The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Nonsense. Everyone should act and dress as they feel.
If the Duchess feels fine 12 hours after labour.
Should she have come out in a wheelchair, dressed in a pyamasuit?
Only if she felt she needed it.
Agreed! I left approx. 24 hours after my c-section with my youngest. Everyone thought I was crazy and stupid. I couldn't have possibly felt well enough to go home. I did and I went home. Catherine did what she, and her doctor, felt best for her and the newborn.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Agree that was a stupid article. Some women are feeling great after having a baby some not so good. Do whatever you feel like doing

Old 10-08-2018, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I’m sorry that the lovely and successful Keira Knightley has issues, and that she needs to project her issues onto others. Many millions of women give birth each year; there is no mystery surrounding the process, nor is there any reason for every woman to share her version of the process.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

Stupid article! As long as she had a normal uncomplicated delivery..why shouldn't Kate leave a few hours after? As nice and luxurious the Lindo Wing may be, it's nothing compared to your own home.

As a future queen, Kate is expected to present her newborn to the media and the world. Just like other princesses did before her and will do after her.

Keira Knightly can count herself lucky that she was able to deliver in peace and quiet without crowds and the world's media parked outside her hospital.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's not about Kate leaving the hospital 12 hours later. If you read what Kiera said it was about the photo op. And it wasn't just about Kate but any royal woman. Nor was it an attack on Kate but on the institution and how they handle it. Having a woman dolled up with her hair and makeup and designer clothes for a photo op hours after birth. It gives an unrealistic view of what a woman should like after birth. Many women leave the hospital shortly after birth. Do they look like runway models?

Not saying I agree with Kiera. I don't, Kate has little to say about photo ops. But let's not rewrite what she actually said.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think too that most women would agree with me that even with a rough and tumble and a labor and delivery that seems to be a visit to hell itself, once that child is placed in its mother's arms, most women feel the hell was well worth it.

Some women do look their absolute best and feel their absolute best right after giving birth. That's what joy does to one. Its not the clothes and the makeup either. Its that inner glow of being a new mother. I'm sure Kate was still feeling a bit tired and uncomfortable leaving the Lindo Wing but the feeling that she was going home with her new little one trumped all of that.

BTW: I didn't bother to read the article.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Stupid article! As long as she had a normal uncomplicated delivery..why shouldn't Kate leave a few hours after? As nice and luxurious the Lindo Wing may be, it's nothing compared to your own home.

As a future queen, Kate is expected to present her newborn to the media and the world. Just like other princesses did before her and will do after her.

Keira Knightly can count herself lucky that she was able to deliver in peace and quiet without crowds and the world's media parked outside her hospital.

I agree Terri Terri. I'm very sorry that Ms. Knightly experience was by her own description a rather traumatic one, but I'm glad that she and her child were safe.

Like in other royal houses in Europe, Catherine was expected to make an appearance with her husband and the newborn after they were discharged from the hospital. (The Swedish and Dutch royals have slightly different practices for presenting the newborns to the media/nation.) Like CP Mary, then Princess Letizia and then Princess Mathilde, and her predecessors The Princess of Wales and Duchess of York she was camera ready. Should the Sussexes be blessed with children, I expect a similar event on the hospital steps.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think too that most women would agree with me that even with a rough and tumble and a labor and delivery that seems to be a visit to hell itself, once that child is placed in its mother's arms, most women feel the hell was well worth it.

Some women do look their absolute best and feel their absolute best right after giving birth. That's what joy does to one. Its not the clothes and the makeup either. Its that inner glow of being a new mother. I'm sure Kate was still feeling a bit tired and uncomfortable leaving the Lindo Wing but the feeling that she was going home with her new little one trumped all of that.

BTW: I didn't bother to read the article.
I did read the article; though I do agree with you. Different mothers have different appearances after giving birth. I don't have children of my own yet though I have read and have been told by those who do have children that indeed, once a mother gives birth, the pain and any hardships they experienced during birth are soon forgotten when a new little human that they bought into the world is placed in their arms.
I do understand where Keira Knightley is coming from in that the expectations for a royal mother's appearance are somewhat unrealistic, but as Terri Terri pointed out she's lucky that she didn't have the world's media clicking their cameras on her doorstep during her daughter's birth and magazines and discussion sites judging exactly what she wore and how she looks straight after giving birth. It is unfortunate that Keira didn't have an easy birth but I do think that the article was overreacting and nitpicking somewhat.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-10-2018, 06:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge almost went unnoticed as she visited an art fair in Battersea Park last week. Kate, whose son Prince George goes to school in the area, was spotted at The Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair on Friday afternoon. She enjoyed a spot of shopping and browsing just after 2pm, most likely before collecting her son George who was a five-minute drive away.

"Kate was very casual, wearing blue jeans and a pink shirt. She had on a pair of white trainers," a source told HELLO! "She was very, very pretty. She appeared to be on her own with no obvious security in sight. She was walking along the aisle with someone who looked as if he was explaining something to her, perhaps a dealer or a member of the exhibition staff."
Read more: Dressed-down Kate makes surprise appearance at Battersea art fair before Prince George's school run
Old 10-13-2018, 12:37 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Please note that pictures of the Cambridges at Eugenie and Jack's wedding should be posted in the appropriate wedding thread.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
George future king or not is a child. The last thing we need is a spoiled best who terrorizes everyone as no one will correct the future king.

The kids are too young they dint have any idea of their future role. Their parents have said that they want the kids to be normal. Part if that is being involved in family events. This wasn't a public wedding, a private event.
If you are going to be a future King then the best ones to correct you as a child are your parents. :)
Old 10-22-2018, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Prince George takes ballet classes at his private school.

Quote:
Prince William has revealed how his oldest child has a lot in common with his late mother, Princess Diana.

Speaking to finalists of the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards at a reception inside Kensington Palace, William revealed that Prince George, aged five, shares a hobby with his grandmother, who died 16 years before he was born.

Will was talking to a 14-year-old boy named Junior, who was being honoured the anti-bullying advocacy work he has done after being teased for dancing.

The Duke told him: "George is doing dancing as well, he loves it."

He then went on to talk about his mother and issued some kind words to the youngster on continuing to do what he loves.

He said: “My mother always used to dance. She loved dancing. And if it’s something you love, you do what you love. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Keep at it.”
Read more: Prince William reveals lovely thing George has in common with grandmother Diana
Old 10-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Kate and William seen today at Kensington Palace
https://twitter.com/PackhamGown/stat...709761/photo/1
Old 10-23-2018, 07:24 PM
Majesty

Here is the video of William and Kate arriving with baby Louis
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpSaACZl...eo_watch_again
Old 12-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Majesty

Kate was back at her old Sloane Square stomping grounds for a bit of shopping with Prince George

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge likes to lead as normal a life as possible, and is often spotted doing the school run with her two oldest children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte. And last week, the down-to-earth Duchess was spotted taking George on a shopping trip to department store Peter Jones by a fan, who wrote about the encounter on Twitter. The pair were seen at the Sloane Square branch browsing after George had finished school at St Thomas's Battersea for the day. Kate is a big fan of the luxury department store, and was previously seen getting school shoes for George and Charlotte in there ahead of the new term in September
Read more: Catherine and Prince George enjoy after school shopping trip
Old 12-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Majesty

“The Duchess of Cambridge enjoyed some quality mother-and-daughter bonding time with Princess Charlotte after the pair were spotted at Royal Opera House last week. In a newly surfaced social media picture, Kate could be seen taking her little girl to a special viewing of The Nutcracker on Thursday. She spent time chatting to fellow guests, whilst Charlotte patiently held onto her hand.”

Via Hello Magazine
Old 12-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Majesty

Catherine and maybe the children was seen arriving at BP today

https://mobile.twitter.com/cambduche...38031009681408
Old 12-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts relating to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's Christmas card have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-15608.html thread.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:48 PM
Majesty

#royal The Duchess of Cambridge reportedly bought these personalized stockings for her children with a crown printed on the top above the words: "Express Mail Service.

Please deliver the enclosed presents to George/ Charlotte/ Louis. Delivery date: 25th December." (Hello! mag)

https://twitter.com/royalevision/sta...899868167?s=21
Old 12-24-2018, 04:21 AM
Courtier

There are photos on Instagram via @royalteawithjam of the Duchess of Cambridge shopping at a store called The Range in Norfolk. I’m not going to add a link in case there are copyright and privacy issues.
George and Charlotte were with her as well.