General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a wonderful thing - and desperately needed. I love how William has taken after his father in understanding the need to take care of our planet. He and Kate have done something truly important on massive scale that everyone can be a part of.

I agree Betsy. Prince Charles has been way ahead of his time on these issues and it's heartwarming to see William tackle the same topics with honesty and humour.

I agree Betsy. Prince Charles has been way ahead of his time on these issues and it's heartwarming to see William tackle the same topics with honesty and humour.

I love that William can tease his dad about his crazy ideas, lol - as someone who loves to tease myself (but only people I care about), I recognize that it’s a great way to express affection without being overly sentimental (which I’m not good at being, lol. I’m also not saying that’s William, though - I’m just making a point)

What’s great is that clearly Charles made an impact on his sons without obviously browbeating it into them to a point where they tuned him out...like kids tend to do when being lectured. The fact is, he ignored the insults that people hurled at him for his “bonkers” ideas because he believed in those ideas...and that’s a good lesson for kids to learn from their parents. William is now passing on those lessons to his own children, and it will be up to their generation to help take care of the planet. It’s a pretty important legacy.

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family have shown their support for our #PoppyAppeal this year by baking these delicious poppy cakes which were delivered to our care home in Norfolk. @KensingtonRoyal"

That's so sweet! Are the family at Anmer Hall right now or are they back in London (I thought the kids were at school but maybe they could have been there for the weekend?)

That's so sweet! Are the family at Anmer Hall right now or are they back in London (I thought the kids were at school but maybe they could have been there for the weekend?)

Its half term, so the kids will have 1-2 weeks off, depending on the school. I would expect the Cambridge family to be at Anmer for now.

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family have shown their support for our #PoppyAppeal this year by baking these delicious poppy cakes which were delivered to our care home in Norfolk. @KensingtonRoyal"

How beautiful ! Also, yummy looking ! It’s wonderful how the entire Cambridge family does such caring things together...

That's sweet and yummy. The Royal British Legion have recently started promoting different ways to commemorate and support veterans this year.

They look yummy! Lovely gesture by the Cambridge family

Wonderful gesture. Wish I could have seen a video of them baking. Wonder how many they "taste tested" before they were delivered?

The cupcakes look delicious!
And it's such a nice gesture during these trying times.

(For those who say it's just a PR stunt, at least it's a kind, thoughtful one).

That's lovely, the cupcakes look delicious. I do think the Cambridges are in Anmer hall on Sandringham Estate, otherwise, it would quite a "cupcakes" transportation from London to Norfolk :lol:

Last edited:
It's half term for most schools so I suspect they are, many private schools have two week half terms so they have have already spent a few days relaxing there as a family.

Makes me want to go out and get a cupcake. Sounds delicious.

Nice gesture to make for this time of year :flowers:

No doubt with the term break they are enjoying being away from London.

Another holiday on the Isles of Scilly for the Cambridge family ... during last week's school break.

The Sun has a report - but I won't link as the article compares the Sussex's life choices.

William and Kate rented a four bedroom stone cottage this time ... no photos.

They weather was cloudy and only reached 14 degrees/57.2 degrees.

The Sun has obtained some quotes from one of the other holidaymakers.

"Hardly noticed at first" by anyone ... kept to themselves.

The headiing is "Scilly Money Prince William and Kate take kids on modest British holiday" etc if you would like to read the article.

Last edited:
Its great that they were able to get away and just be a family without being bothered for a while. That must rank with them as precious as holding a winning lottery ticket worth a fortune. :D

Thank you for sharing Sun Lion. I expect since they've enjoyed seclusion and anonymity previously, they knew it was the right place to enjoy the fall term break.

The Isles of Scilly are 25 miles off Cornwall. Only five of the 140 are inhabited, with a total population of 2,153.
Most of the land and a third of homes are owned by Prince Charles through the Duchy of Cornwall.
The islands are renowned for their beaches, isolated walks, cycling opportunities and quiet pubs.
William has been a regular there and visited with his dad, mum Diana and Harry when they were kids.
Truly sounds like a magical place to spend time as a family.

The Sun is also reporting that Catherine took George and Charlotte to visit the Imperial War Museum in London over the Fall term break.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/1...-public-imperial-war-museum-george-charlotte/

The royal family arrived without a fanfare and seemingly were only spotted by a couple of eagle-eyed people during their personal visit.
A museum insider is said to have claimed George looked in “awe” at the military hardware and seemed knowledgeable about World War II.
Perhaps this is partly due to speaking to his great-grandad, Prince Philip, who served as a first lieutenant during WWII on a ship off the Coast of Sicily.

Isn't it a bad time to travel with covid?

Travel information for those wishing to visit the Scillies.

https://www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk/covid-19/

Visiting Scilly during COVID Isles of Scilly Travel welcome you back to Scilly
We want to ensure you enjoy your visit while staying safe. Just like on the mainland, Scilly have been committed to keeping up with Government guidelines and have put changes and measures in place to keep you and the island community safe.
We want to make you aware of what’s been put in place, so you can plan ahead and ensure you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Although not all of Scillies businesses are open as usual, you can still enjoy a range of shops, cafes and restaurants. However, we respectfully ask that you follow the social distancing measures, use the hand sanitiser provided and ensure you always have your face covering handy.
To avoid disappointment, we recommend researching what’s open, planning your itinerary and in some cases booking ahead. For more information on where is open, updated opening hours, menus and booking/pre-booking requirements – please take a look at the ‘What’s Open Guide’ provided by Visit Isles of Scilly.
CAFES AND RESTAURANTS
Many of the cafes and restaurants on Scilly are operating slightly differently than usual for your safety. You can expect to see changes in opening hours, restricted menus and restricted seating. In many cases you will find that booking or pre-ordering is essential.
SHOPS
We are pleased to see that many of the island shops have reopened, however there will be restrictions in place for the number of people allowed in each shop at one time. You will need to ensure you have a face covering and are asked to sanitise on entering and leaving the shops.
SERVICES
The community bus is currently on hold for this year until further notice. However, you will now find a few taxi services running a regular service. Face coverings will be required, and sanitisation may also be provided and required before entering the vehicle

The Council of the Isles of Scilly list some useful updates on businesses and services on Scilly.
Please also familiarise yourself with this important health information before your visit.
What you need to do if you fall ill with COVID-19 symptoms
How to access a coronavirus test on the Isles of Scilly
Coronavirus testing FAQs
More Health FAQs For Visitors
Keep in touch

Our comp

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a short video overview of what the Scilly Isles have to offer visitors.

Hopefully we'll get a look at the house the Cambridges stayed in this time too.

It took a week or two, but it became known where they spent their earlier summer staycation in July ... Prince Charles' "Dolphin House" that time.

Last edited:
From what I’ve read, it’s not THAT easy to get to the Scillies - I doubt at this time of year that they are crowded. I’m sure W and K are keeping themselves apart from everyone...good for them for allowing themselves this time for themselves !

Not sure taking multiple holidays when your country is in different stages of lockdown and people are struggling with no jobs, lack of money and so on, is the best image to portray right now. Especially when you have a large country home with plenty of space to get away from things for your school break.

I have no doubt they were safe as possible though with the restrictions.

Hoping the kids enjoyed the time. :flowers:

I agree. Even when PP, the Queen and Charles and Camilla "sheltered in place" in Scotland people seemed to see even more of them than usual via the Joy's of technology. The seemed to become even more relaxed and approachable as they kept their fingers firmly on the pulse of the nation.

I am not so sure the Cambridge's are quite so mindful that the whole country is at war with Covid, it's a grind, people have lost their jobs, their hopes and dreams for their future and wonder exactly what that future holds and hope they stay well. William and Catherine are capable of sharing on an empathetic level but only when it suits their plans. As other royals have discovered, carefree holidays and being full time royal workers is tone deaf to say the least.

Isn't it a bad time to travel with covid?

This article is about the Cambridge's holiday in the summer when it was a relatively better time and staycations were actually encouraged by the government to boost the economy. It's hardly like that now!

This article is about the Cambridge's holiday in the summer when it was a relatively better time and staycations were actually encouraged by the government to boost the economy. It's hardly like that now!

It mentions the summer vacation true. But it has been reported that they were sighted during October break on vacation there as well. No photos, but comments from people who spotted them. That they rented a smaller four bedroom cottage this time.

Indeed in the summer the UK government promoted staycations. But as you pointed out that has changed.

It mentions the summer vacation true. But it has been reported that they were sighted during October break on vacation there as well. No photos, but comments from people who spotted them. That they rented a smaller four bedroom cottage this time.

Indeed in the summer the UK government promoted staycations. But as you pointed out that has changed.

Yes, this is the Cambridge family's second staycation this year on the Scilly Islands.

There was a lot of information about their summer visit in July - travel by helicopter, William and Kate seen cycling, people speaking with them, a seal-spotting boat trip, staying at "Dolphin House" on Tresco.

Good they got a chance to visit again before this next big lockdown the UK is facing starts.

Hopefully a few snippets will emerge about this October holiday, apart from the weather change.

I don't know if it is right to move around during this Covid-shut-down time but I think it's right to the Cambridges to take advantage of the several homes that the Royalty have.

Just to be clear, they weren't in shutdown when they went on holiday. They did what a lot families did during half term they went on a staycation. Let's not get carried away here.

Just to be clear, they weren't in shutdown when they went on holiday. They did what a lot families did during half term they went on a staycation. Let's not get carried away here.

Yes, I think it's also good to know there has been some "upside" during these times of Covid.

Not everything and everyone has been knocked over by it.

With so many people not being able to travel to the Gold Coast, Bali, Thailand etc during our recent winter, locals have still spent money and have helped the economy in places that usually have a quiet time of it during these past months.

My home state of Tasmania - after a bad outbreak that the Army was flown in from the mainland to help out with - has had a bumper winter.

It's been Covid free there for a while now and people were clamouring to get out and about even though they couldn't leave the state.

Local accommodation couldn't fit everyone in during the school holidays, and this was during the worse weather months of the year.

I expect a lot of places, local places, have benefited from "captive" populations.

I've never seen so many people fishing as families about the Harbour here in Sydney and partying in the parks.

I think there will be a boom bounce back when this is finally defeated - that is defeated enough, like HIV and other viruses that still lurk about, but aren't rampaging.

Plenty of local holiday spots have probably enjoyed the same phenomenon in the UK, including the Scillies.

And of course, the Cambridges have significant ties to the area that will really kick in as time goes on, so it's great they are becoming part of the life there even now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom