The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2018, 11:15 PM
Royal Highness

There's nothing wrong with what Charlotte is wearing. She's wearing a comfortable play dress - probably more comfortable than the shorts set that George is wearing - that allows her to run around and move freely.

The only things this dress reveals are her legs and the fact that she's wearing regular little kids' style underclothing. I'm all for adults and even older children erring on the side of modesty but Charlotte is THREE and everything that should be covered up in public is covered.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Charlotte seems to have her Uncle Harry's cheekiness to her! I tend to think Charlotte heavily favors the Windsors while George is nothing but a mini Michael Middleton with blonde hair, I see a LOT of Kate in Charlotte in these pics! I usually only see the Queen or Lady Sarah!
Agree 100%. Total Michael Middleton (in looks if not in temperament). But I am completely puzzled by Charlotte. She looks like no one, yet, to me. Very distinctive look, though. Strong personality comes through.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

All beautiful photos. Kate looks so happy with her little ones .. lovely family
Old 06-11-2018, 02:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Which wouldn't even be far-fetched considering Madeleine and her family live in London and I believe Nicolas and Charlotte are only a few months apart, aswell as Louis and Adrienne. Who knows if those kids might attend the same schools.
Pretty sure Madeleine and the family have moved or are moving out of London however, or at least moving out of their current abode as it's for sale.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Who as a kid doesn't remember singing the ditty "I see London, I see France...." Its giggles all around. I remember being like Charlotte around her age and throwing a major fit when my mother wanted me to wear jeans or shorts. Then the tide turned and she couldn't get me *not* to wear jeans and into a dress.

Kids are spontaneous and innocent and want to discover their world full steam ahead and its the adults that know the dangers and the pitfalls out there. Actually, looking at the wonderful photos presented by the Daily Mail, their photographers discretely didn't show photos showing anything but a child enjoying her day. Kudos to the DM for that. Anyone that would publish a picture showing any thing else, the blame is to be put on the publisher. Not Charlotte nor her mother.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I wonder if they all descended on Charles and Camilla at Highgrove for a Sunday dinner after the polo game. Its right in the neighborhood.
After the Trooping, the Camridges may have driven over to Highgrove to spend the weekend there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
There's nothing wrong with what Charlotte is wearing. She's wearing a comfortable play dress - probably more comfortable than the shorts set that George is wearing - that allows her to run around and move freely.

The only things this dress reveals are her legs and the fact that she's wearing regular little kids' style underclothing. I'm all for adults and even older children erring on the side of modesty but Charlotte is THREE and everything that should be covered up in public is covered.
I could not agree more with you. Happy children playing in the sun. Perhaps this is a European thing, but we are quite relaxed if a small child accidently shows a bit of underwear whilst out playing.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Catherine blowing a kiss to William upon leaving-
World of Windsor

Video-
Prince George being pushed down the hill by his cousin, Savannah Phillips-
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...bridges-at-the

Autumn got on her about that.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Nice pic of Peter greeting Catherine

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dfa-shmXcAA5Chb.jpg
Old 06-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I could not agree more with you. Happy children playing in the sun. Perhaps this is a European thing, but we are quite relaxed if a small child accidently shows a bit of underwear whilst out playing.

I agree that a bit of underwear showing is not a big deal. To be honest I'm more concerned about those children who do not have the opportunity to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine because they don't have access to a safe place to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Who as a kid doesn't remember singing the ditty "I see London, I see France...." Its giggles all around. I remember being like Charlotte around her age and throwing a major fit when my mother wanted me to wear jeans or shorts. Then the tide turned and she couldn't get me *not* to wear jeans and into a dress.

Kids are spontaneous and innocent and want to discover their world full steam ahead and its the adults that know the dangers and the pitfalls out there. Actually, looking at the wonderful photos presented by the Daily Mail, their photographers discretely didn't show photos showing anything but a child enjoying her day. Kudos to the DM for that. Anyone that would publish a picture showing any thing else, the blame is to be put on the publisher. Not Charlotte nor her mother.
A sensible and realistic outlook when it comes to children and their clothing Osipi.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

All I can see are children kicking off their shoes and have a grand ole time. Loved seeing these photos of them out running around and rolling down hills. I bet they do the same at Anmer, no shoes just running around outside with Mom and Dad. Lovely!
Old 06-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
All I can see are children kicking off their shoes and have a grand ole time. Loved seeing these photos of them out running around and rolling down hills. I bet they do the same at Anmer, no shoes just running around outside with Mom and Dad. Lovely!

I guess I sound priggish, but I don't think it's a good idea to go without shoes.
A child might step on something sharp, get bitten by a tick, or anything!
Nice concept of freedom, but in practice- no.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Nice pic of Peter greeting Catherine

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dfa-shmXcAA5Chb.jpg

Yes very lovely...I suspect all these cousins (adults and children) get together quite a bit.

LaRae
Old 06-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Who was the woman holding the child who is sitting by Kate in this picture?
https://cdn-01.independent.ie/incomi...20Pol%2020.jpg
Old 06-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Who was the woman holding the child who is sitting by Kate in this picture?
https://cdn-01.independent.ie/incomi...20Pol%2020.jpg
I believe I read that's James Meade's wife, Laura.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes very lovely...I suspect all these cousins (adults and children) get together quite a bit.

LaRae
I recall reading somewhere that Mike Tindall remarked that the cousins were very close but its' always nice to see it in action.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I recall reading somewhere that Mike Tindall remarked that the cousins were very close but its' always nice to see it in action.
Yes I think that was right before Harry's wedding the comment was made.

LaRae
Old 06-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy

I am curious why everyone is so concerned about Charlotte's dress coming up, but no one has a problem with George playing with a gun? Kind of odd what people find disturbing.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
I am curious why everyone is so concerned about Charlotte's dress coming up, but no one has a problem with George playing with a gun? Kind of odd what people find disturbing.
I noticed that as well; not so much the contradiction but George playing with a gun. Not all parents would be ok with that.

Probably it is less of an issue in the UK than in the USA because of the vary different culture regarding weapons.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Agree 100%. Total Michael Middleton (in looks if not in temperament). But I am completely puzzled by Charlotte. She looks like no one, yet, to me. Very distinctive look, though. Strong personality comes through.
Quoting myself, I know. But I have finally had a flash on who Charlotte resembles: Carole Middleton! Take a look at Carole's face. Charlotte has Carole's wide face and smile down to a 'T'. Looks like them Middleton genes have come through with flying colors!
Old 06-12-2018, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

political correctness in overdrive ... sad that kids cannot be kids these days, even toddlers or 4 year olds get referenced to sex or violence when only playing around.
Royal backlash after Prince George spotted with toy gun during polo | Daily Mail Online