Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Cambridges Christmas Card!! All in blue!! Taken by Chris Jackson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRUyqImUQAAN9nP.jpg
Lovely picture!

Old 12-18-2017, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

That is one spectacular holiday card, George is looking like he is ready to run, foot in the air and dad holding him back while Charlotte has the look of an elf ready to do mischief.....what a beautiful family, the future of Great Britain.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lovely photo...and George being held in place by William!

LaRae
Old 12-18-2017, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Love the Cambridge’s Christmas 2017 Portrait. They’re such a beautiful family of four. Now soon to be a family of five.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2017, 07:46 AM
Courtier

It's a lovely picture but....is it just me or is the Duchess heavily photoshopped whereas the rest of her family are not? It could be a bad quality image and it might look better when it's printed but it just looks a little strange to me.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, to me, they all seem to be separate pictures put together in a collage to form a portrait.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, to me, they all seem to be separate pictures put together in a collage to form a portrait.
The same thought crossed my mind. It does look as if the Duchess and Princess Charlotte have been added in later.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Majesty

Beautiful photo, beautiful family. Princess Charlotte has the cutest little smile.

Next Christmas it will be a family of 5!
Old 12-18-2017, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

No, it’s just that Catherine and Charlotte’s part is touched up a bit. For some odd reason women’s pictures are touched up way too often. As the digital age grow, natural pics disappear.

It’s a beautiful family portrait though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess’ Face is heavily photoshopped which is irritating as the photo looks lovely and Catherine doesn’t need to be photoshopped so heavily. Real shame.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't get the photoshop...I mean we all know what she looks like in public so why bother with the 'doctoring' of pics?

LaRae
Old 12-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is just my guesstimation but I'm thinking that this portrait was listed as being by Chris Jackson. The difference between a portrait and a picture is that the photographer gets to use his artisan skills to produce a finished product.

I kind of felt a sense of disappointment too in Charles and Camilla's choice of a portrait for their holiday card. I much prefer a picture over a portrait any day. But that's just me.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

I think this photograph was taken in a room not in front of a backdrop. Maybe when they decided to release as a holiday card, they decided to white out the background. That is where I think some of the odd photoshopping looks comes from.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Courtier

What catches my eye, beyond the mischievous glint in Charlotte's expression, is that George has one foot raised and William has his hands on George's shoulders, as if he was keeping his son from bolting off to run around. I think that's the second time we've seen William clearly keeping George in line for just a few minutes longer while posing for a family picture. Methinks George always has better, more interesting things to do with his time, lol.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

It’s a lovely family picture but I agree with those who say that Kate’s face looks terribly photoshopped
Old 12-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness

Kids are adorable!
Old 12-18-2017, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

They’re are adorable family. I bet George and Charlotte have them laughing all the time.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2017, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't get the photoshop...I mean we all know what she looks like in public so why bother with the 'doctoring' of pics?

LaRae
I agree. The photoshopping of Catherine's face is unnecessary. It's still a lovely photo though; the children look adorable.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-18-2017, 10:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

The kids are positively adorable. Charlotte is going to be a mischevious elf it seems. George looks a bit more pensieve.

Kate is horribly photo shopped which is totally not required.

A little disappointed. Not only with the photoshopped portrait, but also that it is so old. I would have loved a nice seasonal photo. But the kids make up for some of it at least.