The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2020, 06:29 AM
Royal Highness

Hasn't it always been said that they wear "traditional/classic" clothes for official events and photo ops but wear modern kids clothes etc off camera? It's a way of giving them a uniform for work and making them less recognisable if you see Prince George in a park in a Spiderman tee shirt and jeans.

As for seeing their private celebrations, I'd certainly be interested if they wanted to release those pics but they never have and I understand that. It doesn't mean they don't have awesome informal parties. I think we're getting reasonable amounts of pics without being too intrusive. Last night was about co-ordinating as a family for their official role and possibly blue for NHS. They seem able to make fun of themselves and relax a bit with the "insta vs reality" pics and William playing the royal buffoon part for charity.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:04 AM
Administrator

A reminder that we can discuss clothes worn by young royal in the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...9-a-46625.html thread.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I think the idea was that they were all wearing blue, the colour associated with the National Health Service. Even football teams which famously play in red have been lighting their grounds up in blue!

Great to see the support for the NHS in the UK!
Old 04-24-2020, 12:58 PM
Nobility

What a beautiful family! It’s been wonderful to watch both Catherine and William evolve from college students to future king and queen and parents.
They have really managed to curve their own path as they continue to grow into their roles while building a strong family.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I've noticed with the last "clapping" video is that Charlotte is very much the "leader of the pack". Right up front there and getting down to business as soon as she's outside. This is a little girl that is going to grow up and know what she's doing and how she's going to do it and make no mistake, she'll be well prepared ahead of time.

I know, I know, I'm being fanciful but in this case, I see a lot of her Aunt Anne in Charlotte. No flies on this kid.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I've noticed with the last "clapping" video is that Charlotte is very much the "leader of the pack". Right up front there and getting down to business as soon as she's outside. This is a little girl that is going to grow up and know what she's doing and how she's going to do it and make no mistake, she'll be well prepared ahead of time.

I know, I know, I'm being fanciful but in this case, I see a lot of her Aunt Anne in Charlotte. No flies on this kid.
I don’t want to offend, but I was just about to post the comments from this body language expert who said the same thing about Charlotte being a leader. I’m just like, seriously? Reading body language in kids ? Essentially already pre-judging them, especially George, who she sees as a follower? I think she’s so out of line.

I just think these are kids, and I don’t think we should be reading anything into their behavior. Remember that William was a scamp as a kid ...and he ended up being solid as a rock.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

Re Blackadder, as others have said 2-4 are the best. I didn't find 1 all that funny tbh but they were just starting out.

Nursie is a wonderfully dotty character in series 2.

Hugh Laurie is hilarious as the Prince of Wales (later Prince Regent) in series 3.

Series 4 is not only fantastic comedy but a biting satire on WW1. The end scene is very well done.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:53 AM
Gentry

Plans are underway for Princess Charlotte's birthday which will be celebrated via ZOOM due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There's also talks of her engaging in some outdoor activities at Anmer Hall for her birthday.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William allows air ambulances to use Kensington Palace during COVID19 pandemic to help save lives

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...-a4430821.html
Old 05-08-2020, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Mark VE Day on their social media: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_6uN1ll...d=av6w1ybpxvr7

It also suggest we will see the Cambridge’s later.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Mark VE Day on their social media: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_6uN1ll...d=av6w1ybpxvr7

It also suggest we will see the Cambridge’s later.
And we did indeed ,wonderful videos from the BRF

Old 05-08-2020, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

That was wonderful, very well done by the staff and the Cambridges! Lovely to see and hear from some of the veterans.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Nobility

Well done! Enjoyed the video very much!
Old 05-09-2020, 03:06 AM
Gentry

The staff and the Cambridges have done well! I'm glad that the Cambridges aren't letting the pandemic stop them from delivering their duties. I hope more royals in the world would follow their footsteps in taking their duties seriously.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:11 AM
Courtier

It's such a lovely thing they're doing and I'm glad we're seeing them quite a lot during this time.

It's been very nice to actually see them interacting with people - usually we don't have such a good audio/video of them talking to the members of the public and I'm glad I got to see that. And the little snippets we get of homeschooling the children are always fun!

I'm really glad they're so visible during this time. Big points for them this month!
Old 05-09-2020, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

It was a lovely programme all round - the BBC had arranged for a war veteran whose 100th birthday party had had to be cancelled to speak to his relatives in Australia by video, and they also spoke to a couple marking their 75th wedding anniversary - after their wedding, they only had a couple of days together before he had to go back to his regiment - and arranged for a woman who'd been in the WRNS during the war but never got her medal to be presented with it (at a distance!) with Scottish pipers piping. I'm not the BBC's biggest fan, but it was great - and it was lovely to see William and Kate involved.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow...

I literally said “there’s OUR future king and Queen”, lol.....I had just been indulging in a binge of “Land of Hope and Glory” from various Proms (on You Tube), and I think I forgot for a few moments that I’m not British!

Quote:
Kate Middleton and Prince William have sent their staff to work for the Government in the middle of the pandemic. The royal staff exodus was not publicised and the incredible gesture was only revealed by a royal expert this week. This comes as Kate and William continued to work to find ways to bring the country together during lockdown.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...warming-latest
Old 05-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Doing this with their staff says a whole mouthful of words about William and Catherine and the kind of people they are. Finding ways all over the place to be of service to the people during the time of this pandemic. They are not just standing outside and clapping or opening a NHS facility via video conference but also, without making it public, ask their staff to go where they are needed more.

This isn't a couple sitting at in a formal dining room summoning courses of food by the ringing of a silver bell. This is a couple deeply involved with doing what they can for the people because they deeply care.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Wow...

I literally said “there’s OUR future king and Queen”, lol.....I had just been indulging in a binge of “Land of Hope and Glory” from various Proms (on You Tube), and I think I forgot for a few moments that I’m not British!

Quote:
Kate Middleton and Prince William have sent their staff to work for the Government in the middle of the pandemic. The royal staff exodus was not publicised and the incredible gesture was only revealed by a royal expert this week. This comes as Kate and William continued to work to find ways to bring the country together during lockdown.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...warming-latest
I don't blame you at all! If you're nice, we could even share, but just a bit! People already treat BRF as The Royal Family, so...

This is an AMAZING gesture. Not only are we seeing them a lot lately, but also they're working without their full staff. It's great that they recognized that the resources are now needed more elsewhere and decided to help, delegating their employees where they could try to improve the situation. This just shows not only their kindness, but also understanding that not everything has to be about them. They are here to serve their country and their queen.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I don't blame you at all! If you're nice, we could even share, but just a bit! People already treat BRF as The Royal Family, so...

This is an AMAZING gesture. Not only are we seeing them a lot lately, but also they're working without their full staff. It's great that they recognized that the resources are now needed more elsewhere and decided to help, delegating their employees where they could try to improve the situation. This just shows not only their kindness, but also understanding that not everything has to be about them. They are here to serve their country and their queen.
Share and share alike! I'm sure I'm not alone among Americans in wishing we had a Queen instead of this mockery of a president, lol. When I was watching those You Tube videos, I honesty felt British, lol. Man, that's inspiring.

The Cambridge's are awesome. Not only do they have a strong sense of duty, but they are compassionate - and they clearly connect with the people. I love how they've involved their kids as well - there's no doubt that between Charles, William and much, much later, George, the monarchy is in good hands. Not making this gesture wouldn't have been wrong - no one would have thought anything about it - but doing so shows how thoughtful they are, that they use their privileged position for the good.