Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember how long we have waited from birth announcement to name announcement when George and Charlotte were born?

George's name was announced on July 24th (born July 22nd).
Charlotte's name was announced on May 4th (born May 2nd).

I expect we'll have a name on Wednesday (Arthur is my guess).

i wouldnt be surprised if michael was in the name...i think its more likely than charles..

but i think Phillip will be in the name for sure.

I thought perhaps George would be a middle name, since the child was born on Saint George's Day.

I thought it would be a boy.

My guess for a name is also Arthur. I’ll say Arthur Philip Michael.

Though it might be interesting if they went with something different.

Bookie favorites are now Arthur, Philip and Frederik

I'm going with Arthur or Phillip. I'm really pulling for Phillip as the first name for sentimental reasons. Just glad he's here and both mom and baby are in good health.

My favorite of the "royal"/"traditional names is: Prince Philip Michael David:flowers: but I think we will probably see Arthur for the new Prince.
I just hope they don't decide on Albert/Alfred, not that they are asking me, ?. I still am not crazy about Prince George, so I am hoping for anything but Albert/ Alfred.:bang:

My choices: Arthur, Phillip, Richard, Frederik. My fav are Arthur and Richard with Arthur being my top fav.

I did think it would be Arthur but feel Frederick's more likely.

Maybe, just maybe with this being the second son, they'll include his father's name. William. I think that would be kind of nice. ?

Maybe, just maybe with this being the second son, they'll include his father's name. William. I think that would be kind of nice. ?

Today's also a William Shakespeare day so it would really be nice.

Prince Frederick would be nice! Freddie for short!

Or Prince Arthur, Prince Oscar or Prince Alfred

I doubt they will call him Oscar; it's traditional Swedish royal name, not British.

I doubt they will call him Oscar; it's traditional Swedish royal name, not British.

It was just a suggestion! Who knows? Now that it’s their third they may branch out a little!

It's a pretty awesome name, but I too doubt it'll be a choice in the BRF.

Arthur
Michael
Nicholas
Philip
Albert
Alexander
Anthony
Robert
Christopher
Dominic
John
Thomas
Louis
Matthew
Patrick
Richard

And I'm out of guesses.

But I highly doubt they will "branch out" - if older son and daughter have names given previously in the British Royal family (Six Kings Georges, Queen Charlotte - wife of the Third One, Princess Charlotte - daughter of the fourth one; George III also had a daughter named Charlotte) their brother will probably not stand out from his siblings.

Three Charlottes connected with Georges, so:

Frederick (firstborn son of George II, Prince of Wales, second son of George III,)
Other sons of George III were named: Edward (I doubt it), Ernest, Augustus, Adolphus (HIGHLY doubt it), Octavius, Alfred.
With sons of George V - left names: Albert, Henry, John.

Last edited:
It's a pretty awesome name, but I too doubt it'll be a choice in the BRF.

Arthur
Michael
Nicholas
Philip
Albert
Alexander
Anthony
Robert
Christopher
Dominic
John
Thomas
Louis
Matthew
Patrick

Richard

And I'm out of guesses.
Oh, I forgot about Thomas, Patrick and Mathew, really pretty names for a prince, especially Prince Thomas.

Reposting my December prediction below.

I believe we can get fairly close in our prediction by studying the naming patterns of members of the current House of Windsor. Whether boy or girl names (generally) follow the below pattern.

Given name = Traditional Hanoverian Name
Middle names = honor a Hanoverian, Saxon or Montbatten ancestor.

This naming pattern is not 100% true to all members but generally works.

We can rule out combinations of George Alexander Louis because they are already being used by William & Kate's first son. Therefore, my prediction is:

Boy ~ Edward Arthur Phillip

And by the way, this new prince is also now a strong candidate to be a "future" Duke of York.

We will all find out likely on Wednesday morning.

I'm still rooting for Prince Philip Henry James of Cambridge

However, if Zara is having a boy and asked William not to use that name, I'm fine with them picking a different one :flowers: (although Philip sounds better next to George and Charlotte than as a little brother of Mia).

David Michael Albert

David Louis Albert

Phillip David Albert

Phillip Michael Albert

James Michael Albert

James David Albert

I seriously doubt he will be called Arthur or John.

I partially agree. I don't think his first name will be Arthur but one of his middle name certainly could be as his father is William Arthur Phillip Louis and his grandfather is Charles Philip Arthur George. Not too much of a stretch to predict Arthur as a middle name.

I doubt we will see random, non British royal names, like Mathew or Dominic. It seems the couple prefers very classic royal names.

I have seen Nicholas mentioned a few times. I am not sure Philip was all that close to his Greek Uncles was he? Not sure that William and Kate would name a son for Philip's uncles, Christopher or Nicholas. Lord Nicholas is different, his father was a grandson of Prince Nicholas.

I know its St George's day but I hope they don't reuse names. It is also Shakespeare's birthday so I hope we see a nod to the bard/Dad.

Prince Frederick William Michael of Cambridge

Prince Philip William Michael of Cambridge

Prince Thomas Michael William of Cambridge

Prince Arthur Philip William of Cambridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom