General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the programme when it was on air and it was a lovely watch. Catherine came across as very likeable and approachable - even though she and Mary Berry hadn't met beforehand, it feels like they were old friends. Great to shed some light on the charities the Cambridges work so hard with too - a lot of people on Twitter were saying that they were Googling them because they hadn't heard of them, so it's great that they can get more audience and recognition through the programme.

:previous: I was under the impression that the Catherine had met Mary Berry before. Perhaps it was when she accompanied William to a Child Bereavement engagement?

:previous: Mary Berry said in the programme she had met William before but not his wife IIRC.

I'm sure we have seen Catherine meet Mary before, I remember her saying something about using her books and Mary saying something like "oh really". Maybe as both Mary and William are patrons of Child Bereavement UK and have met on a number of occasions and so are more comfortable with each other having had more than one conversation. Maybe Mary meant she knew William already and had met him for longer than Kate.

Edit - found the video as it bugged me so much, from a Child Bereavement event 6 years ago

:previous: I got the impression William and Mary Berry became acquaintances through Child Bereavement, as Mary Berry said in the programme, "we both know what it is to lose someone special to us" (her son passed away at the age of 19 after a car accident). I guess she wasn't linked to as many charities as Catherine was, and thus had less of a chance to meet her.

It's a nice photo--I wonder where and when it was taken? Perhaps on holiday somewhere?

It is not a true Christmas card, no Christmas tree, no Christmas spirit, an ordinary photo of a family during the summer, for me , it is a miss

There is only the name of Catherine and no wishs in the card

Nice card. Beautiful family.
I guess I will never get used to this idea of "fake natural picture".
When we do a christmas card with my family, we have our best outfits, we stand together and have our biggest smile and I would say that is as natural as a picture could get.
This picture is very nice but it looks like it could belong to a vintage edition of Vogue. It is very sophisticated, very studied.

It is not a true Christmas card, no Christmas tree, no Christmas spirit, an ordinary photo of a family during the summer, for me , it is a miss

It’s not uncommon to see Christmas card photos that are not Christmas themed. I’ve sent them myself and I’ve received many that aren’t. Sometimes it’s due to sending photos from a family vacation, a special occasion or just personal preference.

It was sent to one of her charities. She might have included a separate letter.

It's a nice photo--I wonder where and when it was taken? Perhaps on holiday somewhere?

Could have been at Balmoral or the Hurlingham Club in London; as it's known the family spent some time there this summer.

Most royal Christmas cards use recycled photos from earlier on in the year. The Spanish and Belgian RFs did the same this year.

I read it was taken in Norfolk but who knows.

LaRae

Christmas cards have to be made and sent out weeks before hand often. Most people are not decorated and in Christmas mode yet. Royals it’s likely done earlier even due to volume. It’s basic common practice among royals to use photos from earlier on in the year.

It’s a nice photo.

Photos sent at Christmas are always cheery - Christmas themed sometimes but mostly not in my experience.
Many people use a random good photo from throughout the year.
I love the Cambridge card. They've chosen well.
It's adventurous and interesting with a happy vibe.

And I like the subtle similarity, though probably not deliberate, to the 2019 Christmas card sent out by Charles and Camilla.

It's a wheely delightful connection!

Yes, royal christmas card photographs are hardly ever christmas themed - not in the past nor nowadays. Who is surprised or criticises this year´s "happy-christmas-card" from the Cambridges is obviously not familiar with royal christmas cards!
Royals very often chose important events from the almost bygone year as images; from the old days I can recall wedding photographs of King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie, the new british monarch chose a family group with her husband and 2 small children taken in the throne room after the 1953 coronation, or her mother another coronation-Cecil Beaton-portrait in coronation robes together with her younger daughter.
When Prs. William and Harry were younger there were these gorgeous black and white photos together with their father, often taken at Highgrove or in the Highlands of Scotland, no christmas themed what so ever, etc etc. Or remember this year´s card of the P o Wales and D o Cornwall in Cuba!
Perhaps some people might think photos from christmas photo shoots for the media, like the norwegian royal family does about a week before x-mas, are being used? Well, it is not - these photo-shoots have nothing to do with royal christmas-greeting-cards.

Last edited:
Oh and we may finally have out the childcare issue to rest... (probably wishful thinking)

Last month, for example, Kate was forced to pull out of a gala charity dinner with her husband as they didn’t have a babysitter.

Their beloved nanny Maria Borrallo was on holiday and Kate’s parents, Michael and Carole Middleton, who would normally step in, had a prior commitment.

‘While they wouldn’t insult the rest of us by saying they are just like us, they do find themselves juggling the same sort of challenges, childcare being one,’ a source said.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
"Their beloved nanny Maria Borrallo was on holiday and Kate’s parents, Michael and Carole Middleton, who would normally step in, had a prior commitment."

A very weird sentence, who was supposed to watch the kids from the beginning then ? A holiday or a prior commitment are long planned events not like catching the flu or breaking your leg ?

There was a KP press briefing on Thursday and we're going to see at least one more Cambridge family photo over the weekend.

Simon Perry reports "two major overseas tours" are planned for the Cambridges next year

A bit surprised about the tours, have had a feeling for a while that Kate will have baby number 4 next year or at least announce another pregnancy.

Babywise- William has said no more I saw a few reporters say while Kate has admitted to being “eternally broody”, maybe 3 is the compromise number lol

Some big royal tours for 2020?

Tour(s) announcement is my guess.

LaRae

Do they normally do all this build up to an announcement.

Not that I recall...the whole thing about breaking tradition and big news to come over the Christmas Holidays has been rather over-hyped I think.

LaRae

The Irish Guards, from around the world, would like to wish the Duchess of Cambridge a very happy Birthday!

'Thank you everyone for all your lovely messages on The Duchess of Cambridge’s birthday!'

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7GL07IlnTc/

Members of the royal family have gathered at Kensington Palace to celebrate the Duchess of Cambridge's 38th birthday amid Duke & Duchess Meghan's bombshell announcement last night

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...monarchs-instructions-not-announce-plans.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom