Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a son: Robert/Robin, John, Richard, Edmund, James

for a daughter: Mary, Jane, Clara, Emma, Philippa

If it's Edmund i'd be immediately reminded of Blackadder :lol:

I love the name, but now all I will ever think of is:

Too bad Edward hadn't been named Edmund instead, as Blackadder's title was Duke of Edinburgh :D

John seems to be vetoed. And due to Viscount Severn being a child, and close family, I doubt we will see James as a first name.

I think all the names I thought of, for a prince, have been monarchs in the past.

When offering my opinion, it never occurred to me that decades-old tv programmes would matter. :ermm:

Last edited:
On a whimsical note for a boy: Prince Cameron of Cambridge.

For a girl: Princess Clarissa of Cambridge.

Sounds like I need a Disney fix doesn't it. :D

But then again, with George, they haven’t honoured any living relatives, so quite likely they won’t with baby #3.

George shares all three of his names with William's first cousins from the Spencer family:

George McCorquodale
Alexander Fellowes
Louis, Viscount Althorp

My guesses are Alice and Arthur.

Never known a doctor to let a pregnancy go 2 weeks past the due date. Due date some time in April.

Still leaning towards a due date mid April, though possibly delivering late.

As I said before: due date may be as well 30 April.

My cousin had her boy induced two weeks after due date and he is completely healthy.

I am expecting her to give birth by the 20th...but we'll see! I hear she went late with one or both of her first children.

LaRae

My cousin had her boy induced two weeks after due date and he is completely healthy.

My sister-in-law had both her girls induced two weeks after the due date and both are completely healthy.

I have a friend who was induced about 11 days past the due date and again completely healthy.

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

Fred or Victoria but neither will be used [emoji52]

I know everyone says it, but I don't like the expression "use" in this context. I see a name as something given by the parents. It is used (or not!) by the bearer.

My guesses are:
For a girl - Princess Alice Victoria Mary
For a boy - Prince Arthur Edward Philip

John seems to be vetoed. And due to Viscount Severn being a child, and close family, I doubt we will see James as a first name.

The baby will already have two uncle Jameses, so, great as middle name not as first name...

Very unlikely. The would not have locked off a press area three weeks in advance. Based on Charlottes presumed date, they do so about a week in advance, so due date is most likely around April 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I've noticed about the Cambridge names is that neither George or Charlotte have ever been addressed as less than their full name and no nicknames have come out yet. I expect the same with this child. If the child's name is Alice or Arthur, it will be the sole name used to identify them. No named Henry and known as Harry kind of thing.

Also, George is one syllable for the first child, Charlotte is two syllables for a second child. Will this child have three syllables? Stay tuned to this thread to find out. :D

Yes indeed, but your post I was responding to, said 'wait until May 15'. So even if her due date was April 30, that is more then 2 weeks late. Allowing a woman to go over 2 weeks past her due date without induction :ermm: 7-10 days maybe, May 10 latest for an induction. If she goes 15 days past her due date, and they aren't doing something about it, the queen should consider a new doctor. Anything past 41 weeks, the baby starts risking issues with umbilical cord, fetal distress, merconium aspiration and so on.

Yes, women beat the odds every day, or doctors wouldn't allow it. But there is no need to take such a risk. And I doubt a royal doctor is going to take the risk, even small, of the future queen and her child being in any risk.

The baby will already have two uncle Jameses, so, great as middle name not as first name...

Yes, certainly not ruling it out as a middle name. May be nice if they honored both Uncles, and used Henry James as a middle name.

I think all the names I thought of, for a prince, have been monarchs in the past.

When offering my opinion, it never occurred to me that decades-old tv programmes would matter.

Blackadder still has quite the following, even if an older show. Kind of a 'classic'. Rowan Atkinson was actually at their wedding :D

I didn't mean at all it ruled out a name. I just agreed with a poster that it would bring up certain images for people.

Another thing I've noticed about the Cambridge names is that neither George or Charlotte have ever been addressed as less than their full name and no nicknames have come out yet. I expect the same with this child. If the child's name is Alice or Arthur, it will be the sole name used to identify them. No named Henry and known as Harry kind of thing.

Also, George is one syllable for the first child, Charlotte is two syllables for a second child. Will this child have three syllables? Stay tuned to this thread to find out.

They may have nicknames in private. William and Kate may just not use them out in public, as they want the proper names used by the public.

Three syllable names, interesting thought. Kind of limits the choices royal ?

Is there any chance at all William and Kate would name their third child, if a boy, Alfred? My brother made this suggestion last night and I have grown rather fond of the idea! :lol::D
Alfred, a former Duke of Edinburgh, and stamp collector, and naval badass!;)

Since Harry is quite close to his brother and sil, if it’s a boy I do see Harry being honoured, either as a middle name or as a godparent

Is there any chance at all William and Kate would name their third child, if a boy, Alfred? My brother made this suggestion last night and I have grown rather fond of the idea! :lol::D

It wouldn't surprise me at all. The diminutive, Alfie, is very popular now as a standalone name and was at 14th place in the stats for 2016. So Alfred ticks the boxes of royal precedent and current popularity (although Alfred itself is down at 111th place).

I wonder if William and Kate watch 'The Last Kingdom'? ?

Alfred can also be abbreviated to Fred or Freddie, so it's quite an adaptable name.

Also a 3 syllable name: Camilla (and no, i don't really believe they will use that)

Since Harry is quite close to his brother and sil, if it’s a boy I do see Harry being honoured, either as a middle name or as a godparent

I don't know about godparent, maybe--but William and Kate have chosen close friends and cousins for godparents rather than Harry, Pippa or James.

It has become popular but I don't like it.. esp if Abbreviated to Alfie.. and it reminds me of EastEnders. I hope they wont go with it...

Also, George is one syllable for the first child, Charlotte is two syllables for a second child. Will this child have three syllables? Stay tuned to this thread to find out. :D

I was just thinking the same thing. I think the only royals who are known to have nicknames are Prince Harry, HM (Lilibet), Princess Beatrice (Bea) and Lady Louise (I've heard that Sophie sometimes calls her Lou). There might be other cases that I don't know of but the BRF generally don't seem to be big nicknamers - I guess because a lot of the classical royal names are fairly short enough to be called in full.

Three syllables--Eleanor, Emily, Celia, Cynthia, Frederick....and all Spencer family names like George and Charlotte's.?

Eleanor, Frederick :flowers:

The others aren't quite royal names. Family names (Spencer or Bowes-Lyon) but not royal. I wouldn't be expecting them to branch out of the BRF royal names at least for the first name.

Honestly if they choose to like George and Charlotte, use a name already in use in the Spencer family I'd expect Edmund, Robert, Jane, Amelia, something along those lines. Frederick seems to have made the book maker list.

But honestly I don't think they intentionally use names already in the Spencers. George for the queen's dad, Charlotte as an honor to Charles and Carole in a way.

I was just thinking the same thing. I think the only royals who are known to have nicknames are Prince Harry, HM (Lilibet), Princess Beatrice (Bea) and Lady Louise (I've heard that Sophie sometimes calls her Lou). There might be other cases that I don't know of but the BRF generally don't seem to be big nicknamers - I guess because a lot of the classical royal names are fairly short enough to be called in full.

It may simply be a matter of they are very 'formal' in public and don't tend to use nicknames in public hearing. Harry being a major exception. We don't hear Elizabeth called Lilibet, its just an anecdote we have been told in official biographies. William was called Wombat by his parents. As an adult he is said to be called Wills among his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom