The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When it comes to George playing with a toy gun, to me, it was something that probably was in "imitation mode" just like George with his little polo stick. The kid had just witnessed Daddy all dressed up as a soldier in a parade and if you watch any of the presentations of the troops, carrying a gun is part and parcel of the uniform, plays a part in the impressive drills they do and just "goes" with Trooping the Color which George is starting to watch and understand more as each year passes.

He wasn't playing at being violent where guns are used to "kill" people but IMO, he's playing with a toy gun as a soldier on parade may use one.

This is what makes sense to me.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Just something else people feel the need to be outraged about ...they might as well settle down. George like the rest of them will be raised in a hunting/gun friendly environment.

LaRae

Old 06-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Courtier

The British Royal family is known for it's fondness of hunts. William has made comments about George being obsessed with policeman, and is followed by guards regularly. His father and uncle were soldiers. This is a little boy who is no stranger to guns.
The kit that he seemed to be playing with included a gun, a knife, handcuffs and a walkie-talkie, he was playing as a police man, or as someone else mention, soldiers. Every kid plays policeman or soldiers, etc. What is there to be outraged over?

I feel similarly about Charlotte. I sincerely believe that part of the worlds problem is that children are being forced to grow up entirely too fast and in a world where they are under pressure for everything. Little girls have worn dresses, and only dresses, for ages. My mother certainly never made me wear additional clothing (shorts/leggings) under a dress in the summer, and Catherine shouldn't be shamed into it either. Charlotte was fine, she was behaving as any 3 year old, and it was refreshing! I enjoy that we get to see these kids behaving as children and enjoying a happy, normal upbringing (or as normal as they can be afforded, given there position).

I have loved seeing the interactions between the Phillips girls, and the Cambridge kids. As others have mentioned, it's nice to see that they have relationships, even when the media wants to believe they don't. Because we don't see a lot of them, it's easy to believe these kids are locked away indoors and lonely, that is clearly not the case. they appear to be well adjusted, fun loving children, suiting their ages. That's a testament to William and Kate, who are fiercely protective, and by all appearances, very hands on, strong parents!

Be a good person.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Given that there were all of 3 tweets expressing concern about the water pistol, and then multiple articles about those 3 tweets, and then a flurry of tweets and posts expressing outrage about the "outrage about the water pistol", I don't think it's the "PC Brigade" who's "looking to be offended".
Old 06-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Majesty

I am very off topic, but I don't want any child to grow up in a world where they can't have water pistols/water fights. It's simple, squeal inducing fun IIRC. Future working royals need squeals of delight in their childhood.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:40 PM
Majesty

13 years ago today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgapyosWkAANMwb.jpg
Old 06-23-2018, 10:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Yes, it’s amazing to think how long William and Catherine have been in each other’s lives.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Courtier

They look adorable. Sad what happened to his hair, though!
Old 06-26-2018, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Brace yourselves for cuteness overload!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgkyZmPXUAApgZT.jpg
Old 06-26-2018, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Who are these children? Is one of them a young Kate?
Old 06-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Majesty

Yes Kate in Jordan
Old 07-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Majesty

"I know my grandmother and grandfather are very fond of her. "They thought she was just right for William.

"My grandmother liked Kate as soon as they met. They both adore her."

Reflecting on Kate and Williams Westminster Abbey wedding in April, Zara said: "I'm very proud of my family and the British public. It was an amazing day and everyone really got behind them.

"It was great to see, I just hope it carries on. We all think Kate's perfect for William.

"Kate is lovely and I'm sure she'll handle everything just fine. William and Harry will always be there to help so she has nothing to worry about."

- Zara Tindall

Such a lovely quote from Zara. She and William are like brother and sister
Old 07-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes Kate in Jordan
And who is the other girl? Pippa?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And who is the other girl? Pippa?
No.

The girls are the same age by the looks of it. Kate went to nursery school in Jordan. By the looks of all the kids around, the other girl is likely a classmate.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is Kate the little girl in pink?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Majesty

Yes
Old 07-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Such a sweet photo of Catherine in Jordan! I often forget that she used to live there when she was a toddler, so that was a cute reminder. She reminds me of Charlotte in the most recent photos from Louis's christening.
It was a long time ago and they were young at the time, though I do wonder if Catherine is still in touch with any of the children from her nursery or other children she played with in Jordan (probably not as we would have known from their wedding guest list back in 2011 or something would have been reported about by now, but it's a nice thought).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
If the Duchess of Cambridge were given to self-congratulation – of which I see no evidence – she might be forgiven for looking back on a successful week in her public life as wife and mother of future kings. At the christening of Prince Louis on Monday, her surprise attendance at Westminster Abbey to mark the centenary of the RAF on Tuesday and her first joint appearance with her new sister-in-law at Wimbledon yesterday, the Duchess was once again a focus for all eyes.

Clearly maternity leave and Meghan-mania have done nothing to dim her star. This is as it should be. With Louis’s birth in April, the Duchess became the first royal woman in four decades to have her third child. And not since Prince Edward was born in 1964 has a baby prince found himself sharing the nursery with more than one toddling Royal Highness. This is the year the Duchess – the mother of a growing family – took a decisive step towards matriarchy.
Read more: All hail the Kate-riarchy: how the Duchess of Cambridge became the Royal family's linchpin
Old 07-17-2018, 11:33 AM
Majesty

17 July 2017 while on tour in Europe, Catherine was given a present for a newborn. She turned to William and said “we’ll just have to have more babies”.

17 July 2018 we have a family five
Old 07-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Majesty

New/old pic of Charles, William and George. Charles is cradling Prince George in his arms.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DifMGqvX0AAiYLJ.jpg