The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
As someone who lost her father at an extremely young age (even younger than harry’s age when Diana died) seeing the picture of Charles and William made me tear up and created a very bittersweet feeling in my heart.
Same feeling seeing William and the kids (but for other, yet similar, reason).
Aww, I’m so sorry.....

I think that photo might be my favorite Royal photo ever, or right at the top.

Old 06-21-2020, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
William and Catherine share two beautiful photos of them with their respective fathers on Father’s Day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBskP12l...=1gteqfzutqqlq

The first photo was taken by The Duchess of Cambridge this Christmas at Sandringham.
When you thought you knew everything about them but they are still able to suprise us.
What a great and heartfelt picture, worth a thousand words really ...

Old 06-21-2020, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

That photo of Charles leaning in to William is the best royal photo I've ever seen. I don't think anyone other than a family member could have taken such a joyful, intimate photo but even so, Catherine deserves the credit for snapping at the right moment.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Charlotte and George are good looking but Louis is something else. I do not remember George or Charlotte looking this cute when they were Louis' age.
Louis is a geezer. Going to be a proper dude.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't get the Louis is cuter at this stage comment.....he looks so much like George, other then his darker hair. The only big difference from George at that age is that Louis doesn't have as much baby fat as George did in his cheeks. Looking at the young photo of Kate with her dad, reminded once again just how much Middletons is in them.

I see nothing of Kate in her daughter. She is a mix of Windsor and maybe Spencer, but certainly William's genes.

My favorite photo is that of William with his dad. Such a wonderful casual photo of the bond they clearly have.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't get the Louis is cuter at this stage comment.....he looks so much like George, other then his darker hair. The only big difference from George at that age is that Louis doesn't have as much baby fat as George did in his cheeks. Looking at the young photo of Kate with her dad, reminded once again just how much Middletons is in them.

I see nothing of Kate in her daughter. She is a mix of Windsor and maybe Spencer, but certainly William's genes.

My favorite photo is that of William with his dad. Such a wonderful casual photo of the bond they clearly have.
I don't see them as that much alike. To me they are quite different. It is his personality. Such a cheeky sod. Even now.

CHarbottle is very like William, who was very like his mother as a child. He got older and he became more and more Windsor. She may too, in which case I see her being quite like Eugenie. But I really think she will grow to be more like her mother.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

We're talking physical appearance not personality. We don't see enough of these kids to know what any of their real personalities are. George may be just as cheeky in private as Louis seems in the one or two times we have real photos of him. He may just be uncomfortable in front of cameras.

All three kids have very different personalities. That's the same with all kids. And as they grow and bloom, and we get to see them more often, we will see that in time.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with everyone else on how wonderful these photo's are. Especially love the one of Charles and William, goes to show how relaxed they can be in front of a camera. Catherine has a real talent takng photos of family and I applaud her. Her photo's are lovely and natural the family not posed and stiff. Have you ever tried to get a group family photo at xmas. It can be really hard to get a good shot.
It is very kind of Catherine to share these private family photo's, especially to see how the children are growing up so fast. Since when did Prince Louis become so big. I was still thinking of him being much smaller.

Yep Charles and William that photo is pure gold.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
We're talking physical appearance not personality. We don't see enough of these kids to know what any of their real personalities are. George may be just as cheeky in private as Louis seems in the one or two times we have real photos of him. He may just be uncomfortable in front of cameras.

All three kids have very different personalities. That's the same with all kids. And as they grow and bloom, and we get to see them more often, we will see that in time.
Didn't you just totally negate yourself there? Can't tell personalities but all three different. No one is making judgement calls about these children. They are kids. But Louis is always pulling funny faces and looking quite mischievous...in public. None of us has any idea of what any of them are like.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
That photo of Charles leaning in to William is the best royal photo I've ever seen. I don't think anyone other than a family member could have taken such a joyful, intimate photo but even so, Catherine deserves the credit for snapping at the right moment.
She’s really able to capture their humanity - it could just be another father and son, not the heir and and another future King. This photo speaks at least a thousand words.

The kids are all exceptionally adorable, they really are. They are very, very sweet and funny, and their bond is wonderful. I hope they remain close all their lives
Old 06-21-2020, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

I like the one of William and Charles, and at the same time it feels very strange.

Charles is very rarely "undignified". They look sweet and "normal" and yet Charles seems vulnerable. Older. It's not how he usually presents, imho.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
I like the one of William and Charles, and at the same time it feels very strange.

Charles is very rarely "undignified". They look sweet and "normal" and yet Charles seems vulnerable. Older. It's not how he usually presents, imho.
I'm not quite sure how allowing himself to be photographed as what he is, William's father, makes him undignified.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm not quite sure how allowing himself to be photographed as what he is, William's father, makes him undignified.
It's a lovely, sweet photo to take with your son. There's nothing wrong with it and I'm sure the reception will be positive or even unnoticed.

When you are a man who's spent his life in waiting, however, not just William's father, it just seems strange to take a picture where you allow yourself to be dwarfed by and lean on someone who is younger and healthier. Even if that's the son you love.

Maybe it's just me, but we haven't seen too many pictures of Charles where he looks like just a vulnerable man, not a Prince of Wales. And not because of his successor.

I'll say it again: it's a lovely, sweet picture. I'm glad they're so close. It's just startling.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I think its a fab photo, its such a stand out as being different that a family member who has no real interest in the RF usually message it on a group whatsapp today saying how normal and yet lovely it was and how the RF should do more pictures like this. While I do think most the time the RF are on "show" in an "official capacity" its nice to see a little inside more "normal" and relatable moments.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love all of these pictures they’ve released. Kate is really a very talented amateur photographer! All the pictures are so sweet and natural. George and Louis look so much alike... Louis’s hair is just a bit darker and eyebrows just a bit thicker. Both of them are very “Middleton” looking, especially when you see the picture of Michael with a young Kate! Charlotte, on the other hand, is much more Spencer and Windsor than her brothers.

I love that they show us these photos a few times a year. It’s a nice, natural way to see the children grow and get a peek into their lives.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I think its a fab photo, its such a stand out as being different that a family member who has no real interest in the RF usually message it on a group whatsapp today saying how normal and yet lovely it was and how the RF should do more pictures like this. While I do think most the time the RF are on "show" in an "official capacity" its nice to see a little inside more "normal" and relatable moments.
Yes. What strikes me is just how happy they look ....it gives us a glimpse we rarely get into the real men behind the photo. Charles is the Prince of Wales and William is the Duke of Cambridge, but that’s not who they really are.

If I thought the photo was representative of anything, it would be strength, not vulnerability. It’s a lovely and important thing to see that these two can lean on each other ....
Old 06-22-2020, 03:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunking View Post
Lovely of Prince Charles and Prince William. Emotion I have never seen before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
When you thought you knew everything about them but they are still able to suprise us.
What a great and heartfelt picture, worth a thousand words really ...

I agree, that picture of Charles and Williiam is lovely. I guess this just demonstrates there is so much about the royals, even the most ardent royal followers, do not know.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post

I certainly do not see the picture of Charles and William as either undignified, or Charles appearing vulnerable in any way.

I see it as a deeply personal picture, a far more personal insight into their relationship than one normally gets to see. It is in the ungaurded nature of this snap that perhaps, to me, demosntrates the warmth and mutual dependence that one sees within close family members.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I certainly do not see the picture of Charles and William as either undignified, or Charles appearing vulnerable in any way.

I see it as a deeply personal picture, a far more personal insight into their relationship than one normally gets to see. It is in the ungaurded nature of this snap that perhaps, to me, demosntrates the warmth and mutual dependence that one sees within close family members.
I thought that Charles did look a bit silly and it was slightly embarrassing to see....
Old 06-22-2020, 04:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I thought that Charles did look a bit silly and it was slightly embarrassing to see....

You’re joking right?

How could this loving and affectionate photo be viewed as silly and embarrassing?