General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good choice. I agree that it seemed silly especially when in most other places, people can collect fossils as they please. I could understand if it was a rare species or a whole preservation like an old woolly mammoth - but fossil hunting has been going on for generations and is a hobby of many.

George seems so mature! Charlotte so sweet and tomboyish--reminds me of my nieces ;D. Little Louis looks like he read from a teleprompter, can he read already? They're all so precious!

What a treat to hear from George, Charlotte and Louis asking Sir David Attenborough questions.?

Charlotte likes spiders. ? I don't know whether to hope she has or hasn't read Charlotte's Web already... (I'd bet she knows it.)

Such a sweet video. And I love DA's responding to their age, but not too childish.

Oh dear, oh dear : cuteness overload !

Wonderful video its my 1st time actually hearing their voices when they asked questions.

They are absolutely precious ..very natural and sweet, all three of them.?

There is no doubt that the Cambridge children are adorable, but Sir David Attenborough was very sweet in the way he engaged with them, as well. What a lovely video.

:previous: Thanks for posting the Cambridge children Sir David Attenborough video. So adorable! I'm with Sir David Attenborough, definitely puppies!!

Intelligent questions answered with information that because of its simplicity, was informative. Charlotte really has me beat as I do *not* care for spiders at all. Louis' question was a good one. You can have a favorite animal but realize that animal should remain in its natural habitat like monkeys. This serves not to only protect the animal but also the animal's natural habitat.

I'm with David Attenborough though. Puppies all the way!!

OMG, so adorable ! I’ve never heard the Cambridge children speak - precious babies ! I love that they are learning at very early ages - from the best - about protecting animals, even ones that many people don’t like (they are the ones who need protecting the most)

There is no doubt that the Cambridge children are adorable, but Sir David Attenborough was very sweet in the way he engaged with them, as well. What a lovely video.

He did a whole question and answers with children on the BBC during the week. Which was adorable. This must have been filmed as part of that. Absolutely adorable.

A lovely idea to do this. You just know that this is going to be replayed many times over the years ahead as a special moment which captures all three Cambridges in their early childhood, and of course the great man himself who answers their questions in a way that relates perfectly to their tender years. Brilliant!

Oh so adorable! Nice to hear the Cambridge children speak - loved the way little Louis said "animal"! ? I liked that the questions were ones you can imagine the children came up with themselves, and that there were no prompts from William and Catherine - completely natural. Cute that Charlotte likes spiders as not many children I know of her age do.

A lovely idea to do this. You just know that this is going to be replayed many times over the years ahead as a special moment which captures all three Cambridges in their early childhood, and of course the great man himself who answers their questions in a way that relates perfectly to their tender years. Brilliant!

Yes!
It will certainly be remembered!
Currently it has a total of over 8million views between Twitter and IG! combined. it's been shared like crazy on my social media, even by friends who do not care for the royals.

What a wonderful thing - and desperately needed. I love how William has taken after his father in understanding the need to take care of our planet. He and Kate have done something truly important on massive scale that everyone can be a part of.

The @Earthshotprize council is a diverse, broad range of people from all around the world who I've been talking to over the last few weeks and months. We've got a really fantastic council together.

Aww poor George........... but I love how sensitive he is about this already; when he grows up, I expect he'll be as passionate about protecting the Earth as his father and grandfather.

Prince William, who just launched his Earthshot Prize initiative to reward those who are making a difference on climate change and conservation, revealed that his eldest son was deeply saddened while learning about extinction.

"So, having watched so many David Attenborough documentaries recently with my children, they absolutely love them, the most recent one — the extinction one — actually George and I had to turn it off, we got so sad about it halfway through," William, 38, told Sky News. "He said to me, 'You know, I don't want to watch this anymore.' "

Prince William continued, "Why has it come to this You know, he's 7 years old and he's asking me these questions already, he really feels it, and I think every 7-year-old out there can relate to that."

https://people.com/royals/prince-wi...-attenborough-documentary-extinction-sadness/

Last edited:
Just saw Chris Ship's interview/report on this on the news. It's certainly a worthy effort, lets hope it works.

??????

The prince gave an interview to BBC Radio 4 plugging the initiative, in which he was asked about perceptions his father's outspoken comments on the environment were in the past viewed as "dotty."

William replied: "I regularly wonder what my father's banging on about and I'm sure every son thinks the same.

"But no, publicly, with my father's environmental credentials, he's talked about this for a long time and long before people cottoned on to climate change.

"So I've always listened to and learnt and believed in what he's saying.

"But I know it's a very hard sell, 40 years ago, to predict and see some of the slow moving catastrophes we're heading towards."

https://www.newsweek.com/prince-william-prince-charles-climate-change-1537414

Since Earth shot Prize is a long term initiative, I hope we will have a separate thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom