The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #921  
Old 05-10-2020, 04:22 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,873
Such a wonderful thing to do. My mother is a civil servant and had some people from Kensington Palace join her department at the end of last month (virtually of course!). William is going to be a fantastic monarch and I think he'll make his reign really "personal" i.e. he will always be in touch with the public as best as he can.
__________________

__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #922  
Old 05-20-2020, 03:30 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 334
KP just shared unseen (behind the scene) photo of The Duchess from Chelsea Flower Show last year.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...96559488331777

Something like this is what always make me ponder how good was CC or number of engagements can represent how hard a Royal has worked. Such as this case, she must have spent hours to build her garden but it wasn't reflected in her no of engagement, or Sophie doing volunteering job which also not recorded in CC.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #923  
Old 05-20-2020, 03:58 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
KP just shared unseen (behind the scene) photo of The Duchess from Chelsea Flower Show last year.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...96559488331777

Something like this is what always make me ponder how good was CC or number of engagements can represent how hard a Royal has worked. Such as this case, she must have spent hours to build her garden but it wasn't reflected in her no of engagement, or Sophie doing volunteering job which also not recorded in CC.
The number of engagements carried out every year is a blunt tool, and misses a lot of the preparatory work that may go into an engagement, or the amount of time spent at an enagement. That said, it is one of the few objective indicators of measuring how busy a royal has been.
Reply With Quote
  #924  
Old 05-20-2020, 04:32 AM
Claire's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The number of engagements carried out every year is a blunt tool, and misses a lot of the preparatory work that may go into an engagement, or the amount of time spent at an enagement. That said, it is one of the few objective indicators of measuring how busy a royal has been.
The matter has been discuss at the Palace oddly after it became common for people to judge a royals commitment to duty by the amount of engagements. It was thrown out as they are very affirming that the court circulars were just to inform.
Some royals actually will never tell the press or twitter what they are currently doing as they consider it against the purpose of charity. Point in case - how many pics of Edward and the Wessex children do you see on twitter and the press. They are definitely volunteering - their whole area knows it as they see it. But Edward will not allow photos to be taken of it. Bad karma to do charity work for the good PR of it.
- However all this is OT.
Reply With Quote
  #925  
Old 05-20-2020, 04:36 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The number of engagements carried out every year is a blunt tool, and misses a lot of the preparatory work that may go into an engagement, or the amount of time spent at an enagement. That said, it is one of the few objective indicators of measuring how busy a royal has been.
I remember when the Cambridges were engaged and they were living in Wales, Katherine was asked what she would do, and I am paraphrasing her, she said she had a lot to learn , so although she was being criticised in some quarters for not working she was in fact learning about the job behind the scenes. Even today there is a lot of preparation before a trip, could you imagine a tour to a foreign country all that goes into that to make sure you do not put a foot wrong. Or a meeting about a particular project or charity. I am including all the family in this not just the Cambridges.
Reply With Quote
  #926  
Old 05-20-2020, 05:27 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I remember when the Cambridges were engaged and they were living in Wales, Katherine was asked what she would do, and I am paraphrasing her, she said she had a lot to learn , so although she was being criticised in some quarters for not working she was in fact learning about the job behind the scenes. Even today there is a lot of preparation before a trip, could you imagine a tour to a foreign country all that goes into that to make sure you do not put a foot wrong. Or a meeting about a particular project or charity. I am including all the family in this not just the Cambridges.
Well said. There is a huge amoutn of work that goes on behind the scenes, and the engagement numbers do not necessarily reflect that.
Reply With Quote
  #927  
Old 05-26-2020, 09:36 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,388
Catherine the Great, The Duchess of Cambridge is the front cover and main feature in the July/August Tatler.

https://twitter.com/tatlermagazine/s...873504256?s=21

There is no interview, no connection to Catherine herself, Tatler have chosen this.

I can’t wait to buy it!
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #928  
Old 05-26-2020, 09:39 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,758
That article is certainly something based on the exerts I am seeing.
Reply With Quote
  #929  
Old 05-26-2020, 11:00 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine the Great, The Duchess of Cambridge is the front cover and main feature in the July/August Tatler.

https://twitter.com/tatlermagazine/s...873504256?s=21

There is no interview, no connection to Catherine herself, Tatler have chosen this.

I can’t wait to buy it!
You can tell there's no connection by reading some of the excerpts. They gleefully remind the readers of all the nasty nicknames aimed at Catherine over the years. And then Tatler takes some swipes at the Middleton family, especially Carole. Then they offer some lukewarm praise basically saying "We thought she'd suck at this job, but she's proven to be a useful team player for the royals".

It's Tatler's usual passive-agressive pretense, where the writer brags about their access to aristo circles and has the aristos and former courtiers give evaluations on the former Middleclass Middleton, and of course all the compliments are back-handed because we wouldn't want the Duchess to get a big head..
Reply With Quote
  #930  
Old 05-26-2020, 12:37 PM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
You can tell there's no connection by reading some of the excerpts. They gleefully remind the readers of all the nasty nicknames aimed at Catherine over the years. And then Tatler takes some swipes at the Middleton family, especially Carole. Then they offer some lukewarm praise basically saying "We thought she'd suck at this job, but she's proven to be a useful team player for the royals".

It's Tatler's usual passive-agressive pretense, where the writer brags about their access to aristo circles and has the aristos and former courtiers give evaluations on the former Middleclass Middleton, and of course all the compliments are back-handed because we wouldn't want the Duchess to get a big head..
Tatler and the aristos can joke as much as they want about Middeclass-Middleton and Doors-to-Manual Carole, but those Middleton girls have certainly married way above the chattering aristos. And as far as Catherine is concerned, she has always been a class act, IMO!
Reply With Quote
  #931  
Old 05-26-2020, 01:11 PM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 711
Ah, good old Tatler I don't even have to read it to know what's going to be in it, a few swipes at middle-class upbringing, Carole the mastermind, who planned it all since her children were born, but overall quite positive.

It's been years and some of them still can't accept the fact she married Willliam.
Reply With Quote
  #932  
Old 05-26-2020, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,635
I have no access to the mag, but someone tweeted an article stating that Kate’s friends “need a lesson in self-awareness” because they spoke out about Kate feeling overwhelmed by the added workload, her resentment at the Sussexes for leaving and essentially forcing she and William to pick up the slack, etc...

I have no idea if any of this is true, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. I have no issue with Kate feeling this way, but a lot of issues if her friends are speaking out as their (unnamed) quotes in the article are completely clueless and could be damaging to Kate.

The Cambridges might want to get new friends - because with friends like these, who needs enemies?
Reply With Quote
  #933  
Old 05-26-2020, 03:36 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Tatler and the aristos can joke as much as they want about Middeclass-Middleton and Doors-to-Manual Carole, but those Middleton girls have certainly married way above the chattering aristos. And as far as Catherine is concerned, she has always been a class act, IMO!
Well said Muriel! Those 'chattering aristos' aren't as classy as they think they are. The REALLY classy aristos (yes I've met quite a few, including some royal ones) aren't snotty, snobby or stuffy in the slightest. If you need to look down on others, there's something lacking within yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 05-26-2020, 03:38 PM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I have no access to the mag, but someone tweeted an article stating that Kate’s friends “need a lesson in self-awareness” because they spoke out about Kate feeling overwhelmed by the added workload, her resentment at the Sussexes for leaving and essentially forcing she and William to pick up the slack, etc...

I have no idea if any of this is true, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. I have no issue with Kate feeling this way, but a lot of issues if her friends are speaking out as their (unnamed) quotes in the article are completely clueless and could be damaging to Kate.

The Cambridges might want to get new friends - because with friends like these, who needs enemies?
WTF? Honestly it's hard to believe that after 15+ years of silence her friends chose this moment to speak to the papers about DoC and her feelings about the current situation. It doesn't make any sense to me...
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 05-26-2020, 04:55 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
WTF? Honestly it's hard to believe that after 15+ years of silence her friends chose this moment to speak to the papers about DoC and her feelings about the current situation. It doesn't make any sense to me...
Kensington Palace denied it. Said it was a false story.
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 05-26-2020, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
WTF? Honestly it's hard to believe that after 15+ years of silence her friends chose this moment to speak to the papers about DoC and her feelings about the current situation. It doesn't make any sense to me...
I agree with you, Kate and William have been careful with their choice of friends, they are the ultimate in discretion. Many of them are god parents to the children, I find it hard to believe that any of their inner circle have spoken out. Why now, there is no need.
Some body stirring the pot, or else trying to pretend they are closer than they actually are,
Reply With Quote
  #937  
Old 05-26-2020, 05:27 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I agree with you, Kate and William have been careful with their choice of friends, they are the ultimate in discretion. Many of them are god parents to the children, I find it hard to believe that any of their inner circle have spoken out. Why now, there is no need.
Some body stirring the pot, or else trying to pretend they are closer than they actually are,
I agree. William and Catherine, as far as heir's standards go, are fairly private and I can imagine their friends are similar. I highly doubt this story to be true. Lockdown boredom kicking in, probably.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 05-26-2020, 05:31 PM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesam View Post
Kensington Palace denied it. Said it was a false story.
Good, I thought this might be the case. I'm very glad this was cleared up, though it's pretty interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I agree with you, Kate and William have been careful with their choice of friends, they are the ultimate in discretion. Many of them are god parents to the children, I find it hard to believe that any of their inner circle have spoken out. Why now, there is no need.
Some body stirring the pot, or else trying to pretend they are closer than they actually are,
Honestly, it's been almost twenty years of Catherine and William knowing each other, being in a relationship and married and we barely had anything from their friends, that's why it's so hard to believe. I'm glad KP denied the story, but who and why is the question now.
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 05-26-2020, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesam View Post
Kensington Palace denied it. Said it was a false story.
It is interesting that they have came right out and denied it, as we know they often just ignore some of the stories. IMO they are trying to ensure that there is nothing to fuel the flames of any so called 'feud' in the eyes of the public.
Reply With Quote
  #940  
Old 05-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I agree with you, Kate and William have been careful with their choice of friends, they are the ultimate in discretion. Many of them are god parents to the children, I find it hard to believe that any of their inner circle have spoken out. Why now, there is no need.
Some body stirring the pot, or else trying to pretend they are closer than they actually are,
I’m glad to hear this...it didn’t sound right to me, not the friends complaining or Kate complaining and OKing her friends going public. She seems very much in tune to public feeling - in a good way - and is a compassionate, caring person who understands that everyone is making sacrifices
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Extended Bernadotte Family, News Part 1: March 2017 - JessRulz Royal House of Sweden 316 09-20-2021 02:48 PM
General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1570 03-19-2017 12:27 AM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baby names biography british british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan hello! history house of windsor japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers monarchist movements monarchists mountbatten plantinum jubilee politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria royal ancestry royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech st edward thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×