Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect them to use Elizabeth twice (both for Charlotte and for Cambridge #3) - probably not even if born on her birthday. Calling a son 'Phillip' would be a great way to honor the queen as well :)

I don't expect them to use Elizabeth twice (both for Charlotte and for Cambridge #3) - probably not even if born on her birthday. Calling a son 'Phillip' would be a great way to honor the queen as well :)

Or Alexandra or Mary, the queen’s middle names.

Or Alexandra or Mary, the queen’s middle names.

Yes, I considered that as well: I would prefer Mary in that case as George already has Alexander as one of his middle names. So, it would still be a repeat in my book.

Hoping no Alexandra, love the name, but already used Alexander.

I do think if the baby is born April 21st, we will see a Mary. :flowers: Or if a boy, Philip. Both honor to the Queen.

Princess Mary Alice Valerie of Cambridge

Prince Philip Albert Michael of Cambridge

I really do hope the baby is born any other day though. He or she shouldn't have to share a birthday with the queen. Will never have their own day until the queen passes away.

April isn't just a popular birth month now. It was in time as well.

Alice and Mary would be fitting for April 25. Mary, Countess Harewood, and George III's daughter Mary were born on that day. And Victoria's daughter Alice as well.

If it's a girl and they pick Mary as a middle name; all three children have one of the queen's names (or a male variant)... Would be a nice nod.

Not hardly! lol

I just like the name.

I can't think of a boy name that I like except Philip, and I hope Zara will have a boy.

Not hardly! lol

I just like the name.

I can't think of a boy name that I like except Philip, and I hope Zara will have a boy.

Not sure about Lady Nimue, but for me I think its the color of your letters which are popping your suggestion off the page :flowers:

For a girl, I like Helena. I like Alix as a standalone name, or they can name her Alexandra but say that she will be known as Princess Alix, a la Henry / Prince Harry.

For a boy, I am hoping that Michael and Philip are two of the names. If the Cambridges go the old-fashioned route, I like Leopold and Arthur.

Ik think it will be a girl, princess Alice, born in thé 22th of april.

I saw Kate's mum in a shop today. Of course I was dying to ask her about names, but I don't know her and would never be so pushy as to approach her. Not that she would have been likely to tell me anything! :lol:

Last edited:
I saw Kate's mum in a shop today. Of course I was dying to ask her about names, but I don't know her and would never be so pushy as to approach her. Not that she would have been likely to tell me anything! :lol:

Is she in London?

How fortunate! I would be dying to ask her too, haha. I'd be too embarrassed for that to be the first question if I was in the same situation though :D

I really hope they will use Philip and Michael as middle names if it's a boy.

I secretly hope that is a girl and they willcall her Alice or Caroline. Mary and Alexandra might be good choices as middle names. Or even Loiuse.

Interesting how the female versions of George's middle names keep coming up as potential names for a sibling.

The pool of names from which to choose is most likely small (given their choices so far) but I do hope they venture out of the names of the 6 names they have already given to their children. It should be possible to find 3 completely new names. Repeat in middle names to me seems even more unlikely than as a first name. If they truly want to use one of the previously used names as a first name, I would wonder why they picked it as a middle name previously but that makes slightly more sense than repeating a name as a middle name.

:previous: There isn't a small pool. They stick to Georgian/Hannoverian names for the first names true. But there are plenty of options left for both male or female.

The middle names there are no rules. They seem to choose family names.

We could go on here and make up combinations of names for days, some have, and likely wouldn't use up all of the options. There certainly is no reason they would need to reuse a royal name.

First names sticking Hannoverian/Victorian on:
-Alfred
-Albert
-David
-Richard
-Arthur
-Frederick
-Alice
-Helena
-Amelia
-Sophia
-Augusta
-Mary
-Margaret

Middle names with family links (to just name a few)
-Henry
-James
-Peter
-Michael
-Frances/is
-Valerie
-Carole
-could go on and on

Even without exhausting the family names, or branching further back into the family for a first name, can come up with dozens of combinations without coming close to needing to repeat any name used before.

I really hope they will use Philip and Michael as middle names if it's a boy.

I secretly hope that is a girl and they willcall her Alice or Caroline. Mary and Alexandra might be good choices as middle names. Or even Loiuse.

I can't really see them using Louise. Middle names are for honouring family members, I think that Alice is very likely as a first name.. and I hope that Kate's name will finally be used for a daughter's second name. They might giv her Philippa in honour of P Phil as they naturally used Elizabeth and Diana last time.

If the Queen Mother could give her first born daughter her name, there's a slight chance that a new princess could have a name after her mother. Something like Caitlin. Now that would be a royal twist in names. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom