General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Kate had hyperemesis gravidarum during all her pregnancies.

It's possible - Lady Nicholas Windsor had her last child at 45 - but I doubt the Cambridges will have more children. They seem to be quite happy with the three of them.

As Duchess Catherine is 39 years old this year, her 40th birthday will fall in 2022 which already has the 50th birthday of CP Mary; Queen Margrethe's Golden Jubilee and the centenary for the use of insulin for sugar diabetes and the Winter Olympics in Beijing. Also 2022 will the centenary year for the births of Renata Tebaldi, Doris Day, Judy Garland and Ava Gardner if I am correct.

The DM is claiming in this article that the Cambridges have a new 8 month old puppy from a litter by one of James Middleton's dogs. The puppy had arrived prior to Lupo's death. The mother of the puppy is Lupo's sister, Luna.

Mr Middleton, 33, originally bred a litter of puppies from his dog Ella in 2011. He kept one called Luna but gave brother Lupo to Kate in early 2012 when Prince William, then an RAF search-and-rescue pilot, was deployed to the Falklands.Last summer, Mr Middleton, who was staying with his parents at their Berkshire home, bred another litter of six puppies with Luna as their mother.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ew-spaniel-puppy-brother-James-Middleton.html

Last edited:
I think they are done with having more children, 3 is already a lot nowadays and I believe William said that 3 was quite challenging, at least, that's what I perceived from him based on his interviews around Louis' birth (I doubt they stopped because of criticism, because if they truly wanted another child, they would. No parents, be it royals or not, should not be deprived of wanting children of their own, and are free to decide how many they want).

As Duchess Catherine is 39 years old this year, her 40th birthday will fall in 2022 which already has the 50th birthday of CP Mary; Queen Margrethe's Golden Jubilee and the centenary for the use of insulin for sugar diabetes and the Winter Olympics in Beijing. Also 2022 will the centenary year for the births of Renata Tebaldi, Doris Day, Judy Garland and Ava Gardner if I am correct.

Let's not forget that most lovable "Golden Girl", Betty White, turns 100 and is one of those people that just doesn't let old age slow her down much. :D

The DM is claiming in this article that the Cambridges have a new 8 month old puppy from a litter by one of James Middleton's dogs. The puppy had arrived prior to Lupo's death. The mother of the puppy is Lupo's sister, Luna.

How sweet. There's nothing like a warm snout of a puppy with a fierce wagging tail to mend the hole in the heart made by the death of a beloved dog. Now the question is: Who's training who?

I think they are done with having more children, 3 is already a lot nowadays and I believe William said that 3 was quite challenging, at least, that's what I perceived from him based on his interviews around Louis' birth (I doubt they stopped because of criticism, because if they truly wanted another child, they would. No parents, be it royals or not, should not be deprived of wanting children of their own, and are free to decide how many they want).

Don't forget the Cambridges now have a fourth child already - their new puppy! :D

Faye Brookes (Former Coronation Street actress) and her professional skater partner Hamish Gaman did a routine on the wedding of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on ITV's Dancing on Ice. Their routine is part of the Love Stories theme (Week 5) and they skated to the song "Marry You" by Bruno Mars. The episode on Sunday also sits on Valentine's day, hence the theme for that week.

Video released by Dancing on Ice's channel (not the full routine unfortunately)

Since this year is the 10th wedding anniversary of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, I'm not surprised by the ITV's production team decision (A lot of weekly skating performances were decided by producers rather than the celebrities, professional partners and choreographers). However, I'm unsure and don't know what to make of the appropriateness of routine.

Some articles written about Faye Brookes and Hamish Gaman's performance this week (ignore the dramatised headlines):
https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/14/danc...blasts-judges-as-faye-brookes-cries-14081242/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...c-Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-DOI-performance.html
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/t...ddleton-Prince-William-Faye-Brookes-ITV-video

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure where to put this post, which is about the then Prince William of Wales and Kate Middleton, in particularly before the wedding. Alistair Campbell, Tony Blair's Official's spokesperson and former Downing Street Press Secretary has apparently released his volumes of Diaries according to this Daily Mail article. Campbell described the non-invitation of Gordon Brown and Tony Blair to William & Catherine's wedding as a snub like ‘some kind of establishment revenge’ on the former Labour PMs.

What Campbell wrote in his diary
Sunday 24 April, 2011
Emerged that TB and GB not going to the royal wedding ‘because they’re not members of the Order of the Garter’ whereas Major is. F***** ludicrous. Probably some kind of establishment revenge. But pretty petty and silly.

April 28
We (my mum and I) had our usual argument about the royals. I was feeling more anti than ever as a result of the TB–GB (Tony Blair- Gordon Brown) non-invitation.

Lots of different theories – Charles because of hunting ban, William because TB revealed details of private conversations in his book, Camilla because she doesn’t like us. Idiotic whatever. It wasn’t getting big play but it was one of those things people would remember.

Into town to meet Jeremy Heywood at the ICA which was a bit crowded so we found a hotel nearby and had a couple of hours chatting over stuff. On the wedding snub he said it was very much the royals.

Cameron and Osborne both went ballistic, said it was a bad error, worried they would get the blame. They have little time for GB but respect TB – they call him ‘the master’ – and in any event it would reflect badly on everyone.

Cameron was worried if people thought it was his decision they would see it as spiteful and petty. Jeremy had called the Palace and asked what was going on but once it was out there they had decided and that was it. He said the whole Cameron team were pretty much obsessed by the TB operation.

They respected TB, Peter and me and learned a lot from what we did. Jeremy had even floated the idea of them asking me in to help on Libya comms.

He said he had said I was the only person who had ever managed to get the integration needed for this kind of thing. They were interested but in the end still saw me as a tribal Labour person they couldn’t really trust on the inside.

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Invitation snub for Tony Blair and Gordon Brown at Prince William and Kate's wedding was 'establishment revenge' on the former Labour PMs, Alastair Campbell claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...rown-establishment-revenge-says-Campbell.html

There was a stir at that time in 2011, when Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were not invited to the Royal Wedding. Some Labour politicians were upset at Downing St and Conservative Government for being vindictive. St James's Palace however said that William & Kate and Households for The Queen and Prince of Wales made the decision on the wedding invitation. Downing St also said the the wedding guest list was decided by the Royal Family and their households. According to St. James Palace, both John Major and Margaret Thatcher were invited, because they are Knights of the Garter, while Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were not.

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown royal wedding 'snub' row
Senior Labour figures have criticised the decision not to invite Tony Blair and Gordon Brown to the royal wedding.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-13211696

I'm not quite sure where to put this post, which is about the then Prince William of Wales and Kate Middleton, in particularly before the wedding. Alistair Campbell, Tony Blair's Official's spokesperson and former Downing Street Press Secretary has apparently released his volumes of Diaries according to this Daily Mail article. Campbell described the non-invitation of Gordon Brown and Tony Blair to William & Catherine's wedding as a snub like ‘some kind of establishment revenge’ on the former Labour PMs.

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Invitation snub for Tony Blair and Gordon Brown at Prince William and Kate's wedding was 'establishment revenge' on the former Labour PMs, Alastair Campbell claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...rown-establishment-revenge-says-Campbell.html

There was a stir at that time in 2011, when Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were not invited to the Royal Wedding. Some Labour politicians were upset at Downing St and Conservative Government for being vindictive. St James's Palace however said that William & Kate and Households for The Queen and Prince of Wales made the decision on the wedding invitation. Downing St also said the the wedding guest list was decided by the Royal Family and their households. According to St. James Palace, both John Major and Margaret Thatcher were invited, because they are Knights of the Garter, while Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were not.

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown royal wedding 'snub' row
Senior Labour figures have criticised the decision not to invite Tony Blair and Gordon Brown to the royal wedding.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-13211696

That was all such guff. I remember that at the time. They weren't invited because they weren't. Former Prime Ministers weren't invited to things like this. Major played a huge part in the boys life and was their guardian. He was at Harry's too. Campbell got a bit carried away.

Theresa May (then PM) was not at Harry’s wedding

Once you start inviting ex PM's where do you stop. How do we know they weren't on the original list that was torn up because William didn't know any of them. When it comes to Royal weddings someone is always going get their nose out of joint.

I have to say....good for William. I’m sorry about the loss of a friendship, but Bradby made his choice.

While phone calls and communication between the Duke of Sussex in California and Bradby in London have become commonplace, William, in contrast, is said to no longer trust the high profile journalist who was once a close confidante.

A royal insider revealed: 'The friendship between William and Tom is very much over. The Duke feels let down by Bradby and the way he's acted over the past few months.

The royal source said: 'Some staff at the Palaces are even angrier about Bradby and the tone of his reporting at ITV News, which they consider to be pro-Harry and Meghan.

'It's well-known Bradby personally communicates with Harry on a regular basis and that is pretty obvious to royal aides who know how things work.

'But it's been very difficult to accept given the long history between Bradby and William.'

William was once so close with Bradby that he was chosen to conduct the November 2010 engagement exclusive interview with him and Kate. Bradby went on to attend the nuptials at Westminster Abbey as a guest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-ends-20-year-friendship-ITVs-Tom-Bradby.html

I think everything that comes out of DM should be taken with a grain of salt but if true, I think that Palace staff considering Bradby "pro-Harry and Meghan" comment speaks volumes. You're only allowed to be anti-Harry and Meghan now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everything that comes out of DM should be taken with a grain of salt but if true, I think that Palace staff considering Bradby "pro-Harry and Meghan" comment speaks volumes. You're only allowed to be anti-Harry and Meghan now?

Bradby is no longer a royal reporter he is a news anchor. Just a natural progression and people grow apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently that is a program on ITV called "The Day William and Kate Got Married" in which different people recall their experiences from the day. Does anyone know if it will be shown in the US or if it might show up on you tube?

Bradby had moved on from royal reporting by the time of Harry and Meghan and had been replaced by Ship. He had nothing to loose and was after the story.

Hopefully what's his face, the book writer, also k ow that his royal reporting days are essentially over.

I’m not sure why that should make a difference...it doesn’t to me. William wasn’t expecting Bradby to show favoritism to him, but I’m sure he expected him to be professional. As far as I’m concerned, Bradby is H and M’s mouthpiece, like Gayle King seems to be...and he’s enabled H and M to take pot shots at and damage William’s family, personally and as regards the institution of the Monarchy

Apparently that is a program on ITV called "The Day William and Kate Got Married" in which different people recall their experiences from the day. Does anyone know if it will be shown in the US or if it might show up on you tube?

It was a nice programme with the cake maker and dress embroider, police, photographer.

I’m not sure why that should make a difference...it doesn’t to me. William wasn’t expecting Bradby to show favoritism to him, but I’m sure he expected him to be professional. As far as I’m concerned, Bradby is H and M’s mouthpiece, like Gayle King seems to be...and he’s enabled H and M to take pot shots at and damage William’s family, personally and as regards the institution of the Monarchy

He really doesn't say anything about them now he presents the news

He really doesn't say anything about them now he presents the news

Maybe so, but it’s too late.....clearly William feels he can’t trust Bradby any longer, for good reasons.

I doubt he does. He has far more sense and ruthless self awareness.

I think this is probably mostly the case but I also think that while I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be "friends" I do think he has some reporters that he's relatively comfortable around and maybe has a cordial and very workable relationship with. I think Bradby was one of these just like we know that Arthur Edwards is, too. Remember that after at least two of the children were born there's video of him pointing Edwards out to Catherine and saying something like "oh there's Arthur, too" and they specifically asked for Bradby to do their engagement interview.

So anyway, all of that to say, I don't know that I would believe that he's besties with any reporter but I do think he's much more friendly with some and now Bradby is no longer on that list.

I think this is probably mostly the case but I also think that while I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be "friends" I do think he has some reporters that he's relatively comfortable around and maybe has a cordial and very workable relationship with. I think Bradby was one of these just like we know that Arthur Edwards is, too. Remember that after at least two of the children were born there's video of him pointing Edwards out to Catherine and saying something like "oh there's Arthur, too" and they specifically asked for Bradby to do their engagement interview.

So anyway, all of that to say, I don't know that I would believe that he's besties with any reporter but I do think he's much more friendly with some and now Bradby is no longer on that list.

Well neither would be around him anymore. He isn't on the royal beat. I mean this isn't a break in a relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom