Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a Princess use Sybilla as a middle name. Sybilla was the Queen Consort of King Alexander I of Scotland.

Arthur James Philip?
Arthur Philip Henry?

Even though I like the name Albert, I don't think they'll use it because of what the phrase now means. Alfred is sweet sounding, though. Although I'm not sure it sounds like it'd fit with George and Charlotte.
I just feel like, if Zara were to have a boy, Philip "should" be hers, haha. Who knows?

Eleanor Caroline Frances
Mary Frances Eleanor

This waiting game is killing me haha but speaking of two weeks overdue, my good friend was 15 days overdue! He was scheduled to be induced the next day but finally decided to come without being forced. 11 pounds but skinny as a stalk now - I don't think Catherine's baby is that large though.

Mary Adelaide would make a pretty combination. Princess Mary Adelaide of Teck was the mother of Queen Mary, the wife of King George V.

Princess Carmen! :flowers: (Though it's going to be a boy! ;) )

I think it would be neat for Charlotte to be the only girl....I'm thinking boy also though.

LaRae

I think 'boy' too. I have to say I was completely wrong about the birthdate. I really thought she wouldn't go beyond the 15th. If it is the end of this month that gives Kate three weeks to recover a bit though before the wedding.

If we are going Hanovarian I suppose Frederick could be in contention. It might be Arthur, with Philip as a middle name. Again, I can't see a really oldfashioned name that would make this child stand out like a sore thumb among his contemporaries at school.

Holding out hope for David or Phillip! lol

LaRae

I think 'boy' too. I have to say I was completely wrong about the birthdate. I really thought she wouldn't go beyond the 15th. If it is the end of this month that gives Kate three weeks to recover a bit though before the wedding.

If we are going Hanovarian I suppose Frederick could be in contention. It might be Arthur, with Philip as a middle name. Again, I can't see a really oldfashioned name that would make this child stand out like a sore thumb among his contemporaries at school.

Old fashioned names are coming back into popularity. George is certainly old fashioned as well. A name like Alfred, the kid would likely go by Alfie in school, which is one of the most popular names in the UK last year. Frederick again old fashioned, but Freddie is popular. Not going to see them go with something trendy. These kids will be going eventually to schools like Eton, they will fit right in with other kids of that class.

No, but very oldfashioned names used by the Royal family in years past like Augustus, would. And if you look at the names of children in William and Kate's circle, 'Turnip toffs' etc, the names they give their sons are quite traditional, (ie Charles, Tom, Hugh etc) not usually very trendy, and they fit in with the contemporary style of their class.

I'll have another guess:

John Henry Francis born 23rd April
Mary Alice Edwina born 21st April

It has become popular but I don't like it.. esp if Abbreviated to Alfie.. and it reminds me of EastEnders. I hope they wont go with it...

I don't like it either!

I'm still hoping they will go with Michael or David or Stephen, if the baby's a boy.

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

Arthur James Philip?
Arthur Philip Henry?

Even though I like the name Albert, I don't think they'll use it because of what the phrase now means. Alfred is sweet sounding, though. Although I'm not sure it sounds like it'd fit with George and Charlotte.
I just feel like, if Zara were to have a boy, Philip "should" be hers, haha. Who knows?

Eleanor Caroline Frances
Mary Frances Eleanor

This waiting game is killing me haha but speaking of two weeks overdue, my good friend was 15 days overdue! He was scheduled to be induced the next day but finally decided to come without being forced. 11 pounds but skinny as a stalk now - I don't think Catherine's baby is that large though.

Same with my cousin and his wife’s third baby; my cousin’s wife went 10 days over and was scheduled for an induction that day, but went into labour naturally and gave birth to a 9 lb. 6 oz. girl, who will be 10 in October. Did your friend have a C-section with her 11-pounder?

For a daughter use Frederica as a middle name. Princess Frederica Charlotte, Duchess of York was the wife of Prince Frederick, Duke of York.

I thought the birth would be today. It’s my daughters birthday. Any day now anyway ...a boy ..Alfred ? Freddy

Prince Alexander. :flowers: (Or Princess Alice I'm starting to think though I'm not keen on the name, would prefer Alexandra).

I am just hoping with the huge variety of names, even limited to royal, that they don't reuse a name again. Can get more creative then Prince Alexander.

It would be nice to be able to state one's preference without a stalker on one's heels. :huh:

Just a handful of weeks ago I posted this, and the very next post expressed concern regarding the name Alexander. Okay. Fair enough. An opinion. :flowers:

Princess Alexandra Alice Victoria ❤️

Or (hedging bet) Prince Alexander Albert Michael ;)

I really do hope with the plethora of royal and family names out there, they don't reuse one of the names they have already used. As much as I love Alexandra (too close to Alexander).

BUT I decide to express my preference yet again weeks later, and lo! the diss happens again in the very next post by the very same poster. With the added dig that choosing that name would not be 'creative'. Good grief!

Prince Alexander. :flowers: (Or Princess Alice I'm starting to think though I'm not keen on the name, would prefer Alexandra).

I am just hoping with the huge variety of names, even limited to royal, that they don't reuse a name again. Can get more creative then Prince Alexander.

It would be nice if you could please not make your comments personal. Express your views but not at someone else's expense. That's just common courtesy I would think. This post will likely be deleted but as you know it is the only way I can ask you to back off, which I am doing. Many thanks.

I do wonder if they will be a little less traditional with their third child's name. It seems that royals tend to be classic but less formal such as the Dutch princess Ariane, the Danish twins Josephine and Vincent, Princess Madeleine's third child Adrienne.
Perhaps being further from the throne allows for something different :)

Although I do see that the British royals tend towards tradition so maybe not;)

I'm so interested to see what the baby will be and what he or she will be called.

William's reported comment about Jack makes me wonder if John might be in the running after all. It was the name of William's grandfather, and of course has royal pedigree. I don't attach much importance to the rumours about the Royals being superstitious.

John is not fashionable, being just outside the top 100 names, but they could choose it as a formal name while calling him Jack (as happened with Henry/Harry).

He said or Jackie too...so ....not sure it was a slip.

LaRae

He said or Jackie too...so ....not sure it was a slip.

Oh, he was definitely covering when he added 'or Jackie', but I don't infer anything from it really. He was probably just caught up in his excitement over the goal.

Princess Jacqueline? It would sound original!

Right about now, I would hazard the guess that Kate is walking around muttering "I'm going to name you Late For Dinner" and wishing something would start happening.

Those last few days of waiting seem like months.

I think she would like the baby to wait till the end of Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (William is occupied for now).

William's reported comment about Jack makes me wonder if John might be in the running after all. It was the name of William's grandfather, and of course has royal pedigree. I don't attach much importance to the rumours about the Royals being superstitious.

John is not fashionable, being just outside the top 100 names, but they could choose it as a formal name while calling him Jack (as happened with Henry/Harry).

Although in general I'm not superstitious, even in the Spencer family the name was unlucky recently. And though Diana's father was called Johnnie, his first name was actually Edward.

John Spencer-son of Edward John & Frances Ruth, born & died Jan 12, 1960

Although in general I'm not superstitious, even in the Spencer family the name was unlucky recently. And though Diana's father was called Johnnie, his first name was actually Edward.

John Spencer-son of Edward John & Frances Ruth, born & died Jan 12, 1960

I know Diana's father's first name was Edward, but the name he used was John. If I wanted to name a child in remembrance of someone, I would give them the name they were known by.

As for "recently" - it was nearly 60 years ago!

Last edited:
I do wonder if they will be a little less traditional with their third child's name. It seems that royals tend to be classic but less formal such as the Dutch princess Ariane, the Danish twins Josephine and Vincent, Princess Madeleine's third child Adrienne.
Perhaps being further from the throne allows for something different :)

Although I do see that the British royals tend towards tradition so maybe not;)

Not only the British, but also the Middletons seem to have a penchant for royal names. There's Catherine Elizabeth, Phillippa Charlotte, and James William.
All names used by royalty.

Well, it’s almost time! I am hoping that Baby Cambridge no. 3 arrives onQueen Elizabeth’s 92nd birthday.

For a girl, my perfect choice would be: Cecilia Elizabeth Rose. A trifecta tribute to QE2 (grandmother, mother/self, sister).

For a boy, David Michael Philip (The Queen Mother’s beloved little brother, Catherine’s father, William’s grandfather).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom