The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I'd forgotten Zonk that there is a Scandinavian trip coming up for the Cambridges at the end of January 2018.
Catching up on this convo which is why I am answering here.

This picture was released with a statement about one of her charities in mid 2017. My post is a tad rubbish because I cant remember which charity or exactly when. But I has seen this picture before it was recently released I will investigate further so as to be more exact but that doesnt explain why it is being positioned as a new release.

EDIT: 8th November Place2B

Problem just downloading her written piece with photo but it is on this blog if you scroll down.

So if this was created prior to 8/11, then it was available for use. So not just released.

http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.co.uk...-place2be.html

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are really gonna enjoy this Daily Mail article! Especially if you have children.
Why Prince William always looks after George in public | Daily Mail Online

Warning!
Do not read this while drinking or eating, you might choke to death! - Or have to clean your screen...
One of the most stupidest articles I've ever read

Old 01-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I will admit I've wondered why William always has George and Kate always has Charlotte. But I'm sure this isn't the reason.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Catching up on this convo which is why I am answering here.

This picture was released with a statement about one of her charities in mid 2017. My post is a tad rubbish because I cant remember which charity or exactly when. But I has seen this picture before it was recently released I will investigate further so as to be more exact but that doesnt explain why it is being positioned as a new release.

EDIT: 8th November Place2B

Problem just downloading her written piece with photo but it is on this blog if you scroll down.

So if this was created prior to 8/11, then it was available for use. So not just released.

Duchess Kate: Kate Reveals She's Still Adjusting to Leaving George at the School Gates During Place2Be School Leaders Forum!
I don’t know where the idea of it just being released came from. Kensington Palace didn’t post it on twitter or anything as they do with new photos.

Seems quite obvious that this photo was taken at the same time as the Christmas photo they released, so in July. I assume it was done before the Germany/Poland tour and that there is also individual photos of William, George and Charlotte from the same day. They usually do new photos and then give them as gifts during tours.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I will admit I've wondered why William always has George and Kate always has Charlotte. But I'm sure this isn't the reason.

The more likely reason is George is older thus heavier than Charlotte so William takes the older kid and Kate the younger lighter one. If Charlotte was older, she would be with William and George with Kate.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Agreed. Maybe not on weight though, but age. Makes more sense the younger is handled by the mom, no matter the gender.

I laugh at these sexist connotative issues. I am sorry but you don't get your self worth by being raised by the same sex as you. Many well adjusted children are raised by single parents of opposite sex. And many children gravitate to one parent or another. Daddy's princess, mama's boy..... Girls have just as much to learn about character, strength and so on from dad as boys do.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Good thing that the new baby wasn't born yet before that article was written. Following that writer's logic, it would fall into place that its William & George, Kate & Charlotte and then Lupo and the new baby. Logical family dynamics. Not.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Good thing that the new baby wasn't born yet before that article was written. Following that writer's logic, it would fall into place that its William & George, Kate & Charlotte and then Lupo and the new baby. Logical family dynamics. Not.
I am sure Lupo, with the aid of Marvin of course, would do a fine job
Old 01-04-2018, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Cannot wait to see the official photos then!

By this logic, the Cambridge's will have 4 children...what a scoop for the Daily Fail!
Old 01-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Now I'm imagining Lupo carrying the baby by the diaper
Old 01-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

With Lupo in a stork costume.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Lupo is the oldest. He was there before George. William was even holding Lupo in the baby picture and in the window one with Kate holding George
Old 01-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Nobility

Who is said Marvin?
Old 01-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh sheeesh. We almost forgot Marvin the Royal Hamster.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The more likely reason is George is older thus heavier than Charlotte so William takes the older kid and Kate the younger lighter one. If Charlotte was older, she would be with William and George with Kate.
George is walking, Kate can hold his hand and let Charlotte be with William. I've seen moms at my work carry the baby, hold the hand of the toddler while also walking with a pre schooler. I'm not saying this to Bash and I think the article is rank; just stating that I've thought it strange that it's always George with William as well. But I think William took George to his first day of school because he's less likely to cry.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
But I think William took George to his first day of school because he's less likely to cry.
William took George to his first day of school in London because Kate was very ill with HG. They had just announced her pregnancy because she got sick again with baby #3. Otherwise both parents would have taken him.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
As I suggested Marvin is in as backup. You know Lupo will need backup, practice for Marvin when he gets called up from the farm league for baby 4
Old 01-05-2018, 12:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
How old is Marvin? I don't remember. A little fact - the average hamster only lives three years.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Biographical Information

The Duke of Cambridge's wikipedia page is...... not bad. A lot of the information is rather poorly sourced, in my opinion. There are a ton of links that redirect to main pages. As a dedicated Wikipedian myself, I'd happily fix these issues, but that page is one of many that is so fiercely guarded, I dare not go near the edit button with a ten foot pole.

I have put together my own collection of source material relating to his life. It's basically a Duke of Cambridge libguide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 01-08-2018, 06:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
William took George to his first day of school in London because Kate was very ill with HG. They had just announced her pregnancy because she got sick again with baby #3. Otherwise both parents would have taken him.
I was very impressed by George on his first day of pre-prep. He seemed very confident, dare I say even more than William (and William was quite bold at that age.)