General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: With Lupo in a stork costume. :lol:

Lupo is the oldest. He was there before George. William was even holding Lupo in the baby picture and in the window one with Kate holding George

Oh sheeesh. We almost forgot Marvin the Royal Hamster. :D

The more likely reason is George is older thus heavier than Charlotte so William takes the older kid and Kate the younger lighter one. If Charlotte was older, she would be with William and George with Kate.
George is walking, Kate can hold his hand and let Charlotte be with William. I've seen moms at my work carry the baby, hold the hand of the toddler while also walking with a pre schooler. I'm not saying this to Bash and I think the article is rank; just stating that I've thought it strange that it's always George with William as well. But I think William took George to his first day of school because he's less likely to cry. [emoji6]

Last edited:
But I think William took George to his first day of school because he's less likely to cry. [emoji6]

William took George to his first day of school in London because Kate was very ill with HG. They had just announced her pregnancy because she got sick again with baby #3. Otherwise both parents would have taken him.

Last edited:

As I suggested Marvin is in as backup. You know Lupo will need backup, practice for Marvin when he gets called up from the farm league for baby 4 :lol:

How old is Marvin? I don't remember. A little fact - the average hamster only lives three years. ?

Biographical Information

The Duke of Cambridge's wikipedia page is...... :ermm: not bad. A lot of the information is rather poorly sourced, in my opinion. There are a ton of links that redirect to main pages. As a dedicated Wikipedian myself, I'd happily fix these issues, but :whistling: that page is one of many that is so fiercely guarded, I dare not go near the edit button with a ten foot pole.

I have put together my own collection of source material relating to his life. It's basically a Duke of Cambridge libguide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-vJFeVtHRTJyodzeCe-XzjENlWLVuAD-0O6CaKbWM0w/edit?usp=sharing

William took George to his first day of school in London because Kate was very ill with HG. They had just announced her pregnancy because she got sick again with baby #3. Otherwise both parents would have taken him.

I was very impressed by George on his first day of pre-prep. He seemed very confident, dare I say even more than William (and William was quite bold at that age.)

Just wondering who was at the Birthday dinner?

The DM is assuming Meghan and Harry, James and Pippa Matthews.
But the dinner was for eight, so who else?

Most likely her parents.

LaRae

The Duchess of Cambridge donated some of her hair to cancer charity:
Duchess of Cambridge 'donates hair to cancer charity' | Daily Mail Online

Nice thought but the story is full of too many holes. For one the article suggests she was getting her hair cut when the idea came to mind. And 2 that it was only about 7 inches.

The charity's recommended length is minimum 12 inches. They will at times take shorter which gets blended, but 12 inches is recommended. And it is meant to be in a ponytail, so it would have to be a conscious thought from the start.

Nice if true, but like any DF articles, needs taken with a load of salt.

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

12 inches is the minimum to make a long haired wig

The minimum length accepted is 7 inch that will be made into a shorter hair wig.

http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate-hair/

Little boys get cancer too. Short hair kids too.

Last edited:
12 inches is the minimum to make a long haired wig

The minimum length accepted is 7 inch that will be made into a shorter hair wig.

Donate Hair - Little Princess Trust

Little boys get cancer too. Short hair kids too.

Thank you for pointing this out Skippyboo. The website also mentions that shorter length can be blended in with other hair donations as well to create a wig. It could be used to create bangs/fringe for a wig too.

A lovely gesture from Catherine. My hair is long too and I'm planning to do the same in a few weeks.

The Duchess of Cambridge has revealed that four-year-old Prince George enjoys bonding with his father over films.

Kate, 36, was overheard at a post-BAFTAs ceremony meet and greet on Monday night chatting about her son’s love of movies and how it was shared by her husband.

Chatting to Lee Unkrich, the director of the acclaimed Disney animation Coco, she said: ‘I'm desperate to see it. Lots of girlfriends have been to see it with their kiddies and been really impressed with it.

‘They [kids] are just getting into films now, George is four-and-a-half. Paddington is definitely up there, and so is Coco now.
Read more: Kate reveals William and George love bonding over films | Daily Mail Online

Duchess of Cambridge at age 13 stars at a school play and was told that she will marry a handsome, wealthy man called William!!!!

https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalt...play-video-marry-wealthy-man-called-william//

Prince William, took a break from royal duties to play a game of five-a-side in south London this week.

Prince William joins friends for a game of five-a-side in London | Daily Mail Online

The Duke of Cambridge spotted in Poundbury yesterday on a private visit.

Delight as Prince William spotted in Poundbury | Dorset Echo

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if she has the same 'horror' of polo? I'm not sure it's any safer than riding a motorbike.

LaRae

He recently rode a bike during an engagement. Probably stirred up his desire to get back to riding.

I don't think he ever quit...just curtailed it.

LaRae

No, I don’t think he gave it up, but it’s just been a long time since he’s been spotted on his bike.

As the Mother of his Children , [and of a child for whom the ramifications of the death or permanent incapacity of their father would be MASSIVE], I can understand the fear the Duchess has of these machines..
My Sister is married to a chap who gets his 'kicks' by throwing himself out of Aeroplanes [Skydiving], and every single time he does it, she is PETRIFIED, for him, for their children and for herself.
It has always seemed rather selfish and irresponsible to me...

As the Mother of his Children , [and of a child for whom the ramifications of the death or permanent incapacity of their father would be MASSIVE], I can understand the fear the Duchess has of these machines..
My Sister is married to a chap who gets his 'kicks' by throwing himself out of Aeroplanes [Skydiving], and every single time he does it, she is PETRIFIED, for him, for their children and for herself.
It has always seemed rather selfish and irresponsible to me...

I love skydiving! It's such a thrill! It terrified me for so long, then, during my husband's time in the service, he became 'Airborne' trained, and did it for a living, and fell in love. Rather than demand he stop, or be petrified, I agreed to look into going with him, just once. Just once was all I needed. It's such a kick. We go once a year minimum.

I would hazard to guess that William likely rides fairly regularly, he's just not regularly caught doing so. And so long as he's wearing his protective gear, and following the speeds, I'd say he's likely safer than most, since he also has security details following him.

Can't stop living ...life is full of risk. Folks die everyday just going about their lives. No guarantees. Polo is dangerous, horses are by nature dangerous yet most of the BRF ride or are involved with horses, motorcycles are dangerous, being in the military is dangerous, being an air rescue pilot is dangerous.

If you get involved with and/or marry someone who is involved in these things you should already know the score. No problem being scared for them or worry... but I think it's wrong to demand they stop enjoying their hobbies.

I don't think it selfish either for someone to take part in high risk activities. It's part of who they are.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom