Majesty

Couple nice pics of Prince William

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWXZPdVQAA6V50.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWUU2uWsAAOhR9.jpg

Old 06-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Administrator

More nice photos from today can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery ** gettyimages gallery 2 ** gettyimages gallery 3 **

** hellomagazine: All the photos of Kate Middleton's fun day out at the polo with Prince George and Princess Charlotte **

Old 06-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte seems to have her Uncle Harry's cheekiness to her! I tend to think Charlotte heavily favors the Windsors while George is nothing but a mini Michael Middleton with blonde hair, I see a LOT of Kate in Charlotte in these pics! I usually only see the Queen or Lady Sarah!

But I have such a soft spot for George! Such a precious boy.

I dont think we've ever got this many shots of the Cambridge kids before! So nice.

I hope we get video too!
Old 06-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

All of the kids are adorable. Especially Charlotte is the scene stealer once again.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wonderful photos of the Cambridges today. I agree with those who have said that Catherine looks most relaxed in such casual situations. I often feel that Catherine looks nervous (understandably) during public events, so it's really nice to see her so happy and relaxed doing pretty regular things that mothers would do with their children. I love that they were just able to talk to other families at the match and George played with other children. I can imagine that in the private sphere they often tend to blend in with the crowd.
Charlotte is such a sweet little fun loving spirit, I would love to be a fly on the wall if she and Princess Leonore of Sweden ever met (and Savannah too, because that would be hilarious!) as I feel like they'd get along very well. I noticed the photos of Savannah tugging at Charlotte's dress from today, and Charlotte laughing along - they all seem to have inherited the same cheeky personalities. George seems a lot more reserved, but he seems to be a sensitive and caring little soul. I wonder what upset him earlier.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some of the pics over on Twitter...Charlotte really does need to have shorts on under that dress.

Great to see pics of them ..and Kate running after Charlotte lol

LaRae
Old 06-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Wonderful photos of the Cambridges today. I agree with those who have said that Catherine looks most relaxed in such casual situations. I often feel that Catherine looks nervous (understandably) during public events, so it's really nice to see her so happy and relaxed doing pretty regular things that mothers would do with their children. I love that they were just able to talk to other families at the match and George played with other children. I can imagine that in the private sphere they often tend to blend in with the crowd.
Charlotte is such a sweet little fun loving spirit, I would love to be a fly on the wall if she and Princess Leonore of Sweden ever met (and Savannah too, because that would be hilarious!) as I feel like they'd get along very well. I noticed the photos of Savannah tugging at Charlotte's dress from today, and Charlotte laughing along - they all seem to have inherited the same cheeky personalities. George seems a lot more reserved, but he seems to be a sensitive and caring little soul. I wonder what upset him earlier.
Which wouldn't even be far-fetched considering Madeleine and her family live in London and I believe Nicolas and Charlotte are only a few months apart, aswell as Louis and Adrienne. Who knows if those kids might attend the same schools.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It also indicates the kids see each other often enough they are comfortable and have established relationships. Which is nice to see!

LaRae

I agree. It amuses me when we see strong indications like this that the families do spend time together and get along since there are some people who are positive they all dislike each other and only spend time together at official events.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Royal Highness

Really sweet pictures of the children the last couple of days. All of The Queen's great grandchildren seem charming. I expect that gang of boisterous little girls keeps George on the straight and narrow! At least he has Louis now!
Old 06-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I used to work with prek kids and some parents just didn't want to put shorts on under their daughters dresses.

And IMO Kate looks wonderful in casual and official settings.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

If you insist on 'little girls need to be in cute little dresses' then there should be shorts under the dresses at occasions like this. Charlotte should be able to be doing sommersaults and anything else without worrying about flashing anyone. Occasions like this call for some cute play clothes. Put her in a dress fine, but a little pair of shorts would be good.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte doesn't seem to worry at all about her knickers showing and why should she be. Anyone who sees anything improper in that is the one with the problems not this 3 year old girl.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Majesty

Savannah is like 11 or something. She was wearing a skirt and wasn’t worried about ‘flashing’. The pic of her with her arm around Charlotte, her legs are wide open.

Stuff like that doesn’t bother kids.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Savannah will turn only eight at the end of the year.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Savannah is 7, she was born in December 2010.

Kids don't have issues with lots of things. Like climbing on things they shouldn't. Riding bikes without helmets. Playing with sharp objects. If we raised kids by 'whatever they aren't bothered by' we would have a lot of injured and dead kids.

Sorry there are a lot of sick people out there. And when you know your kid is going to be photographed all over the newspapers and social media, that is a consideration. Either you dress them so they can have fun, or you make them sit like 'a little lady'. Only one of those is fun for a kid.

This 'she is in a dress only age' is such an old fashioned concept. If your little girl isn't in a dress or pink, no one is going to have a fit. Or think her a boy.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Charlotte doesn't seem to worry at all about her knickers showing and why should she be. Anyone who sees anything improper in that is the one with the problems not this 3 year old girl.
Absolutely. Sexualizing a 3 year old is ridiculous. As is comparing wearing normal clothes to something dangerous and neglectful like 'playing with sharp objects' and riding without a helmet.

I know royal women are often the targets of hate from royal-watchers but to start early with a 3 year old is depressing. I imagine it will grow exponentially by the time she's in her teens.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Savannah is like 11 or something. She was wearing a skirt and wasn’t worried about ‘flashing’. The pic of her with her arm around Charlotte, her legs are wide open.

Stuff like that doesn’t bother kids.

You know what... I saw the picture of Savannah (who is 7, not 11) and part of me instantly cringed. Not because Savannah should have to worry about “flashing” in any way, but because her parents should be aware that there are sick people out there, and that their kids are going to be photographed and have their pictures posted on the internet. And while the kids shouldn’t have to worry about it, or be told to sit “lady like” or told that they can’t dance around or do cartwheels, their parents should have the foresight to have their skirt or dress wearing daughter wear shorts underneath.

The fact is, we live in a society where that should be a concern for parents - not the girls, because they’re kids, but the parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

This 'she is in a dress only age' is such an old fashioned concept. If your little girl isn't in a dress or pink, no one is going to have a fit. Or think her a boy.

I disagree here - while I agree that no parent should be all “you’re a girl, so you have to wear dresses or pink”, I also know that kids have their own opinions about what they will and will not wear. I have nephews who are close in age to George and Charlotte, and if they’ve decided what they want to wear, it is a fight to get them to change their mind. For all we know, Charlotte could absolutely love wearing dresses and refuses to wear something else - in which case Kate is wise to pick her battles. Let Charlotte wear dresses (just maybe stick shorts on underneath).
Old 06-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte shouldn't have to worry about keeping her skirt down but that is the job of her parents. Parents are parents because they have more knowledge about the world than their kids; which is why the parents put the shorts on the little ones because Charlotte doesn't care nor does she know.
Though when my prek girls were wearing skirts I did make a habit of teaching them how to sit with them on; they are in school and I felt I would help them with the learning process.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Excatly I can’t understand anyone having a problem with it
Old 06-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Because there are sick people out there...

LaRae