General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia

Arms of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to The Cambridge Family's
General News, Part Three

Commencing March 19, 2017

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Duchess could be visiting Luxembourg in May

Luxemburger Wort - Kate could be visiting Luxembourg soon

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met David Matthews and Jane Parker at a dinner party at fiance James Matthews' home in Kensington"

Kate and Prince William meet Pippa's future in-laws | Daily Mail Online

"Grace Van Cutsem, Kate and Will's three-year-old flower girl, upstaged the couple's first kiss when she put her hands over her ears to block out the cheering crowds."

Flower girl who stole the show at Kate and Will's wedding is all grown up - Mirror Online

AS Prince William and Kate celebrate their sixth wedding anniversary on Saturday, here is a look back at the grand royal wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...res-anniversary-Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-photos

"On Saturday the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge celebrated six years of marriage, but that isn't the only anniversary Kate has this weekend.
Yesterday, April 29, also marked one year since the wife of Prince William was unveiled as making her debut appearance on the cover of British Vogue.
To mark the occasion former editor-in-chief of the magazine Alexandra Shulman has recounted the surprisingly laid back shoot with Her Royal Highness."

"According to Gina Jones from Bumpkins, The Baby Show’s lead experts in baby photography, it is all down to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's desire to be 'resourceful with money'."
See the photo that Duke and Duchess of Cambridge chosen to send to Royal fans for the sixth wedding anniversary

See the photo William and Kate have chosen to send royal fans after celebrating sixth wedding anniversary

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this consider one of the 'royal orders'?

LaRae

Is this consider one of the 'royal orders'?

LaRae
So far it seems generally confusing. Appearantly she might have had it for a while. Little is known about it so far... I wonder if anyone has contacted the royal reporters. They might know more or be able to ask the palace.

Kate is also the only member of the royal family who has this 'order', which is incredibly odd when you add in that nothing is known about it.

The Tuvalu Order of Merit was mentioned in the 2017 Tuvalu National Budget that was presented in November last year; the government agreed to "Increase funding of $30,000 will be provided for Tuvalu Order of Merits." Not mentioned in the 2016 or 2015 budget.

This article from October 2016 that has the Prime Minister of Tuvalu's speech at the 38th anniversary of Tuvalu's independence celebrations speaks of the order:

I want to extend special words of thanks to the Governor General who is representing the Queen of England for providing the special medals, the Tuvalu Order of Merit. Therefore I would like to congratulate all of you who will be awarded with this medal. Thank you for your contributions to the nation, your contributions have been appreciated through this medal.

Based on that quote, it appears the order is for contributions to Tuvalu. Which honestly is not applicable to Kate. Most intriguing.

It may be that all senior members of the royal family have it, but it's only mentioned in Catherine's profile as a member. It's in William's profile too. Although, the Cambridge's are the two royals that have recently officially visited Tuvalu.

Catherine also have the Diamond Jubilee Medal, but we won't really see it on Catherine unless she wear a uniform: like Princess Anne.

Last edited:
Other than the Queen and Philip & the Cambridges has any other royals even visited Tuvalu ?

It may be that all senior members of the royal family have it, but it's only mentioned in Catherine's profile as a member. It's in William's profile too. Although, the Cambridge's are the two royals that have recently officially visited Tuvalu.

Catherine also have the Diamond Jubilee Medal, but we won't really see it on Catherine unless she wear a uniform: like Princess Anne.

It is listed on William's profile, yes, but as 'The Duchess of Cambridge'. Like they have either a) accidentally added it to William's page and he doesn't have it, or b) have not changed the wording and he does have it.

If you search 'All Members of the Royal Family' with 'Tuvalu Order of Merit' in the Charity/Organisation, Kate is the only one who shows up.

All in all, none of this makes any sense whatsoever.

Other than the Queen and Philip & the Cambridges has any other royals even visited Tuvalu ?

The British Monarchy site only lists those four as having visited Tuvalu.

Last edited:
It is listed on William's profile, yes, but as 'The Duchess of Cambridge'. Like they have either a) accidentally added it to William's page and he doesn't have it, or b) have not changed the wording and he does have it.

If you search 'All Members of the Royal Family' with 'Tuvalu Order of Merit' in the Charity/Organisation, Kate is the only one who shows up.

All in all, none of this makes any sense whatsoever.
I agree. I hope this get's cleared up. I'm curious :p

It wasn't t even announced, which make think it's a medal similar to Jubilee medals that's not announced. Although, I'm hoping she'll be getting a knighthood soon and I know that will be announced.

I wonder if any of the royal reporters know anything about it?

It wasn't t even announced, which make think it's a medal similar to Jubilee medals that's not announced.

Or it was announced in some document that's only available in Tuvalu. The government of Tuvalu doesn't appear to have a large online footprint, so there is no easy way to see what was published in its gazette.

Last edited:

Yes it is their first which isn't uncommon.

These orders of merit are usually given in accordance with state visits. Thought they have done tours, Kate and William are just starting into senior royal life. They will gain more when Charles is king, and they start doing the tours Charles does.

Besides the Queen and Prince Philip. Only Charles and Anne have recieved many foreign orders. Camilla has a few too. Edward and Sophie have none. Andrew has one fro Norway and from the UAE. The senior royaks like the Kebts and Gloucesters have some.

Like a knighthood, more orders will come with time.

Daily Fail is ridiculous. Could they repeat almost identical pictures any more???

Good grief..they must be very bored .....interesting though, first time I remember seeing Kate trying to hide her face (not that she hasn't before..I just can't remember!).

LaRae

Good grief..they must be very bored .....interesting though, first time I remember seeing Kate trying to hide her face (not that she hasn't before..I just can't remember!).

LaRae
I font think she is trying to hide her face. I think she is just sorting her hair out whilst carrying a phone on the same hand.

I font think she is trying to hide her face. I think she is just sorting her hair out whilst carrying a phone on the same hand.
Agreed. But DM got their intended reactions by posting those pictures.

They are such a cute couple. You can tell they keep the edge and have fun!

LaRae

They are such a cute couple. You can tell they keep the edge and have fun!

LaRae

Yeah, they're something else. I'm glad I cam across the post.

:previous: Wow, Grace has changed so much since the wedding! She's growing up to be a pretty little girl. I still remember her as the grumpy little bridesmaid at the wedding, though :p
I've been so busy lately that I totally forgot that we're approaching the Cambridge's sixth wedding anniversary. Time really does fly.

I hope the Cambridge's enjoyed their anniversary!

I didn't know where to put this fun video. Maybe it's already been linked somewhere here (perhaps in the Heads Together thread?)

William and Kate are so down-to-earth and they have such a sense of humor. :lol:

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge surprise Radio 1's Adele with a visit to the station:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDKGAPppxwU

When they ask Kate why Harry calls her 'Kath,' she couldn't think of a response because she barely registers him calling her that. It's apparently just a Harry thing, unconsciously uttered with deep affection. :)

William even makes fun of himself by joking about his 'dancing.' :lol:

They do anything to try and sell ads :bang:

They are being cost savvy like when she recycles once in a while :ermm:

Don't know what the expert thinks, but it's about nothing but privacy. The couple aren't counting pennies. They didn't want a photographer invading their space, so released private photos.

Nor is Kate about to become the next royal photographer.

I wonder their next story. Kate buys regular school books for George instead of twenty four carrot notebooks, so he will be like other students :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom