General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: If true (I'm not sure how credible E! is as a source), it's nice that the school has an event like that. It makes the children and teachers familiar with each other when they return in September, thus making the first day of school less daunting.

I think it's great if true! I am a teacher and my class are around George's age. I always have an evening in June for the parents to come and hear important information about school, to meet me and ask any questions they have!

I'm happy to see that they've had this orientation for the parents. One of the hallmarks of a good teacher is to be able to integrate the parents of her students into their child's education. Teamwork between home and school makes for a solid foundation for the child to learn.

I wonder if William had to squeeze himself into one of those little desks?

I look at those little desks at my niece and nephews schools and wonder how in the world did I fit in those seats.

Orientations can be fun and frightening at the same time. I hope George and his parents had a nice time.

I watched the programme. Catherine came out of it in a positive light. My take was that in trying to have some element of "normal" in their lives (away from cameras etc) there was always a risk that the magic might go but the fact was they were managing it well.

Nothing to complain about at all. All very balanced from a wide range of commentators/journos/historians and authors

The Queen isn't living high on the "royal" lifestyle. She isn't having glamorous dinner parties every evening, private jet setting to the south of France. She eating cereal out of Tupperware containers and vacations in Scotland and Norfolk in winter. Prince Philip was born royal. His mother got locked in a hospital for several years and his father ran off to Monte Carlo with his mistress. I think I would chose Kate's commoner upbringing with a loving and supportive family than Philip's royal one.

:previous: And yet, when we are not dissecting their lives the extended royal family are close. William and Harry's relationship with Ann and Tim to be and affectionate one and they are close to Peter and Zara and their spouses and children.

Over time we all grow and change and we see William spends time in the sun with the Middletons but until last year Harry was joining the Yorks for skiing at NY. The closeness doesn't just include his cousins but his Aunt and Uncle.

Charles might have been taking the time to relax, reading and painting but over time he started spending more time with Camilla and her family and loves reading stories to her grandchildren.

The Queen and Prince Philip are from another generation now mostly gone.
The unexpected early demise of the King saw things change, but they still holidayed at Sandringham and Balmoral, cooked on campfires, etc. I think the BRF are a lot more ordinary than we think all in all.

Does Harry need put a sock in then or just William? Platell is so predictable in her bias.

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

One, why is this in the Duchess's current events? Does she need a sock too?

Harry probably has been way more open then William recently so I agree there is definitely bias. I was surprised Platell didn't throw in a Carole Middleton jab in.

William is absolutely right about first responders and the emergency services. They don't send the helicopter out for minor things. He definitely saw some gruesome accidents. Take the people who were on the scene at the bombing in Manchester or the fire in the tower that pretty traumatic stuff. You are not forgetting a bunch of little kids getting blown up. It's important to support the emergency responders not just right after a high profile event but all the time and make sure they have the mental health support they need.

Does Harry need put a sock in then or just William? Platell is so predictable in her bias.

Quite right, Harry does need to zip it as well!

The media wants to run the narrative about the young royals lives and about Diana. William and Harry disrupts them from doing that in this anniversary year.

Prince William and Kate Middleton urged not to have 3rd baby in open letter

Strangely, a San Francisco-based children's organization, no less, is asking William and Kate (in an open letter) not to have more kids! :ermm:

It's their business whether they have more children or not. I personally think they will try for at least one, perhaps two more children. Kate doesn't take well to the early stages of pregnancy. But she receives a lot of care and the best medical attention, and she's done a fine job.

Will & Kate seem very happy with their current two, and there's no reason for them not to try again for at least a third child.

Just a week or so ago Kate (in response to a baby gift) said something about having to have another baby ...of course it was off the cuff ...however you never know!

LaRae

I think its rather boorish for anyone to suggest the size of a family to anyone unless they're the mother's doctor and there's medical reasons not to have another pregnancy.

I realize that Will and Kate are public figures and their roles are very public ones but when it comes to their personal and private life, no one has the right to even think about what they should or shouldn't do. Its a personal decision on the size of their family.

Yeah, if you read the linked article, it's obvious that the organization is simply using the Cambridges' notoriety to try and get their message across re attempting to advise young families to think about family planning in terms of sustainability in the world we live in. However, they are barking up the wrong tree trying to piggyback on the royals' popularity and having the gall to suggest that Will & Kate need to somehow lead by example on this issue. Bad form altogether and totally presumptuous. The Cambridges will completely ignore them as they have every right to do.

I think its rather boorish for anyone to suggest the size of a family to anyone unless they're the mother's doctor and there's medical reasons not to have another pregnancy.

I realize that Will and Kate are public figures and their roles are very public ones but when it comes to their personal and private life, no one has the right to even think about what they should or shouldn't do. Its a personal decision on the size of their family.

As per usual, I 100% agree Osipi. I read the headline and knew that it was enough for me alone to not read the article. Some people need to stop sticking their noses in other people's private business, regardless of how famous the other people are. The size of their family should be William and Catherine's decision only.

Aren't they going to Scandinavia here soon?

LaRae

There have been rumours of a possible Scandinavian tour later this year but there were rumours of a Caribbean tour a year or so back as well which came to nothing. Until there is an official announcement all these are rumours.

Aren't they going to Scandinavia here soon?

LaRae
That's the reason I have put my break from TRF on hold, because I'm waiting for news on that very interesting trip.

There have been rumours of a possible Scandinavian tour later this year but there were rumours of a Caribbean tour a year or so back as well which came to nothing. Until there is an official announcement all these are rumours.
Not rumours. William talked to some norwegians during a garden party at BP in may. He said the following: Hopefully we are going to Norway very soon, we are going to do a Scandinavian trip.

Video:
Shows exterior shots Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, talking to... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Not a rumor, I saw the clip (posted here) where William says to a guest that they are going to Norway/Scandinavia in the fall I believe.

LaRae

Not a rumor, I saw the clip (posted here) where William says to a guest that they are going to Norway/Scandinavia in the fall I believe.

LaRae

What actually happened was that William was talking to someone in the crowd at one of the Garden Parties and he said he 'hoped' to be going to Scandinavia - nothing official but a throw-away line about something that may be going to happen. That makes it still a rumour in mind - nothing official has been announced. It was the same with the Caribbean visit they were rumoured to be going to make - a throw-away line that turned into Harry going to the Caribbean and William and Kate going elsewhere. I suspect that 'Scandinavia' turned into Poland and Germany. It would be rare to have two tours so close together geographically in the same year by the same couple.

If William and Kate are to make another overseas tour this year (already have three each under their belts) it is more likely to be to some Commonwealth country - they haven't been to Africa officially yet where there are many Commonwealth countries. Add to that George is starting school in September and they have already indicated that once that happens they don't want to be away while he is at school so that means any more overseas tours by them will have to be either this month or not until mid-term or Christmas.

What actually happened was that William was talking to someone in the crowd at one of the Garden Parties and he said he 'hoped' to be going to Scandinavia - nothing official but a throw-away line about something that may be going to happen. That makes it still a rumour in mind - nothing official has been announced. It was the same with the Caribbean visit they were rumoured to be going to make - a throw-away line that turned into Harry going to the Caribbean and William and Kate going elsewhere. I suspect that 'Scandinavia' turned into Poland and Germany. It would be rare to have two tours so close together geographically in the same year by the same couple.

If William and Kate are to make another overseas tour this year (already have three each under their belts) it is more likely to be to some Commonwealth country - they haven't been to Africa officially yet where there are many Commonwealth countries. Add to that George is starting school in September and they have already indicated that once that happens they don't want to be away while he is at school so that means any more overseas tours by them will have to be either this month or not until mid-term or Christmas.
He didn't said he 'hoped' to be going to Scandinavia - he said: ''Hopefully we are going to Norway very soon, we are going to do a Scandinavian trip.'' And we had already got news on the trip to Poland and Germany at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Yes, I saw it, very exciting news. And it looks like what I wrote in another thread about them not visiting Denmark, was right.

Last edited:
I am SO EXCITED!!! Norway and Sweden's Royal families love their tiaras so I am hoping for a tiara appearance from Kate.

Not likely to happen on this occasion. Ladies of the BRF typically only wear tiaras at state events or other white tie events. W&C will not get a white tie event on this tour, at best, black tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom