General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most daffodils have already bloomed around here. So it is very likely that the picture was taken at an earlier moment.

If you type Kensington Palace spring into google there are hundreds of pictures like this, I think they are just trying to show the seasonal spirit.

Prince William's being making video calls to charity workers. He's become the patron of the National Emergencies Trust, which is working with charities - the idea's that everyone wanting to donate money to help with the coronavirus pandemic donates it to a central fund, to avoid confusion, and that it's then distributed to all the other charities.

Prince William contacted 99 year old Capt. Thomas Moore via a letter and made a private donation to Mr. Moore's campaign to raise funds for the NHS.

Prince William has written to Captain Tom Moore, 99, and made a private donation to the former serviceman’s cause for the NHS as the total smashes past the £15million mark
][/QUOTE]

Great.. and I love the sporty walking attire worn by the generous and amazing Thomas Moore for his 100 lap walk around his garden!
ha ha. Do they make them like that anymore?

Tom Moore is amazing. So many people were donating that the Just Giving website crashed yesterday morning, although I managed to get on it in the evening.

William and Kate have also been talking about the need to look after your mental health during lockdown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52308863

I’d love to hear this! For all their wealth and privilege, William/Kate and the rest of the BRF aren’t exempt from illness, worry, stress, etc..., no matter what some believe

Wonderful news,Capt. Thomas Moore is an inspiration.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have praised the extraordinary fundraising efforts of the 99-year-old war veteran, Captain Tom Moore after raising more than £17M for the NHS.

Prince William and comedian Stephen Fry doing a comedy sketch as part of tonight's BBC "Big Night In" fundraising event. He's very funny when he wants to be - apparently the Queen is too, but not in public!

William and Kate are doing a brilliant job at the moment. Probably more au fait with using Zoom than the older Royals are!!

They are such a delightful little family ...

I saw that on TV and was surprised because I hadn't been spoiled. Great little sketch and something a lot of people can relate to, even though I assume he's mastered Zoom by now from both the private chats and public ones that went off fine. Apparently William is a big Blackadder fan so this was probably a lot of fun for him.

Wow, since in the video the series "Blackadder" is mentioned that often...- it is very, very self ironic of the Prince William to portray himself "that" way!

Now I seriously want to find and watch "Blackadder". I've heard of it but have never seen it but it does star one of my favorite actors. Hugh Laurie. I know of him mostly through his work in the series aired here "House".

Just checked and Blackadder *is* on Netflix. Guess what I'm doing tonight. :D

Just checked and Blackadder *is* on Netflix. Guess what I'm doing tonight. :D

In the video with Prince William were rather references to the latter episodes.

But please, start with episode one! It is good comedy about the development of the nobility through the ages.

The first series is completely different to the rest and I enjoy it, but 2-4 are considered classic. Hugh Laurie is in 3&4 and guest stars in 2. Melchett (the "character" PW was talking to) is in 2&4. There have been various other sketches for charity and Rowan Atkinson did one very like this to invite people to apply for tickets to the Queen's Golden Jubilee.

The fourth series was on when I was about 14, and it was a real cult thing with schoolkids at the time! The second and third series are much more "royal", if people are looking for that - Elizabeth I's a major character in the 2nd series, and the Prince Regent (the future George IV) in the 3rd series.

The picture of the 5 Cambridges doing "Clap for our Carers" is on the front pages of a lot of tomorrow's papers.

I was wondering why they were all dressed up for the (weekly?) clapping; but of course they were celebrating Louis' birthday!

I was wondering why they were all dressed up for the (weekly?) clapping; but of course they were celebrating Louis' birthday!

They would be all dressed up anyway and they probably filmed it before.

I think the idea was that they were all wearing blue, the colour associated with the National Health Service. Even football teams which famously play in red have been lighting their grounds up in blue!

Blue is their color coordinated 'picture frame photograph family' color. Its their go to for any of their coordinated photographic efforts. It is a happy coincidence here it matches up with health workers.

Heaven forbid we see the kids in their play clothes, after all its Louis' birthday and they probably had cake and some fun even if just the five of them. Mom and dad could look as dressed up as they chose.

The Cambridge kids looked playful and their comfortable clothes were lovely for the family doorstep appearance to applaud health care workers.
Blue is the best go to colour.

Blue is their color coordinated 'picture frame photograph family' color. Its their go to for any of their coordinated photographic efforts. It is a happy coincidence here it matches up with health workers.

Heaven forbid we see the kids in their play clothes, after all its Louis' birthday and they probably had cake and some fun even if just the five of them. Mom and dad could look as dressed up as they chose.
I don't see the issue here - we've seen the children plenty of times in more casual clothes. Official photographs shared by KP, polo games, engagements or even in the last video when the kiddos were clapping by themselves - name it, there's probably picture to show them in casual clothes.

While I agree that Catherine tends to stick to more traditional clothing, knowing her penchant for playing outdoors, the kids have plenty of comfortable clothes they can get dirty. I don't see anything wrong with that, the children always look good and happy.

Not to mention I'm not really on the train of "show us this, show us that and that thing too" when it comes to Cambridge children. We see them plenty, on different occasions. I can understand why their parents would want to keep their private celebration of Louis' birthday out of official photographs and I don't think we're in a position to demand that they would show us that in any way, shape or form.

The Cambridge children wear similar clothes on every public appearance and year in year out. And this s a very smart way of not commodising them. It is a clever tactic. I don't for one moment think that is all they have.

They are children and they deserve to have a private, secure childhood like every child and Will and Kate have been doing an excellent job. I think the pictures we get are enough and of course at the moment there are more as the Cambridge's present themselves as the national family.

Last edited:
Hasn't it always been said that they wear "traditional/classic" clothes for official events and photo ops but wear modern kids clothes etc off camera? It's a way of giving them a uniform for work and making them less recognisable if you see Prince George in a park in a Spiderman tee shirt and jeans.

As for seeing their private celebrations, I'd certainly be interested if they wanted to release those pics but they never have and I understand that. It doesn't mean they don't have awesome informal parties. I think we're getting reasonable amounts of pics without being too intrusive. Last night was about co-ordinating as a family for their official role and possibly blue for NHS. They seem able to make fun of themselves and relax a bit with the "insta vs reality" pics and William playing the royal buffoon part for charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom