General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course one day William, and in turn George, will 'own' the Scilly Islands - just as Charles does now. They are part of the Duchy of Cornwall.

Now this is something I am envious of - have just been checking out Tresco on Google Earth.

Thanks Iluvberite.

Great all the connections the Cambridges are building with that part of the realm.

Lovely, laid-back looking place. Not the 21st century, and that's what's so charming.

Last edited:
Would be amazing to have the future King and Queen cycle past you and say hello.

What a story to take home to family and friends from a holiday muriel.

Indeed! Not just the future King and Queen, but also the future Duke and Duchess of Cornwall.

Indeed! Not just the future King and Queen, but also the future Duke and Duchess of Cornwall.

True muriel.

Will be strange when the titles change.

Though I don't think it will be too hard to get used to them being the Prince and Princess of Wales when it happens, it will seem a little strange for a while that the Duchess of Cornwall will be Kate - after so many years now of Camilla.

She will probably be The Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge as happened in 1901 when from January to November George V and Queen Mary were known as The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York ... both titles used together.

She will probably be The Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge as happened in 1901 when from January to November George V and Queen Mary were known as The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York ... both titles used together.

Thanks Iluvbertie. That actually sounds very good, a good ring to it.

(And something unique for Kate.)

A very nice article about the Isles of Scilly - just out, following news of the Cambridge's staycation.

https://life.spectator.co.uk/articles/off-the-beaten-track-the-isles-of-scilly/

Last edited:
True muriel.

Will be strange when the titles change.

Though I don't think it will be too hard to get used to them being the Prince and Princess of Wales when it happens, it will seem a little strange for a while that the Duchess of Cornwall will be Kate - after so many years now of Camilla.

She will only be duchess of Cornwall for a short time, Im sure Charles will create Will POW as soon as he can..

They will, of course, the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge, but once created so, they will also be the Prince and Princess of Wales, which I suspect will be the titles they will be more commonly known by.

They will, of course, the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge, but once created so, they will also be the Prince and Princess of Wales, which I suspect will be the titles they will be more commonly known by.
They will automatically become Duke and Duchess of Cornwall the second Charles becomes king but will have to wait until he decides to create William Prince of Wales. That, I'm sure, won't take that long.

That will depend on when, or even if, William is created Prince of Wales. Catherine won't be created anything.

It isn't a given that Charles will create William with that title. I expect he will do so but he doesn't have to do so. The Queen made him wait over six years. Edward VII made George V wait nearly 11 months. George V only waited a month before creating Edward VIII as PoW.

I can see him waiting until just before his coronation - or over a year.

They will automatically become Duke and Duchess of Cornwall the second Charles becomes king but will have to wait until he decides to create William Prince of Wales. That, I'm sure, won't take that long.

That will depend on when, or even if, William is created Prince of Wales. Catherine won't be created anything.

It isn't a given that Charles will create William with that title. I expect he will do so but he doesn't have to do so. The Queen made him wait over six years. Edward VII made George V wait nearly 11 months. George V only waited a month before creating Edward VIII as PoW.

I can see him waiting until just before his coronation - or over a year.

Quite right. Hence my use of the term "once created so".

I can't imagine that Charles wont create his son POW...

The Cambridge family are being reported as using a water-taxi to go dolphin and bird watching on their Scilly Islands holiday.

And although the Duke and Duchess were spotted cycling on Tresco island on Thursday, it is believed they may have actually been staying on nearby Bryher island, and possibly at the Hell Bay hotel.

The family and their security staff took a helicopter to Tresco for their nature watching excursion.

Lovely photos of the Hell Bay hotel in the article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/1...ddleton-kids-helicopter-scilly-isles-dolphin/

Last edited:
Now revealed that the Cambridge family spent their week's holiday in the Scilly Isles staying at Prince Charle's house on Tresco.

A photo of the six-bedromm "Dolphin House" is in the article by Emily Andrews linked below.

Sounds wonderful - Tresco is a car-free island.

"Dolphin House" is a former rectory and has 10ft thick walls of granite around it.

The family travelled by helicopter to and from Newquay for their getaway, leaving last Thursday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ily-break-island-holidayed-Charles-Diana.html

Details about "Dolphin House" - available for rent.

Wonderful, wonderful photos. Those views of the sea.

And lucky Cambridges had wonderul weather for their stay.

https://www.tresco.co.uk/staying/dolphin-house

Classified as "Late Georgian", built in 1799.

Last edited by a moderator:
In photographs, Dolphin House looks really nice. If I were they, I'd go there every year.

In photographs, Dolphin House looks really nice. If I were they, I'd go there every year.

Me too Susan D.

Dolphin House seems to be ideally situated, smack-bang in the narrow part of the island between Old Grimsby and New Grimsby.

There seem to be many Facebook accounts for the Scillys, but this one looks very good as there are lots of videos of different aspects of the islands as you scroll down.

And a lot of really wonderful photos too.

Easy way to have a virtual holiday in the footsteps of the Cambridges.

https://m.facebook.com/islesofscilly/

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates Sun Lion. The Scilly Islands have been on my bucket list for a while!

Thanks for the updates Sun Lion. The Scilly Islands have been on my bucket list for a while!

I didn't know about them at all HereditaryPrincess - I even missed the official visit the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge did a few years ago.

What a delight it's been to find out about them these last few days.

I even came across some of newspaper photos of a very young, very pregnant Diana with Prince Charles at the house - "Tamarisk" - that they then had then on another island, St Mary's.

So different to wonderful "Dolphin House".

Hope you get the Scillys ticked off your bucket list.

Last edited:
According to a lady I follow on Instagram the Cambridge family are in Burnham Market today doing pottery with the children at a sweet shop! There was a small photo of Prince Louis in the door of the sweet shop.

The lady I follow is an influencer and royal fan. The information was sent to her by a follower who was in Burnham Market on holiday.

How adorable are the handprints and signatures!!! :wub:

I am sure Mable's Paint Pot will treasure this memory. :flowers:

Aw, so precious - love how Charlotte signed her hand herself! She has good writing for a child her age.

The Duchess of Cambridge, with her children visited Mable‘s Paint Pot on saturday and Prince George with Princess Cahrlotte leave their handprints

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfzwLNIXoAEnhJj?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfzwLYVWkAUJKVG?format=jpg&name=large

It seems this visit happened on March 14 - that was a Saturday and is the date that both George and Charlotte wrote under their handprint.

Edit: checked her Instagram and the post dates from March 16, so it was indeed 5 months ago - but apparently only 2 days ago a royal watcher noticed her post and spread the news.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that Prince Louis is the spitting image of Grandad Middleton? More so than the other two Cambridge children, I think. He is a cutie.

Does anyone else think that Prince Louis is the spitting image of Grandad Middleton? More so than the other two Cambridge children, I think. He is a cutie.

He absolutely is the spitting image of Michael Middleton! George looks more like the Middleton side but Louis is really all Middleton. Charlotte is the only one of the three who takes most of her features from William’s side.

Louis is sooooo adorable !! I think he looks a lot like George ...

Aww. I really needed this today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom