General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor chap, perhaps, the pub owner? I can imagine, the pub ist situated a bit far off all the well visited spots - even if Kate and William tip generously, it might be no enough to keep the pub afloat. Now he has some "by royal approval" marketing...

i guess for him the hoardes of tourists who may come because of W&K compensate for losing W&K themselves as customers...

it is next door to kate's parents house, so i guess it is/was an easy trip for the cambridges...

Kate smiled for the cameras as she walked Princess Charlotte to school last week — but behind-the-scenes, the royal mom is also very much part of the school community.

During the summer, Kate attended a meeting at St. Thomas’ Battersea, the school attended by both Charlotte and her older brother Prince George. Run by award-winning mental health campaigner Hope Virgo, the chat covered everything from body image issues to how pupils can emotionally support each other
Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge Quietly Attended a (3-Hour!) Parent Meeting on Mental Health at Her Children’s School

Catherine, William, George and Charlotte are currently at the Aston Villa vs Norwich football match!

Pic

Via Twitter

Last edited:
Charlotte doesn't look particularly excited, but George more than makes up for it! Cute photos.

The Cambridges are a very cute family. Nice to see George appears to be an Aston Villa fan.

Sophie Carter, Princess Charlotte’s godmother is there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cambridges are a very cute family. Nice to see George appears to be an Aston Villa fan.
His father is, so for now, he's just going by his father's preferences. We'll have to see whether he will remain an Aston Villa fan or whether he will find his own favorite club to support at some point.

I love the Cambridges as a family; they seem very natural and "normal" and don't look out of place in the crowd today. Cute to see George getting so excited over Aston Villa's win. Charlotte didn't seem so impressed - perhaps, contrary to William's speculation, she won't be the Villa fan out of the siblings:D

those videos of george celebrating the aston villa win have won my heart - adorable :)

indeed, these 5 seem to be a very natural, easy going family. they appear to be sat just like a regular family, behind what looks like regular people, and there's no fuss or drama about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I noticed the same thing. No special treatment. They’re a lovely family.

Lovely to see the kiddos! Charlotte seemed less enthused than her brother---i've been there lol!

They are both so grown now, can't believe how time has flown.

Also nice to see Charlotte with her godmother. They seem very close indeed.

Please note that posts containing attempts to compare the Cambridges more favourably than other members of the Royal Family have been edited. Let's not play that game please.

To see George freaking out is so cute. He was so passionate. So lovely.

The sheer excitement on Prince George's face!

Lovely to see the kiddos! Charlotte seemed less enthused than her brother---i've been there lol! .

George’s joy was so cute. But- my reaction would have been closer to Charlotte’s if I’d been there. Lol

Great to see the Cambridge family! Beautiful family! Cute children!

Aww what a lovely family day out. They do seem so down to earth and nice to see William has managed to get at least one of his children to follow him into being an Aston Villa supporter.

Nice to hear that the Cambridges were able to have a non-disruptive private shopping trip. I liked the anecdote of Catherine chatting to the other parents in the Halloween aisle. If they're still in Norfolk for Halloween it wouldn't surprise me at all if George and Charlotte were to join in with the neighbourhood kids with the trick-or-treating!

Lady Anne Glenconner is 87-years-old and best known as Princess Margaret’s confidante – her lady in waiting, her best friend. She comes from a line of royal aids, which she reeled off in an interview with The Times this weekend. ‘My mother was [lady-in-waiting] to the Queen, my father was equerry to the King, my great-great-uncle was lord-in-waiting to Queen Mary, my uncle was in the Queen Mother’s household and my aunt was lady-in-waiting to the Queen Mother. That’s what we are.’

In the interview she overflows with praise for the Cambridge’s – she lives not far from them in Norfolk and grew up in Holkham Hall, one of the county's grandest stately piles. ‘I think Prince William and Kate are absolutely splendid,’ she gushes. ‘They’re the golden couple’.
Read more: Why Lady Anne Glenconner considers the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge ‘the golden couple’

Last edited:
I hope everything is well with the kiddos and it's nothing mummy can't fix.

I certainly hope all is well and there's nothing serious going on. However, we all know that this will certainly invite lots of speculation because rumors have already been making the rounds and the Duchess isn't known for cancelling engagements, especially at the last minute, unless she's seriously unwell.:whistling:

First thought that ran through my head thinking of the ages of the Cambridge kids and the season, my guess would be that mummy was needed at home because of an illness. Perhaps chickenpox or strep throat and coughs and flu that all kids go through at one time or another. Sick kids need their mummy.

With the announcement that it was for reasons pertaining to the children, that underlines for me the "family first" attitude that William and Catherine have.

First thought that ran through my mind - BabyCambridge#4
:hiding:

It's been said no one is ill...so my guess is the kids had something with school or some activity.

LaRae

First thought that ran through my head thinking of the ages of the Cambridge kids and the season, my guess would be that mummy was needed at home because of an illness. Perhaps chickenpox or strep throat and coughs and flu that all kids go through at one time or another. Sick kids need their mummy.

With the announcement that it was for reasons pertaining to the children, that underlines for me the "family first" attitude that William and Catherine have.

I don't think that they would cancel just for a sore throat or chickenpox... a broken arm or something like seems more likely IMO.

It's been said no one is ill...so my guess is the kids had something with school or some activity.

LaRae
Something urgent enough that it would warrant a cancellation a few hours before the event? I don't know.

I don't think that they would cancel just for a sore throat or chickenpox... a broken arm or something like seems more likely IMO.

I would agree. And it does seem reminiscent of the time that William was injured as a child by accidentally being hit with a golf club and Diana went to him while Charles continued with engagements. However, it does seem a bit odd that it wasn't urgent enough to warrant cancellation of the afternoon tea but did warrant cancellation of the evening event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom