The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2020, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wonderful news,Capt. Thomas Moore is an inspiration.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have praised the extraordinary fundraising efforts of the 99-year-old war veteran, Captain Tom Moore after raising more than £17M for the NHS.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They’ve also narrated a new PHE film;

https://twitter.com/lizzieitv/status...501607424?s=21
My mother was part of the team developing Every Mind Matters; and I've seen various drafts of a lot of different adds so it was exciting for me to see the full product!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-23-2020, 02:56 AM
Administrator

Just to advise that the discussion for Prince Louis' birthday photos has been moved to the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2309710 thread.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

https://twitter.com/KensingtonTeam/status/1253400841249308678?s=20

Whole family out for clap for carers.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William and comedian Stephen Fry doing a comedy sketch as part of tonight's BBC "Big Night In" fundraising event. He's very funny when he wants to be - apparently the Queen is too, but not in public!

William and Kate are doing a brilliant job at the moment. Probably more au fait with using Zoom than the older Royals are!!
Old 04-23-2020, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are such a delightful little family ...
Old 04-23-2020, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

I saw that on TV and was surprised because I hadn't been spoiled. Great little sketch and something a lot of people can relate to, even though I assume he's mastered Zoom by now from both the private chats and public ones that went off fine. Apparently William is a big Blackadder fan so this was probably a lot of fun for him.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Wow, since in the video the series "Blackadder" is mentioned that often...- it is very, very self ironic of the Prince William to portray himself "that" way!
Old 04-23-2020, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now I seriously want to find and watch "Blackadder". I've heard of it but have never seen it but it does star one of my favorite actors. Hugh Laurie. I know of him mostly through his work in the series aired here "House".

Just checked and Blackadder *is* on Netflix. Guess what I'm doing tonight.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just checked and Blackadder *is* on Netflix. Guess what I'm doing tonight.

In the video with Prince William were rather references to the latter episodes.

But please, start with episode one! It is good comedy about the development of the nobility through the ages.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:43 PM
Royal Highness

The first series is completely different to the rest and I enjoy it, but 2-4 are considered classic. Hugh Laurie is in 3&4 and guest stars in 2. Melchett (the "character" PW was talking to) is in 2&4. There have been various other sketches for charity and Rowan Atkinson did one very like this to invite people to apply for tickets to the Queen's Golden Jubilee.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

The fourth series was on when I was about 14, and it was a real cult thing with schoolkids at the time! The second and third series are much more "royal", if people are looking for that - Elizabeth I's a major character in the 2nd series, and the Prince Regent (the future George IV) in the 3rd series.

The picture of the 5 Cambridges doing "Clap for our Carers" is on the front pages of a lot of tomorrow's papers.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:43 PM
Majesty

I was wondering why they were all dressed up for the (weekly?) clapping; but of course they were celebrating Louis' birthday!
Old 04-24-2020, 01:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I was wondering why they were all dressed up for the (weekly?) clapping; but of course they were celebrating Louis' birthday!
They would be all dressed up anyway and they probably filmed it before.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:22 AM
Serene Highness

I think the idea was that they were all wearing blue, the colour associated with the National Health Service. Even football teams which famously play in red have been lighting their grounds up in blue!
Old 04-24-2020, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Blue is their color coordinated 'picture frame photograph family' color. Its their go to for any of their coordinated photographic efforts. It is a happy coincidence here it matches up with health workers.

Heaven forbid we see the kids in their play clothes, after all its Louis' birthday and they probably had cake and some fun even if just the five of them. Mom and dad could look as dressed up as they chose.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:43 AM
Courtier

The Cambridge kids looked playful and their comfortable clothes were lovely for the family doorstep appearance to applaud health care workers.
Blue is the best go to colour.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Blue is their color coordinated 'picture frame photograph family' color. Its their go to for any of their coordinated photographic efforts. It is a happy coincidence here it matches up with health workers.

Heaven forbid we see the kids in their play clothes, after all its Louis' birthday and they probably had cake and some fun even if just the five of them. Mom and dad could look as dressed up as they chose.
I don't see the issue here - we've seen the children plenty of times in more casual clothes. Official photographs shared by KP, polo games, engagements or even in the last video when the kiddos were clapping by themselves - name it, there's probably picture to show them in casual clothes.

While I agree that Catherine tends to stick to more traditional clothing, knowing her penchant for playing outdoors, the kids have plenty of comfortable clothes they can get dirty. I don't see anything wrong with that, the children always look good and happy.

Not to mention I'm not really on the train of "show us this, show us that and that thing too" when it comes to Cambridge children. We see them plenty, on different occasions. I can understand why their parents would want to keep their private celebration of Louis' birthday out of official photographs and I don't think we're in a position to demand that they would show us that in any way, shape or form.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:10 AM
Serene Highness

The Cambridge children wear similar clothes on every public appearance and year in year out. And this s a very smart way of not commodising them. It is a clever tactic. I don't for one moment think that is all they have.

They are children and they deserve to have a private, secure childhood like every child and Will and Kate have been doing an excellent job. I think the pictures we get are enough and of course at the moment there are more as the Cambridge's present themselves as the national family.