cambridge family was seen having a picnic lunch yesterday in Norfolk

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16249868/william-kate-pub-lunch-george-louis-charlotte/

It's easy to see that there were no aunts at that picnic. Wonder how many ants showed up though? Seriously though, they're a normal, everyday normal family enjoying eating outdoors in good weather like all normal, everyday families the world over love to do. Mine included!

Where are the s'mores? I'm now addicted to marshmallows as they're a required part of my diet. Seriously. No kidding. For *REAL* :D

It's easy to see that there were no aunts at that picnic. Wonder how many ants showed up though? Seriously though, they're a normal, everyday normal family enjoying eating outdoors in good weather like all normal, everyday families the world over love to do. Mine included!

Where are the s'mores? I'm now addicted to marshmallows as they're a required part of my diet. Seriously. No kidding. For *REAL* :D

Agreed - nice to see William and Catherine and the kids enjoying themselves and chillaxing as a family. What made me laugh was the article stating there were not protective services around....that's a bit naïve!

Are s'mores more of an American thing? There not the common here in Australia, are the in the UK?

Agreed - nice to see William and Catherine and the kids enjoying themselves and chillaxing as a family. What made me laugh was the article stating there were not protective services around....that's a bit naïve!

Are s'mores more of an American thing? There not the common here in Australia, are the in the UK?

When I think of s'mores, I think of the American version of the UK's Girl Guides. The Girl Scouts. You can't be a Girl Scout in the US and never have had experienced a s'more! I believe that is where the treat actually originated from and it's popularity grew from there. :D

"No one knows for sure who invented the s'more. However, the first published recipe for “some mores" was in a 1927 publication called Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts. Loretta Scott Crew, who made them for Girl Scouts by the campfire, is given credit for the recipe."

https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder...ne knows for sure,given credit for the recipe.

S'mores aren't really part of a pub lunch or a picnic in the UK. The only time we might have them is around a bonfire and only because we know that tradition from American films. ETA or from camping with the Guides/Scouts as a kid.

They'd be more likely to have ice cream or something after burger and chips which might include marshmallows.

Cute photo, though.

When I think of s'mores, I think of the American version of the UK's Girl Guides. The Girl Scouts. You can't be a Girl Scout in the US and never have had experienced a s'more! I believe that is where the treat actually originated from and it's popularity grew from there. :D

Ah, then they'd have brownies.
That makes me wonder if Princess Charlotte will be a Girl Guide. Isn't the Queen the patron of Girl Guides?

Ah, then they'd have brownies.
That makes me wonder if Princess Charlotte will be a Girl Guide. Isn't the Queen the patron of Girl Guides?

Not only is the Queen patron of the Girl Guides but she also was an active Girl Guide herself with her sister. They had a troop that met at Buckingham Palace with other young girls.

Catherine, herself, is no stranger to scouting. She was a Brownie Girl Guide growing up and is now The Joint President Of The UK Scouts Association. I'd be gobsmacked upside the head if any of the three Cambridge children didn't join the scouting program.

https://www.regalfille.com/2020/09/meet-joint-president-uk-scouts-duchess-cambridge/

https://blog.girlscouts.org/2011/01/kate-middleton-royal-brownie.html

Why do you all think this is acceptable? Yes, they're in public but the press has differentiated between occasions with an expectation of privacy, like this, the photos of Kate and the children picking up school supplies, the school run etc and the occasions where consent has been given for photos, such as the polo outings.

There is NO "in the public interest" defence for photos like these and I hope the Sun is reported to OFCOM. Interestingly, so far the Mail online has reported the story but not shown the photo, which I take to mean they're uncertain about breaching what seemed to be a press concensus on what's acceptable and what's not regarding the children.

Imagine never being able to be yourself because some scumbag is intent on making money off your children.

Why do you all think this is acceptable? Yes, they're in public but the press has differentiated between occasions with an expectation of privacy, like this, the photos of Kate and the children picking up school supplies, the school run etc and the occasions where consent has been given for photos, such as the polo outings.

There is NO "in the public interest" defence for photos like these and I hope the Sun is reported to OFCOM. Interestingly, so far the Mail online has reported the story but not shown the photo, which I take to mean they're uncertain about breaching what seemed to be a press concensus on what's acceptable and what's not regarding the children.

Imagine never being able to be yourself because some scumbag is intent on making money off your children.

As for the photos, I don't think it's one that William and Catherine would get upset about but I do see your point and it's a very valid one.

As for never having to be themselves, this family (the adults mostly) are professionals when it comes to their "public facade". They most likely put it on the minute they leave privacy automatically by now.

"As for never having to be themselves, this family (the adults mostly) are professionals when it comes to their "public facade". They most likely put it on the minute they leave privacy automatically by now."

I'm sure that's true but no 8 year old, 6 year old and 2 year old should have to learn that lesson.

Nice to see them, and especially the children enjoying simple things !

"As for never having to be themselves, this family (the adults mostly) are professionals when it comes to their "public facade". They most likely put it on the minute they leave privacy automatically by now."

I'm sure that's true but no 8 year old, 6 year old and 2 year old should have to learn that lesson.

The stark truth though is that these children *will* have to learn over the years just because of who they are. It's started early in life for them just by watching their parents' do it and by being instructed as to what you should or should not do when in public. William was raised that way and Catherine did a marvelous job getting it acclimated to the public spotlight very well, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom