General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't post link to Daily Fail article, but the letter written by Dan Wootton to prince William is pretty disturbing.

''Many old friends of Harry I have spoken to are convinced he will come back to you and Great Britain, but it's going to take him some time to work out the mistakes he's made and how he's let you down.''

This sense of ownership over royal bodies that certain portion of british public feel is getting out of control.

I have noticed a certain omission in this ''Harry come back home'' narrative that is being thrown around passionately.Archie's name is never mentioned . As if people expect Harry to leave his kid ( soon to be 2 kids) in USA and come home alone.

Disturbing to watch and read.

I've just read the article and it's basically a rehash of all the articles on the brothers' continuously talked about rift except addressed to William in order to be something a bit different. Dan Wotton of all people isn't being a mediator here and neither are going to listen to him.

I don't think anyone expects or wants Harry to abandon his two children if he and Meghan break up and it would be worse to start trying to play custody lawyer "and Harry can bring Archie and Doriana with him..". And his friends and family "wanting him back" doesn't mean he actually has to physically leave the US either, just start an honest conversation about their issues without telling the world would be a start.

I think this is probably mostly the case but I also think that while I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be "friends" I do think he has some reporters that he's relatively comfortable around and maybe has a cordial and very workable relationship with. I think Bradby was one of these just like we know that Arthur Edwards is, too. Remember that after at least two of the children were born there's video of him pointing Edwards out to Catherine and saying something like "oh there's Arthur, too" and they specifically asked for Bradby to do their engagement interview.

So anyway, all of that to say, I don't know that I would believe that he's besties with any reporter but I do think he's much more friendly with some and now Bradby is no longer on that list.

If you read the article, William was actually real friends with Bradby - this is not a case of his being pleasant and cordial with him. They were so close that Bradby

William was once so close with Bradby that he was chosen to conduct the November 2010 engagement exclusive interview with him and Kate. Bradby went on to attend the nuptials at Westminster Abbey as a guest.

I guess most on here don’t bother reading the Mail articles, but I was not going to post a recap of this from the Mirror, Sun or any other paper. This was the original article, and that’s why I posted it.

If you read the article, William was actually real friends with Bradby - this is not a case of his being pleasant and cordial with him. They were so close that Bradby

I guess most on here don’t bother reading the Mail articles, but I was not going to post a recap of this from the Mirror, Sun or any other paper. This was the original article, and that’s why I posted it.

I did actually read the article. In fact, I tend to read a lot of articles from a lot of sources and that sometimes does include the DM. I guess my point here is that while I do believe they were friendly and certainly had a very comfortable relationship both personally and professionally, I wouldn't really expect them to be seen knocking back drinks in the pub together. I personally believe there are many different levels of friendship and while I do believe that William is capable of and probably does have some "friends" in the press, including at one time Bradby, I still wouldn't really consider them friends of the sort that you plan a game night with and sit around for chatting and wine with the wives. I don't blame William a bit for cutting off Bradby after the behavior of the last year and a half or so but I think it's also important to note that one can be friendly and even "friends" without being especially close. That would include being invited to the wedding. There were a couple thousand people there. While I certainly think they were friendly, again, I don't think they were hanging out on the weekends kind of friendly. Also, if you note, I too commented on the fact that he was hand-picked by the Cambridges to conduct their engagement interview.

X
I don't think anyone expects or wants Harry to abandon his two children if he and Meghan break up and it would be worse to start trying to play custody lawyer "and Harry can bring Archie and Doriana with him..". And his friends and family "wanting him back" doesn't mean he actually has to physically leave the US either, just start an honest conversation about their issues without telling the world would be a start.

I don't think there is a reapproahment on the cards for anyone. And I don't know if there ever will be. But people have to move on and sad as that is the relationships with his family and friends are over. That they may in time reform into something else is always a possibility.

I have never known any relationships end be discussed before it was officially cemented. But it was. Harry stands as much chance as the rest of us of making his marriage work. And we shouldn't discuss its fate really. That it has brought about the rupture of other persons al relationships is dreadfully sad for the people involved but not unknown. Particularly as many of the people involved didn't do anything and just watched as someone pulled away from them . Never easy. But I think we underestimate the dignity that they have behaved with...excusing that bit of a faux pa made by Rose Astor. I think they have all, the Cambridges included, behaved with hugh dignity. Not the Sussexes obviously. As for honest conversations. Well this isn't a breakdown, in many cases, it was a cutting off. So sadly I dont knowing there is much to discuss.

Last edited:
I did actually read the article. In fact, I tend to read a lot of articles from a lot of sources and that sometimes does include the DM. I guess my point here is that while I do believe they were friendly and certainly had a very comfortable relationship both personally and professionally, I wouldn't really expect them to be seen knocking back drinks in the pub together. I personally believe there are many different levels of friendship and while I do believe that William is capable of and probably does have some "friends" in the press, including at one time Bradby, I still wouldn't really consider them friends of the sort that you plan a game night with and sit around for chatting and wine with the wives. I don't blame William a bit for cutting off Bradby after the behavior of the last year and a half or so but I think it's also important to note that one can be friendly and even "friends" without being especially close. That would include being invited to the wedding. There were a couple thousand people there. While I certainly think they were friendly, again, I don't think they were hanging out on the weekends kind of friendly. Also, if you note, I too commented on the fact that he was hand-picked by the Cambridges to conduct their engagement interview.

I don’t think, as a future King, you have to hang out with someone in pubs or have game night with wives in order to be good friends, especially if your friend is a journalist. This is semantics to me, though. They were friends ti such an extent that William trusted Bradby a great deal, and Bradby broke that trust.

I think that William always believed that private family conversations would remain private. And I think, in particular, Harry had to know that in advance of some of the choices he made last month. So I'm not surprised that William is ending any personal relationships with journalists at the moment.

Personally, I am predicting that Gayle King's statement about the brothers' conversation being unproductive may have hurt William more than anything else that was shared and will be the biggest obstacle for William and Harry's future relationship. I thought that the Cambridges were becoming more relaxed and open with journalists over the past two years, and now I think we will see them pull back again.

I think that William always believed that private family conversations would remain private. And I think, in particular, Harry had to know that in advance of some of the choices he made last month. So I'm not surprised that William is ending any personal relationships with journalists at the moment.

Personally, I am predicting that Gayle King's statement about the brothers' conversation being unproductive may have hurt William more than anything else that was shared and will be the biggest obstacle for William and Harry's future relationship. I thought that the Cambridges were becoming more relaxed and open with journalists over the past two years, and now I think we will see them pull back again.

I think Charles also isn’t likely to talk to Harry about anything more then frivolitiew. I agree that William might pull back from becoming friendly with media, but Harry will still use his own favorites to get his message across.

I agree entirely. While the rest of it has all been no doubt hurtful, I'd venture to say that the Gayle King statement about the conversation is what really drove home that this may be an irreparable breach in the relationship. This really is, from everything we've ever heard about these brothers and their circles, the ultimate unforgivable action.

We may see them pull back or we may not...I haven't quite made up my mind about whether I think they'll pull back in a bit of a self-defensive mode or whether they'll intentionally keep the relaxed and open front so that it becomes clear that they're not going to constantly spend their days on defense and dwelling on the drama and venom that may be thrown at them.

Last edited:

I agree entirely. While the rest of it has all been no doubt hurtful, I'd venture to say that the Gayle King statement about the conversation is what really drove home that this may be an irreparable breach in the relationship. This really is, from everything we've ever heard about these brothers and their circles, the ultimate unforgivable action.

I agree, hearing the US media about talk what should have remained a private conversation between the family would, no doubt, cause a lot of concern at CH and KP. It also reinforces the extent to whih Meghan and Harry are willing to weaponise their increasingly broken relationship with the BRF in their pursuit to present themselves as the victims here. Deeply distasteful, IMO!

We may see them pull back or we may not...I haven't quite made up my mind about whether I think they'll pull back in a bit of a self-defensive mode or whether they'll intentionally keep the relaxed and open front so that it becomes clear that they're not going to constantly spend their days on defense and dwelling on the drama and venom that may be thrown at them.

I am not sure I quite agree with that. I expect the Cambridges appreciate the need to have a good, working relationship with the media, and I suspect will continue down that path. I suspect they are never particularly indiscrete, so I don't expect things will change too much for them.

I think that they never quite trust the media but they have worked out a way to work with them and let them know enough to promote their causes and do their jobs.. but never letting anyting personal get out....

Arthur Edwards seems to be close (or in a good relationship) with the Wales as indicated by the Cambridges interaction with him (hospital photo-ops, one engagement when Catherine mix beer(?) for William) and even CH twitter posted birthday message to him last year.

So other than the engagement interview and wedding invitation (and DM's claim), is there anything else to back William-Bradby's close friendship?
(I vaguely recall reading similar story about the fallout between William and Bradby about two years ago around the SA intervew, so is it rehash or they reconciled and now it's done for good?)

You know, two years ago The Sun had an article about the fall-out between Catherine and her (allegedly) close friend, Rose Hansbury. Even with the latter's appearance with the Cambridges and co. in January 2019, I'm still in doubt that they're ever close (as in "close" like Catherine and Sophie Carter), more than the fact that they're neighbours.

Dan Wooten writes an open letter to Prince William regarding Tom Bradby and the Sussexes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...OOTTON-writes-open-letter-Prince-William.html

Is Dan Wooten trying to replace Tom Bradby for the Cambridges? It's obvious he's trying to suck up to them. The article is sprinkled with inaccuracies and falsehoods. Hard to take him seriously.

As for the relationship- The road to peace and reconciliation will be shorter and easily traversed if they both agree that hurt and offense were done on both sides. Then and only then can constructive conversations be had.

Is Dan Wooten trying to replace Tom Bradby for the Cambridges? It's obvious he's trying to suck up to them. The article is sprinkled with inaccuracies and falsehoods. Hard to take him seriously.

As for the relationship- The road to peace and reconciliation will be shorter and easily traversed if they both agree that hurt and offense were done on both sides. Then and only then can constructive conversations be had.
Suck up is a really good way to describe it - you hit the nail on the head!

What a beautiful pictures! Happy Wedding Anniversary to the Duke and the Duchess!!!

I’m in love...❤️❤️❤️❤️ . You can see how much they love each other..their happiness bursts through the photos. They’re even matching in blue....these are two of my all time Royal photos; so, so warm and lovely, just beautiful

These are wonderful photos. Just beautiful. They look so happy.

Lovely anniversary photos!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pictures of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with their beautiful smiles and blue coloured matching outfits! :flowers:

What a great way to celebrate their 10th year wedding anniversary! ?

I couldn't agree more!! Happy 10th wedding anniversary to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The "What She Wore" website has recapped their anniversary with highlights leading up to and including video of their wedding. I enjoyed looking back:) https://whatkatewore.com/2021/04/28/ten-years-ago-preps-for-the-2011-royal-wedding/#more-71120

Oh my Goodness, what reporters are ready to do to get attention, as if anybody needed his advice, unbelievable. But again the focus is not on W&K but the Sussex who left duty behind.

Congratulation to W&K, may their marriage last till death.

I see I am the only one who dislikes both pictures. They remind me so much of this horrible photoshopped christmascardpicture from some years ago.
Catherines eyes are so empty and if I didnt know how nice she can look and everything... She strikes me so lifeless there, and her smile seems so forced.
And I don't get this "Oh lets dress totally in blue, everyone of us".

No, sorry. I can't agree to this pictures as wonderful. There have been better ones.

I think the pictures are really lovely! The couple appear so natural together and have matured beautifully since their wedding day.

I have to confess to being a little disappointed that a picture with the children wasn’t included.

I don’t know why children should be included in these photos. It’s a wedding anniversary and they were a committed long term couple in love long before they were parents. It’s appropriate and right to celebrate that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom