The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-24-2018, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

I know folks get excited when they see them in public...(reportedly the lady actually asked the Duchess to take a selfie with her but was declined) ...but I really do feel when they are not on official business or at a public event they should be left alone, especially when the kids are present.

LaRae

Old 12-24-2018, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I must say asking for a picture and being politely declined so going off and taking pics anyway seems pretty unfair. The best but about it to me is that the Range is not exactly where you expect to find royalty. Its a bit like Woolworths use to be. Apparently they were picking up a lot of art / craft supplies.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:33 AM
Royal Highness

I think it was rude. The DoC and her children were there in a private capacity. They are entitled to be left alone.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree with you Terri Terri. When they're out and about doing things that a mom does with her kids, they should be left alone. I imagine that Kate realizes that people will approach her and she does her best to discourage them but with a smile and with grace.

The kids are probably going to be having a blast making their own holiday decorations for their tree and really getting into the spirit of things. Perhaps making something special to take to Gan-Gan's house.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just seen the pictures on the Sun's website, extraordinary to see her queuing at the till. Becoming royal certainly hasn't changed her at all. The Range is a great shop BTW but certainly not expensive, it just shows how many millionaires must be wasting a fortune unnecessarily. Kate obviously can see that too and won't just spend money for the sake of it when she can get good quality products for a fraction of the price. Good on her.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:36 AM
Majesty

Catherine seems to be very natural and has not changed much after marriage. Adapted well to his new life as a member of the British royal family, the fact of having dated many years with Prince William also helped.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I like most of all about the Cambridge family is that the kids are growing up doing things that kids do such as making holiday things and going shopping with mom to get the supplies and just being "normal" kids. In the long run, I think this will help the kids adapt to their royal roles in the future.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Catherine has always seemed like an extremely grounded, mature person to me. She kept her head during all the years of dating and vicious press that went with it. She kept her head and her dignity when she and William took their very short "break." She's managed her life since their marriage in an impressive way. I think that level-headedness bodes very well for her children, and for the future of the monarchy.

That said, why the poor woman can't take her kids to shop for art supplies two days before Christmas without some inconsiderate clod taking photos and selling them to the press is beyond me. Sometimes I really wonder about people.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

How this woman dare to ask for a selfie? this woman is brainless! I am sure they like some privacy and it is not good in front of the kids! She wants her kids to have as much normal life possible!
Old 12-24-2018, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Catherine has always seemed like an extremely grounded, mature person to me. She kept her head during all the years of dating and vicious press that went with it. She kept her head and her dignity when she and William took their very short "break." She's managed her life since their marriage in an impressive way. I think that level-headedness bodes very well for her children, and for the future of the monarchy.

That said, why the poor woman can't take her kids to shop for art supplies two days before Christmas without some inconsiderate clod taking photos and selling them to the press is beyond me. Sometimes I really wonder about people.
I agree. Sometimes I'd love to be a royal but then there are times like this, media and members of the public wise, that I'm glad that I can go about my daily life without someone shoving a camera in my face or asking for photos.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-15-2019, 12:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate and Louis in the park.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4nyUVF...d=3qgz4obr513d
Old 02-15-2019, 06:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post

That could be anyone.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

It’s Catherine and Louis. They had a nice time out.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Seems like the Cambridge family are having a quiet half term, perhaps at Anmer.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Any confirmation William and Kate are skiing? The photos are all from previous trips.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The discussion about Meghan’s baby shower is off-topic and has been deleted.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Any confirmation William and Kate are skiing? The photos are all from previous trips.
At this point in time, none have been seen to confirm if the family is skiing.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
At this point in time, none have been seen to confirm if the family is skiing.
If they are indeed off skiing, then its good they have been able to escape the public gaze. Well done.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:25 AM
Royal Highness

True. I hope they are back in the UK if it is discovered that they did go skiing.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
True. I hope they are back in the UK if it is discovered that they did go skiing.
Why is it a problem "if it is discovered that they did go skiing"? Are they not allowed to?